DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Polar Pro ND's now available - Sponsored Sticky

Have any of you actually seen what happens when the Mavic starts up? Ever look at he camera and arm holding the gimbal?
Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots
What does that have to do with anything... other than why I was asking the question, of course.
Correct, its not too hard, it takes less than a second to remove. But I feel you, it seems like most people are filming with the same filter, so for the Cinema Series we will make it so you don't need to remove it. Appreciate the feedback, its how we make better products.
-Jeff
That's awesome! I look forward to getting those!

I was just notified by PolarPro that my order has shipped! Right on time, DJI could take a lesson from them.

Last edited:
How does the upgrade process work Jeff?
When we launch the Cinema Series just fire us an email and we will apply the cost of your filters towards the new filters.
This way you get to use your current filters until the new ones come out. Thanks for the question!
-Jeff

The first time I forget to remove the filter between flights, I assume I'll get a gimbal restricted or overload warning on startup?

The first time I forget to remove the filter between flights, I assume I'll get a gimbal restricted or overload warning on startup?

If you forget to take it off, the Gimbal will not calibrate, so you will then take it off and then pop it back on.
I don't think it throws any error messages, but if it did that would be a reminder to take the filter off and turn your Mavic on.
-Jeff

When we launch the Cinema Series just fire us an email and we will apply the cost of your filters towards the new filters.
This way you get to use your current filters until the new ones come out. Thanks for the question!
-Jeff
This is fantastic. I only ordered the three filters knowing I would upgrade to the 6 Cinema Series pack when they become available. To see that PolarPro are doing an upgrade option is brilliant. Received an email today showing my set has shipped. Hopefully they arrive at the same time as the Mavic ie; before I head off on holiday January 5th. Taking the camper to Mt Cook and Lake Tekapo which is always stunning.

Reactions: PolarPro
They are made out of aircraft aluminum so the material can be thinner and still retain an acceptable structural integrity.
-Jeff
So the cinema series filters are lighter and therefore don't interfere with gimbal calibration at startup? What is the weight of the cinema series filters and what will they cost? Thanks Jeff.

So the cinema series filters are lighter and therefore don't interfere with gimbal calibration at startup? What is the weight of the cinema series filters and what will they cost? Thanks Jeff.

The Cinema series are made out of aluminum which are thinner so they will not need to be removed for gimbal calibration. The factor is not weight it has to do with the filter thickness. Thanks for the question!
-Jeff

Hi Jeff, is the cinema series the "professional 6 pack" listed on the polar pro website? Or is it an entirely different product. If so, where can I go to preorder it?

Thanks

The Cinema series are made out of aluminum which are thinner so they will not need to be removed for gimbal calibration. The factor is not weight it has to do with the filter thickness. Thanks for the question!
-Jeff
Ah, I think I understand... you mean the thicker (larger) filter physically obstructs the gimbal during startup calibration?

Ah, I think I understand... you mean the thicker (larger) filter physically obstructs the gimbal during startup calibration?
The Cinema Series filters are not available for purchase quite yet. They should be available to preorder starting early January!
-Jeff

The Cinema Series filters are not available for purchase quite yet. They should be available to preorder starting early January!
-Jeff

Thanks Jeff, two more quick questions if you don't mind.

Will the cinema series be nd and polarizing like the professional pack?
Any estimate on when they will ship after preorders? Just trying to get an idea since I'm going on a vacation mid february and if they won't be out yet, i'll just buy the professional pack now.

So glad I just read through the new posts on this thread! I was considering canceling my order and waiting for the Cinema Series, but now I will keep the order and upgrade later!

Great Customer Service Polar Pro!

Reactions: jwilson2598
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078