DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

"Oh god! Not the bees!"

Jaysjob

Reactions
Droney got attacked by a band of bees today! It's the first time this has happened. I didn't even know about it until I was landing and could see the swarm. Had to wait to approach the drone until they decided they had enough. I don't know how long the battle raged and unfortunately there was a lot of bee carnage on the drone once retrieved.

Reactions: jointeffort
Crazy! Did you get pics/video of any of this?

Crazy! Did you get pics/video of any of this?

No. Sorry. I was actually so shocked when it happened I was more worried about getting stung. I fly in that spot a lot so next time I'll pull out my phone!

Men, bet the mavic was chock full of bee carcass lol Any pics?? haha

Reactions: Jaysjob
Men, bet the mavic was chock full of bee carcass lol Any pics?? haha

It was! Quite a bit of bee guts. I had to take a pause and clean up the carnage. I was in RTH mode, running out of battery so I had to land but did manage to push it away as I saw what was going on. At first I thought it was those little gnats that fly in your face in the summertime? But as the drone dropped it became apparent they were bees. And they were REALLY pissed! I landed and stayed back until they decided it was over. I really have no idea where they came from. I was doing some lower altitude practicing. Maybe near a bush or something is all I can figure.

My grandson was flying my drone and I could see there were some bees around it. I immediately took the controller from him and flew the mavic quickly away from us towards an open field area. The bees were gone and didn't feel a threat anymore so went back to their hive.

Reactions: Jaysjob
My grandson was flying my drone and I could see there were some bees around it. I immediately took the controller from him and flew the mavic quickly away from us towards an open field area. The bees were gone and didn't feel a threat anymore so went back to their hive.

I think that's probably happened with me Frankie. I landed a little distance away from by home point, shut it down then just let it sit there for a couple of minutes.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail