DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PLEASE HELP ME!! :( :(

Here is the problem. And I am by no means an expert, but I have taken my time in learning how to fly these things all across the board. People get the mavic and expect it to be some sort of toy, they disregard the manual, disregard learning how to fly in ATTI, disregard how to control the bird manually and expect it to fly flawlessly. As a part 107 holder, I find it strange the FAA doesn't require you to show them that you can actually fly these things. I started last June with a nano, then a very fast racer flying VLOS, then I taught myself ACRO mode, and the mavic is now a breeze. This shouldn't be anybody's first quad. People are going to mess this up for those of us that take this seriously. I feel bad for the guy but if he was VLOS and ATTI mode popped up, he should be able to take control of the bird. And giving him the benefit of the doubt, it could have been hardware or firmware but it also could have been simply not knowing how to fly it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

All the skills and practice in the world would not have been of any assistance. If you'd read the original post, you'd have learned that my remote control was not communicating with the bird so no matter how deft of a hand, or how clumsy and inexperienced, the input to the stick had zero bearing on the movement on the drone. That is the unfortunate yet inevitable result of the controller having no connection with the drone.

If you fly in an area that may not have cell service, marco polo is probably the way to go.

I dont like the marco polo user interface design, and the way it works all around is so 1960's to me. And way over priced.. I guess in the rare occasion you only fly your drone out in no mans land then sure the marco polo is great but for the other 99% [emoji111]️

My understanding is the trackimo works anywhere, cell service or not because it has multiple systems not just cellular but also has free cell roaming as well.

Can anyone confirm the trackimo is confined to places with cell service? This is First ive heard that. Not that there are many places without cell service around here anymore... when i go hunting out in middle of no where ;woods or desert . Even Riding to furtherst corner of the sand dunes, fishing lakes up hwy58, snowboarding at the top of Mt Hood ..i always have some cell phone reception . Maybe its just In the USA ? I live in Oregon...

I'll do some testing when i can but for now it seems the trackimo/tile combo is my personal best choice. ...i will not fly without a tracker

Last edited:
I believe Trackimo is the best celluar 3g gps tracker to buy, its only 5$ a year , 100$ for the device but it gives real time gps coordinates and has great website interface etc. all the others in its class were like 50$ up front and 5-20$+ a month so its the cheapest & i here its very accurate/fast by comparison.. its the one i just ordered based on lots of reviews .. check it out. Www.trackimo.com

Have you found a good place to attach the trackimo that doesnt interfere withany thing?

Reactions: boxsterfahrer
Have you found a good place to attach the trackimo that doesnt interfere withany thing?

No i plan to mount it on the left or right side & the tile on the other. (1 on each side of rib cage area; trackimo/tile) :p my mavic will be sent this week per dji cs, but i have my trackimo/tile in hand ready to go

Note: if you use a tile for its 90 decibel audio beacon feature like i am, make sure you mount it so the 3 tiny holes on the backside of the tile are facing outward as the sound is emitted from those holes

(The Gen2 tile is 3 times louder than the original, its 90 decibel audio tune can be heard from its maximum bluetooth range of approx 135ft) {~~used to pin point drone within its gps coordinate if needed

The tile also has a map feature but uses bluetooth so its pin point accuracy is exact even when fully zoomed in. Unlike GPS that can be a city block off . The tile really is the perfect secondary tracker . Ive been using tiles for a couple years now im sold on them. And u dont need cell reception for the tile i know that for a fact, so if u can get within 135 feet of ur drone it beats a marco polo .at least as far as the final pin pointing process of finding ur lost drone goes imo. Maybe even marco polo users could benefit from using a tile secondary

Last edited:
No i plan to mount it on the left or right side & the tile on the other. (1 on each side of rib cage area; trackimo/tile) :p my mavic will be sent this week per dji cs, but i have my trackimo/tile in hand ready to go

Note: if you use a tile for its 90 decibel audio beacon feature like i am, make sure you mount it so the 3 tiny holes on the backside of the tile are facing outward as the sound is emitted from those holes

(The Gen2 tile is 3 times louder than the original, its 90 decibel audio tune can be heard from its maximum bluetooth range of approx 135ft) {~~used to pin point drone within its gps coordinate if needed

The tile also has a map feature but uses bluetooth so its pin point accuracy is exact even when fully zoomed in. Unlike GPS that can be a city block off . The tile really is the perfect secondary tracker . Ive been using tiles for a couple years now im sold on them. And u dont need cell reception for the tile i know that for a fact, so if u can get within 135 feet of ur drone it beats a marco polo .at least as far as the final pin pointing process of finding ur lost drone goes imo. Maybe even marco polo users could benefit from using a tile secondary

G2 or G3 verison Trackimo? im in New York

I dont like the marco polo user interface design, and the way it works all around is so 1960's to me. And way over priced.. I guess in the rare occasion you only fly your drone out in no mans land then sure the marco polo is great but for the other 99% [emoji111]️

My understanding is the trackimo works anywhere, cell service or not because it has multiple systems not just cellular but also has free cell roaming as well.

Can anyone confirm the trackimo is confined to places with cell service? This is First ive heard that. Not that there are many places without cell service around here anymore... when i go hunting out in middle of no where ;woods or desert . Even Riding to furtherst corner of the sand dunes, fishing lakes up hwy58, snowboarding at the top of Mt Hood ..i always have some cell phone reception . Maybe its just In the USA ? I live in Oregon...

I'll do some testing when i can but for now it seems the trackimo/tile combo is my personal best choice. ...i will not fly without a tracker
Trackimo requires GSM cell service. In fact you should ensure you have GSM service in your area as there are large parts of the country without coverage.

I respectfully disagree with your comment.

The TL;DR from you is: The rules are there to break them with precautions. WTF.

Every time I see any drone flying and breaking the rules I report it. Period.
I was driving this morning and noticed that more than 90% of the people were driving 10 KPH faster than the maximum driving speed, not because everyone is doing it with "Precaution" means its ok to do it.
Rules exist for a reason, we need to respect them and respect each other anyway.

Did you call the police to report it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I never said it's ok to break the rules.

I said people will do it despite all information we provide.

I never said we should ignore they are breaking the rules.

I said we should discuss it in one specific topic, instead of fragmenting the discussion with off-topic posts like this one. Not only to make sure people fell comfortable to keep posting when they break the rules (instead of hiding what really is going on), and also to help all newcomers understand how important the safety is (with a specific topic always being updated)

[/QUOTE]

Agree ... but you will not ever convince people here to "stay on topic." They are probably right, having a safety thread, is not an effective way to bring up safety issues anyway because I know I would never...ever.. contribute or read anything posted in the "safety thread." The same people would be writing and reading... lol.... I don't read their statements in the main threads. I just skip their comments. Is there a way to just ignore all comments from certain posters? That would work for me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I believe Trackimo is the best celluar 3g gps tracker to buy, its only 5$ a year , 100$ for the device but it gives real time gps coordinates and has great website interface etc. all the others in its class were like 50$ up front and 5-20$+ a month so its the cheapest & i here its very accurate/fast by comparison.. its the one i just ordered based on lots of reviews .. check it out. Www.trackimo.com
74d4aba518e0e57770c8f229af874f79.jpg

Is it possible that he encountered interference from a geo magnetic storm like they talk about in dji helper? Did u check the kp index for the time of the flight yet?
15bc01cd8a9dffd6f14ec7e7d99a60a2.jpg

If they replaced it, did they give an explanation as to what malfunction occurred?

Also, is it now deactivated/unable to be used like a stolen cell phone now that dji knows its lost

Where did you buy it for $100? The lesser expensive version appears to be 2G which won't be useful after 2017. Appears to me you'd need to spend $199 for the 3G version?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31