DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

Gh0stxSinghx got a critical battery wanting at 13% (configured for 10%) and he was at 103m high. Does anyone know the altitude formula for critical battery to kick in prematurely?

i've noticed it kicks in early, not based on how high up you are or how far away you are when he gets near 10%, but rather how low your voltage is. you could be heading back with 15% and because it's windy or you're carrying a heavy load your lowest cell voltage could be 3.42 instead of the normal 3.5 that you're at when you reach 10% and it all just kick it in like 13%. But I pay attention all that stuff as I'm flying so that's just what I've noticed. You have to ask ghost what he saw on his screen

Reactions: Gh0stxSinghx
Well what a difference GOOD batteries make. I used a 4000mAh LiHV Multistar out of my vape box and just went 5.20 miles out and made it back with 30% battery! I can't believe it and I made it back this time. Woo Hoo! Ran in GPS mode at 30mph out and back. Thinking I may try a single 5200 next.

Well what a difference GOOD batteries make. I used a 4000mAh LiHV Multistar out of my vape box and just went 5.20 miles out and made it back with 30% battery! I can't believe it and I made it back this time. Woo Hoo! Ran in GPS mode at 30mph out and back. Thinking I may try a single 5200 next.

So I am assuming the vape batteries are better thank stock DJIs? Any reason why that is ?

Would there be any change if one was to create a waypoint mission, all points straight out & back of course
I ask because a few pilots were arguing that , their Phantoms at least, fly more efficiently, when doing a waypoint mission, meaning use less battery power,
I think he/they are totally wrong, your bird doesn't get more efficient in using battery power just because your flying waypoint missions?

Would there be any change if one was to create a waypoint mission, all points straight out & back of course
I ask because a few pilots were arguing that , their Phantoms at least, fly more efficiently, when doing a waypoint mission, meaning use less battery power,
I think he/they are totally wrong, your bird doesn't get more efficient in using battery power just because your flying waypoint missions?
Only thing I could say is that it may hold a more steady throttle than you can manually. I don't know.

Hey guys, How is it you are only getting 18-27000 foot for stock setups? Is it the battery or antenna that's stopping better numbers? I would have thought the stock units would be getting the numbers that the battery modded one's are getting,(low to mid 40's) Even if you just got 20min fly time thats 2 more minutes then the 18 minute MAX you get with P3P .The P3P will easily get 30-35k on stock battery ,pushing it to the critical battery level 40k+

Hey guys, How is it you are only getting 18-27000 foot for stock setups? Is it the battery or antenna that's stopping better numbers? I would have thought the stock units would be getting the numbers that the battery modded one's are getting,(low to mid 40's) Even if you just got 20min fly time thats 2 more minutes then the 18 minute MAX you get with P3P .The P3P will easily get 30-35k on stock battery ,pushing it to the critical battery level 40k+
I haven't broke 30,000 feet yet with my battery modded Mavic. But I think my problem has been my batteries.

27000 is impressive for this little 3S machine and small battery.
Hey Duse, why dont you post up a nice 32000 stock p3 flight over on the p3 leaderboard. youll be stock champ and I'll be over there to congratulate ya!
but its not realistic that you can get 32 & def not 40. please try and post results though[emoji41]

Reactions: Ed209
During cruise you average around 40km/h which gives you bit over 13km for a roundtrip and 20 mins of endurance stock. The spec 27 min is ideal conditions at lower speed.
Mind we do talk about one-way 27000' so totals 54000' stock.
Edit: little under 25000' out is more or less the max for me limited by battery.

Last edited:
Question about LiHv charging. I was perusing the phantompilots site and noted several references to not fully charging the LiHv's to their max capacity. Was that stale information or is it still pertinent to the Mavic discussion?

No it's just that the LiHV batteries are that much better than the regular Lipo's

This might be a dumb question but if these aftermarket batteries are so superior to the stock ones why doesn't DJI (or another drone company) either buy out these after market battery manufacturers or copy their technology and make that the inherent stock battery thar much better

During cruise you average around 40km/h which gives you bit over 13km for a roundtrip and 20 mins of endurance stock. The spec 27 min is ideal conditions at lower speed.
Mind we do talk about one-way 27000' so totals 54000' stock.
Edit: little under 25000' out is more or less the max for me limited by battery.
Now it makes ALOT more sense ,These are one way numbers:oops:duh.My Bad

Reactions: digdat0
27000 is impressive for this little 3S machine and small battery.
Hey Duse, why dont you post up a nice 32000 stock p3 flight over on the p3 leaderboard. youll be stock champ and I'll be over there to congratulate ya!
but its not realistic that you can get 32 & def not 40. please try and post results though[emoji41]
I was just looking to break 8 miles(round trip) on a stock p3 battery,(I will) .But I want Maciak's kind of numbers (25000 with a total of 50k):D .so I started looking into the mavic's range numbers and thought the numbers I was seeing were round trip numbers.
Maciak has set me on the right path.you guys are taking one way trips.I didnt realize that. Over at PP P3 leader board its round trip also(that's what threw me off)Looks like I need to get a mavic:D
IMG_0803.JPG.jpeg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear