DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Off Center Camera

robcio

Reactions
Received my mavic about 2 weeks ago and have just realized the camera / gimbal is slightly angled to the right.

I tried a gimbal cal etc etc but this did not seem to fix the issue.

Has anyone else experience this issue and found a resolution?

Thanks

Use Gimbal Roll Adjustment. I had to make adjustments in the past.

Also on 0600 firmware... The camera takes a few seconds to level out. It's not snappy like on 0400

Hi,
I would of thought gimbal role would be more for the horizon tilt but I may be corrected.
Have you tried the centring camera option shown below.

20qjqd3.jpg

I have tried gimbal roll and the centering option and both did not seem to fix this issue.

Anyone fixed this? Same problem here. And the drone flyes in the same direction the camera is facing. Slightly to the right that is.

Same here as well. Camera is maybe 4 degrees to the left of where the MP will fly with right stick straight ahead. Lining up on the cross hairs for course lock does the same; it flies right on the intended path. Adjusted gimbal, calibrated gimbal, rc, compass; none of those have changed it.

I may have found the cause and a fix. Bit embarrassing really.

It’s really easy to put the gimbal lock on slightly crooked. If you do that, the next time you fly the gimbal will be slightly off straight.

Make sure it’s put in correctly, flat against the vents behind the gimbal, and it’ll ‘train’ the gimbal straight again. You will need to calibrate the gimbal afterwards. I took a short cut to check if it was straight without calibration and got an abnormal gimbal vibration warning.

Nope. The gimbal lock is in the correct position every time. It has nothing to do with it.

Reactions: Rnl
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78