DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Play on rear arm

MavicPro83

Reactions
Hi all,

When I have my MP folded up I've noticed that the left rear arm (when looking from the bottom has a lot of play (movement) vs the right... the motor at the end moves a fair way to and from the body, would someone with an MP mind seeing if there's is the same?

I noticed one of the rear screws on that side is more proud but it seems cross threaded as it won't tighten at all, I wonder if that is the cause.

Thanks,

R

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Per your request I just tried mine and both arms have essentially no movement away from the body.

Thanks, I suspected as much, It's not been crashed and only flown about 4 times, I might just return to the store it came from, however I got the DJI care and am not sure if that would be transferable (assume not). Annoying to have to RMA such a new MP.

Thanks, I suspected as much, It's not been crashed and only flown about 4 times, I might just return to the store it came from, however I got the DJI care and am not sure if that would be transferable (assume not). Annoying to have to RMA such a new MP.

If your drone is exchanged/replaced your care refresh will be transferred to the new drone but you will need to cantact DJI for them to make the switch

At this stage I can still take it back to the store as it has a 45 day return policy, I am waiting to hear back from DJI if they will allow me to move the care package across - as you suggest this should be a warranty issue with such a new drone - and one that had not been in any incidents. Chances of hearing back from DJI in the next few days seems low though!

Hi I've crashed mine a couple of times and cracked the rear arm lugs that stop the arm going up to high. I have contacted DJI and they said they cannot supply these parts. Does any know where I can get spares?

Sounds like it needs to go back to DJI, if it requires a new shell it's probably not crazy money, my P3 had one and it was $60 on the invoice, though it was still in warranty so cost me nothing

Update on this, I took the Mavic back to Best Buy this am - gotta love that 45 day return policy! DJI have offered to transfer or refund my care refresh, I'm opting for refund so I can get the full term when i get my replacement in.

Third flight out, I tangled with a limb about 7 feet off the ground while flying in tripod mode. I was shocked to find when it crashed from such a low altitude at such a low speed that the back left arm was completely broken in two places. This particular arm is out of stock almost everywhere. There's one supplier on eBay that had one for about $60. When I checked a few days later he had increased the price to $569. The other three arms are in abundant supply. I believe this is possibly a manufacture's defect.

When you mean a lot of play, do you mean if you try to fold it the wrong way (ie - away from the body, similar to the motion required for the arms in the front), or do you mean a lot of play in the direction of folding them, when folded? ie - moving them up and down (or toward/away from you when looking at the belly)

I have play in the left rear arm of mind (when looking at the belly of the drone), but only when folding them up (see video). If I try to gently pull them away from the body (similar to folding the forward arms) there is no play.

Does anyone notice their drone is the same as mine in the video? (the left arm has more play than the right when folded for storage in the video, although when folded out and extended they snap out and are firmly in place)

Hi all,

When I have my MP folded up I've noticed that the left rear arm (when looking from the bottom has a lot of play (movement) vs the right... the motor at the end moves a fair way to and from the body, would someone with an MP mind seeing if there's is the same?

I noticed one of the rear screws on that side is more proud but it seems cross threaded as it won't tighten at all, I wonder if that is the cause.

Thanks,

R

Hi Tobarus, my rear arm has the same issue. You managed to sort out the free play issue?

(This is from my youtube post)

No, as DJI never responded back. Perhaps silence means it's normal? My drone seems to work flawlessly other than that. I wonder if it's just manufacturing tolerances and it's hit or miss whether someone's drone exhibits it or not. I think returning it may be a bit of "Russian roulette" as in researching this, I've read about so many other issues from others, of which were not even resolved with a replacement drone, or another defect was found...

Hi Tobarus, my rear arm has the same issue. You managed to sort out the free play issue?

Seems ****** to have my brand new mavic rear arm to have so much free play. Contacted Dji & waiting for their reply

Will keep you updated on the outcome

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78