DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Air Range Leaderboard!

you to do a search and rescue.........
I can do this by my own ;) and in the worst case, i am out with a thermal camera ...:D

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones @Long Ranger
This is my latest attempt just got past the 5klms,still everything stock. A couple things to just be wary of when you do these long flights and you are on the limits of your battery at turn around when you press RTH its going to waste time going to your preset height,also when you reach the critical low battery % and goes into auto land it will turn to the position it was facing at takeoff and remember to keep that left stick forward to stop it from landing just thought i would mention these. Cheers

This is my latest attempt just got past the 5klms,still everything stock. A couple things to just be wary of when you do these long flights and you are on the limits of your battery at turn around when you press RTH its going to waste time going to your preset height,also when you reach the critical low battery % and goes into auto land it will turn to the position it was facing at takeoff and remember to keep that left stick forward to stop it from landing just thought i would mention these. Cheers
Yup true...most of the time i am higher then my preset height but for the guys flying low def becareful....and ya know i noticed that with the air turning around at autoland...thats wild! My mavic pro does not do this....or i didnt observe this behavior

Reactions: Ozziebattler
That's a very nice flight! List updated.;)

Reactions: Ozziebattler
Yup true...most of the time i am higher then my preset height but for the guys flying low def becareful....and ya know i noticed that with the air turning around at autoland...thats wild! My mavic pro does not do this....or i didnt observe this behavior
Yeh unless your watching the map you could quite easily fly away from yourself. Next time i might take off with it facing me then just turn and go that way it should stay facing the right way? Another thing i forgot is to just hover when i got back and see how long it flew on 0%

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones @DroneMaster

Ugg wish I could find weather like that....I dont think the wind has gone below 10mph here in all the tests of done...pretty sure I can hit over 5.5k stock if the weather ever cooperates.

Ugg wish I could find weather like that....I dont think the wind has gone below 10mph here in all the tests of done...pretty sure I can hit over 5.5k stock if the weather ever cooperates.
Yeh it’s pretty nice here early in the morning but due to a cyclone that was just off the coast we have had a fair bit of rain lately. I think your right 5.5 would be possible but there would be a fine line to getting back or having to land

Ok guys, who’s going to try for better results?
Does JB999 have the max range for the Mavic Air? one way?o_O
Or is it the best we are going to do?:rolleyes:

Reactions: JB999
Once i get a good morning with hardly any wind I,ll have another go but at that distance its a real balancing act whether you make it back or have to emergency land somewhere,its no problem if you have a good clear area to land in but if you have to put it down in the bush or worse still in the water it sort of knocks your confidence around.But still its a bloody great distance for such a small wifi bird.....love it

Im planing another try later today at 6k, with full RTH this time..we'll see what happens...[emoji23]
A more serious attempt at a one way trip will also come, but not today....
Cheers guys!!

Last edited:
Reactions: lolo780 and Keule
Im planing another try later today at 6k, with full RTH this time..we'll see what happens...[emoji23]
A more serious attempt at a one way trip will also come, but not today....
Cheers guys!!
Any luck with that flight?

Ok, It’s been a few since the last entry.
There are positions available. Anyone pushing the boundaries of the MA can attempt to get on the leaderboard.
For new pilots with the MA, lets see what ranges you are getting.
Post your results!:cool:

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anton13