DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Picking up fastfood with mavic pro

Is this fake or not fake?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was going to move this back over to my thread, but since you're the OP, we'll just discuss here...

It's looking more and more like I need to get me a 3d printer... I just made a mock up using a container lid and some scissors. It's too thin and flimsy to carry any weight. But something along those lines - with maybe a tight v-groove/slit at the far end to hold a knotted string. Then aggressively dropping the rear (full reverse in s-mode) would allow the string to slip clear of the slit.

View attachment 4765
View attachment 4766
LOL, good luck with any weight being attached that far back from the center of gravity. I can see your Mavic is not going to last very long. As long as you don't come here complaining that it is DJI's fault then more power to you (although I still don't condone it).

LOL, good luck with any weight being attached that far back from the center of gravity. I can see your Mavic is not going to last very long. As long as you don't come here complaining that it is DJI's fault then more power to you (although I still don't condone it).

Three posts now poo-pooing it. We get it. You don't think it's a good idea. Don't you have a plane to catch?

Reactions: Davee123
Three posts now poo-pooing it. We get it. You don't think it's a good idea. Don't you have a plane to catch?
Yes, and I am waiting to board now. Don't worry, I will not post any more on your thread, I have made my case.

Yes, and I am waiting to board now. Don't worry, I will not post any more on your thread, I have made my case.

Not my thread, but I think you're view is crystal clear at this point. Wouldn't mind hearing about the (il)legality of dropping things from drones when you have a chance to find the references. I have found only passing comments from others that claim it is illegal, but the only codified regs I've been able to find is the one I cited earlier. Have a safe flight.

Whether it's from Amazon for a couple of kids playing around, these kind of videos absolutely make my blood boil. It gives the casual non-hobbyist observer and general public a totally unrealistic impression about what our toys are capable of. Anyone who has flown a quad copter once knows that they are not capable of of doing any of this. People see these videos and think that laws have to be passed to limit Our freedoms. This video, along with others like it, will undoubtedly get re-posted all over the Internet. People will watch them and think this could really happen in the normal course of business. As hobbyists, we need to call them out at every opportunity!

Reactions: M4RK
Oh! The inhumanity of it all!
Kind of reminds me of these guys!:eek:

Reactions: F6Rider
Bravo!!! Bravo!!! Great video. There is little evidence of the flight being made entirely from the home, but I'm sure your working on the behind the scenes video now to prove some wrong. :)

I usually just read stuff here. As a inspire, phantom, race drone owner and a mavic on the way this week I think it's great these kids are having a lot of fun with their mav. Fake or not. The legal or illegal aspect falls on them not those that call them out on it. It's his drone.......Hell I wish it could lift a 12 pack!

@Winiwinston - Might I suggest you re-word your poll question? That's like when I ask the Misses, "Do you want pizza or spaghetti?" and she answers "Yes". Your question, "Is it fake or not fake" is not a yes or no question. Thus change your choices to "Fake" and "Not Fake", or change the question to read, "Do you think this is fake?"... Make sense?

On an aside, and to @DroneOn's point, you probably do want to rename your YT video to include the words "FAKE" in the title. Maybe even add it in the description - although we know no one reads those.

He has a legitimate point of this ending up at all the anti-drone sites, only adding fuel to the paranoia. Remember this video?

Read the description of that video to find out how fake videos like this can grow legs... and these wouldn't be good legs.

Not illegal to drop items. So long as it's done away from people and can be done safely and not endanger people or property. It's even a question on the FAa remote pilot test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: erkme73
I was going to move this back over to my thread, but since you're the OP, we'll just discuss here...

It's looking more and more like I need to get me a 3d printer... I just made a mock up using a container lid and some scissors. It's too thin and flimsy to carry any weight. But something along those lines - with maybe a tight v-groove/slit at the far end to hold a knotted string. Then aggressively dropping the rear (full reverse in s-mode) would allow the string to slip clear of the slit.

View attachment 4765
View attachment 4766
the dumping method might work but with the "brakes" of the mavic it might knock it off if you stop before you want to drop it.

@Winiwinston - Might I suggest you re-word your poll question? That's like when I ask the Misses, "Do you want pizza or spaghetti?" and she answers "Yes". Your question, "Is it fake or not fake" is not a yes or no question. Thus change your choices to "Fake" and "Not Fake", or change the question to read, "Do you think this is fake?"... Make sense?

On an aside, and to @DroneOn's point, you probably do want to rename your YT video to include the words "FAKE" in the title. Maybe even add it in the description - although we know no one reads those.

He has a legitimate point of this ending up at all the anti-drone sites, only adding fuel to the paranoia. Remember this video?

Read the description of that video to find out how fake videos like this can grow legs... and these wouldn't be good legs.
I think people get the question, but you're right on it. This video isn't fake though sir :)

Not illegal to drop items. So long as it's done away from people and can be done safely and not endanger people or property. It's even a question on the FAa remote pilot test.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using MavicPilots mobile app
Agreed, however anyone who flys a UAV regardless of how they use it must use common sense. The FAA defines this rule! FAR Part 91 Sec. 91.15 effective as of 09/30/1963
What they don't rule is what payloads are not allowed. Obviously all weapons are out of the question. Flying with any payload has it's risk and could endanger people and or property! Just my last 2 cents.
DM..

I don't think it's fake, I have no idea what was in the Bag, it might have been a pack of small fries and that alone would have been enough to prove his point.

My reaction is wow! A kid in high school that can afford to buy a $1000 drone. Wow some kids are really spoiled.
My old man had a really good job and so did my mother. When it came to us kids we had to earn our own money and it was typically at 50 cents an hour. It would take me a year to save up for a $100 item and that involved typically working most of the day every Saturday for half the year. Winter was something we looked forward to, we could make good cash shoveling snow for the neighbors.

How do these guys get a $1000. Do their parents just give it to them or do they work for it? If I could have afforded a $1K item when I was growing up my old man would have seen that as a sign that it was time for me leave home and fly on my own.;)

Last edited:
I usually just read stuff here. As a inspire, phantom, race drone owner and a mavic on the way this week I think it's great these kids are having a lot of fun with their mav. Fake or not. The legal or illegal aspect falls on them not those that call them out on it. It's his drone.......**** I wish it could lift a 12 pack!
Thankyou, no one knows how to just sit back and enjoy something nowdays. Its all complaints.

Reactions: Lees23
I don't think it's fake, I have no idea what was in the Bag, it might have been a pack of small fries and that alone would have been enough to prove his point.

My reaction is wow! A kid in high school that can afford to buy a $1000 drone. Wow some kids are really spoiled.
My old man had a really good job and so did my mother. When it came to us kids we had to earn our own money and it was typically at 50 cents an hour. It would take me a year to save up for a $100 item and that involved typically working most of the day every Saturday for half the year. Winter was something we looked forward to, we could make good cash shoveling snow for the neighbors.

How do these guys get a $1000. Do their parents just give it to them or do they work for it? If I could have afforded a $1K item when I was growing up my old man would have seen that as a sign that it was time for me leave home and fly on my own.;)
Not spoiled i have a job and i earned it all myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Terancemcleod29