DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Official Mavic Pro Range Leaderboard!

cba4c278a2e76d116bd8d68eb23d337d.jpg

11.3 more grams off. With the vented upper bodywork I'm actually running too cold and ended up taping over some holes. Definitely no need for a fan so on the shelf it goes.

Disclaimer: The core board will shut down if it over temps. Test thoroughly before any long range flights.

What is the weight on the mavic body now? You've taken off a lot!

Reactions: cderoche

11.3 more grams off. With the vented upper bodywork I'm actually running too cold and ended up taping over some holes. Definitely no need for a fan so on the shelf it goes.

Disclaimer: The core board will shut down if it over temps. Test thoroughly before any long range flights.

FWIW- I noticed my fan stopped coming on when the weather turned cooler this past week, even after heavy/long range runs.

Is that drone looking something like the wright brothers plane.

What is the weight on the mavic body now? You've taken off a lot!
Not sure, but it will be well under 700g AUW with DJI battery, which means under 1150g with 8Ah of battery mod.
Will have a 2 x 4500 option as well, sub 1180g.

FWIW- I noticed my fan stopped coming on when the weather turned cooler this past week, even after heavy/long range runs.
The fan is probably one of the easiest 'heavy' bits to unscrew, plus removing the perforated grill will improve airflow. I also point my camera straight down for better aero.

Lolo, where do you prefer to mount your external batteries for distance runs? This seems to be an ongoing debate here.

This is a disease... D**m you Lolo!

View attachment 23549

Good work! A few extra openings above the ESC mosfets are where you want to shed heat. Split the bottom shell off the stock battery and glue the cells to the top skin. 8g there, and better airflow. I also put holes in the top and sides of the battery skin and tape over as necessary depending on observed battery temps during a run.

While you're at it you can chop the rear upper at an angle to match the GPS module and help the advancing rear blades out.

As for battery placement, I've tried top mount side by side, top mount inline and side mount in various CG positions. Top mount wins for hover and vertical, but forward flight they seem equal, or equal enough that wind variables shroud any differences.

On the to-do list is machining sleeves to space the rear arms out. To fold up tidily, the Mavic has T-rex length arms which are horrible for prop wash against the body.

I haven't measured all the drill hole savings, but this is the grand total of everything stripped so far. And shaved off an additional 4 more grams removing the XT60 casings and halving the metal connectors.

I want to do the rotor arms, but not in the mood to re-solder them at this time. Maybe later...

dronemods-284.png dronemods-283.png dronemods-282.png

After some trial and error, I reworked this power cable and got it down to 10 grams (the battery clip is 13!!). I ground down the XT60 terminals to where there is just enough to work with reasonably. Whenever cybernate tells you that you are overweight, it's time to go on a diet of 16 gauge wire :)

dronemods-286.png dronemods-285.png

Reactions: lolo780
Enough talking, time to go flying. My takeoff weight went from 1399 to 1329 grams. Isn't she a beauty? A face only a mother could love :)

Lolo, have you done a grand total weight loss measurement yet?

dronemods-287.jpg

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear