DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Phones and tablets that work well with DJI GO

You can take the Samung S7 off the list. Latest version of Go4 runs glitchy with many dropouts.
Cant fly Mavic with the S7 anymore.... Thanks DJI.

does this list ever get updated in the original first post ?

im on the lookout for a new andriod tab with gps to use instead of my s7

Just tested my Google Pixel XL and can confirm no issues

Weird, I tried using my Pixel XL when I got mine, latest firmware 4.07 and the app crashes all the time.

Tried using a nexus 7 (2013) and it stopped crashing but it was super laggy

I have been using my old S5 lately and its better than the nexus 7

A friend is gonna let me try it on his old iPhone 5S on monday and I'll see how that goes.

Macrumors reports Apple may discontinue the iPad mini....hope this does not come to pass.

I've got a Samsung J7 Prime running Android 6.0.1 with no additional apps on the phone besides the DJI GO 4 app and the ones the phone initially came with. Had 3 flights and so far it's working all good.

I have purchased Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Qualcomm snapdragon 625 octa core processor, 64GB space and 4GB RAM, 5.5 inch screen. Everything seems to work ok but the map is not loading in the DJI Mavic 4 app navigation screen when I am trying to fly my mavic. What could be the problem can anyone suggest?

Thanks!

Reactions: peteair75
I have not had any problems with Edge 7 but now I will be much more careful. Thanks Never had a disconnect but have not flown more than 1/2 mile away in neighborhood.
I had a few problems with the S7 edge so I went to the s2 tablet

The Acer Iconia One 7" is known to work well with the GO 4 app. You need the 770 model or newer with the MediaTek processor. $90 shipped for the newest model (790). Best part is it fits like a glove into the stock controller.

Reactions: Talha
I just switched to Samsung Galaxy XCover 4, which seems to work just fine. I haven't tried to actually fly with it yet, but everything seemed to work fine on the ground. There's more of a physical problem though, as the phone is too thick to fit well in the clamps. Applying some force, it fits there somehow, I just hope that neither the phone or the clamps will break.

Samsung Galaxy J2 worked really bad, with even 1-minute lag sometimes, and occasional jams and crashes. Also, needed to restart the phone every time I connected the controller to phone.

I can add another Android device that works well with the Mavic and Go 4.1.4, the Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus. It's nice to have an 8in screen without crashes, freezing, lag and occasional random error messages after spending only $AU200.
Specifications: Lenovo Tab3 8 Plus - Full tablet specifications
I bought from a Chinese seller who show it as the Lenovo P8, but both the tablet and packaging are pure 3 8 Plus.
Despite being the WiFi only version the tab has GPS/Glonass enabling 'Follow Me' and 'Mobile Home Point' features to be used. It comes with Google Play services (including Store) pre installed.
The screen is (just) bright enough to be used in sunlight, but an AR film would improve that.
Note that there's also the Tab3 8 available but that has lower specs (EG.MTK CPU vs Snapdragon 625). There's also the Tab4 8 Plus which has the same basic specs adding a 'double glass' case, fingerprint detection and a slightly larger battery(and several more $).

I'm using a rooted Nvidea Shield K1 tablet and I'm very pleased with it. Runs sooooo nice with my Mavic Pro...

i cant see this model in official dji site! it has only xiaomi Mi 5

Dji Site

Android version 4.4.0 or later. Compatible with Samsung S8 ,Samsung S7 edge, Samsung S7, Samsung S6, Samsung S5, Samsung NOTE4, Samsung NOTE3, Samsung tabs 705c, Ascend Mate 9, Ascend Mate 7, Huawei P10 Plus, Huawei Honor 8, Huawei P8 Max, Vivo X7, Xiaomi 5, Google Nexus 6p, Nexus 9, Google Nexus 7 II, LG V20.

hello! Does anyone know if Xiaomi Mi 4 Works with mavic pro and dji go??

I don't know. But I ordered recently for a Xiaomi MI Pad 3 and I will report here how it works as soon as I receive it. I think that if the Xiaomi Mi 3 works as listed in the DJI list, the Mi 4 should work as well.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan