DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

PolarPro Cinema Series still problematic to gimbal?

Hi Tray,
We have a few options, if you are on a budget and looking for the best price we have a 3-pack that is $49.99 it still includes the lifetime warranty:
DJI Mavic Filter 3-Pack

If you are looking for the best optics, we have the Cinema Series available:
DJI Mavic Filters - Cinema Series 6-Pack

I think I could go out on a limb here and say that we have the best brand support, warranty, and customer service,

Jeff

...and filters. Miniscule price difference for no BS support & the best optics. Adding the ND/PL filters to this Mavic camera is like upgrading the camera!

Reactions: dslater
Thanks for your quick response Jeff. I have no doubt Polar Pro have great optics, I've just grown concerned after reading this thread (and others like it) and other reviews talking about the problems with proper fit, and I'm unclear as to whether this problem has been truly totally resolved by now or not. I really don't like the idea of having to strain my gimbal each time I want to remove a filter, or having the gimbal initialization fail sometimes because of a lens-fit problem. I'm certainly willing to pay a little more to get the very best.

Tray

Thanks for your quick response Jeff. I have no doubt Polar Pro have great optics, I've just grown concerned after reading this thread (and others like it) and other reviews talking about the problems with proper fit, and I'm unclear as to whether this problem has been truly totally resolved by now or not. I really don't like the idea of having to strain my gimbal each time I want to remove a filter, or having the gimbal initialization fail sometimes because of a lens-fit problem. I'm certainly willing to pay a little more to get the very best.
Tray
All of our filters have been redesigned to pass through gimbal initialization. You will still see a very small number of people having fitment issues due to tight tolerances, but this number is less than 1% of the orders shipped. Also know that we are either actively working with those folks to get a proper fitting filter for them, or just refunding them if they please.

Jeff

Sounds like Polar Pro did a good job responding. A+ for customer service. DJI has a filter but it's cheaper and lighter. You probably won't have an issue with it but it's not going to be Polar Pro either. This is true about manufacturer variance. Apple is as close as they come to eliminating it but no cigar as we buy and sell a ton of Apple products. We have all seen Mavic which had small gaps in arms very small etc. The aluminum machined for your camera guess what could fluctuate a 10th of a mm or something. That will make the fitment difficult. DJIs approach was more of a 3 prong clamp actually a very cheap design. But it works. The Polar Pro design is definitely more robust and long lasting. Polar Pro has been around forever and any issue with fitment someone has is probably not entirely their fault.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Reactions: PolarPro
This is how the polar pro stuck at Mavic boot.

b807808bb477083a400a2a6f7969cf0a.jpg

Last edited:
I pushed the filter all the way In
And still 9 out of 10 times, boot up stuck.

Jeff, I have just sent you an email.
See if you can help me.

ff1f29afc3c8b40ec2eeb3c6f094f11c.jpg

I used the same way in this video to seat the filters

Last edited:
Dang that sucks. I'm sure Jeff will sort you out. Did you try all the other filters and see if it happens with themselves well? Also, and I'm totally not questioning you, but are you absolutely sure it's seated all the way down? From that 2nd pic it looks like the right side might not be fully seated, again not questioning you just trying to help troubleshoot. I know once in the field I had gimbal obstruction at startup and it ended being that one side of the filter was ever so slightly not all the way down. I'd say try all the other filters and make sure it's as far as it will go.

Good luck.:)

I saw earlier that some pilots mentioned need the filter to be fully seated and I make sure that I push all the way in.

I tried all 3 filters and they all not good.

the 2nd photo "appears not fully seated" is the light and shadow thing.

I ordered the pack from Amazon, but I don't know if there are any differences.

there was a post saying using finger pads might help, any one can share that video ?

BTW, I am using the latest firmware v01.03.0400

This is how the polar pro stuck at Mavic boot.
Strange, my cinema filters all succeed in gimbal initialization at Mavic boot.

Because most people only write when there are problems: I just want to state that I'm happy with the cinema series. Especially since sharpness and color seem to be maintained. I was afraid I'd get weird colors and have to spend big efforts to correct in post, but no, all fine. =)

Sorry since it's doing it to all 3 I'd say you're one of the unlucky few. I got my 6 pack from Amazon and they're all fine. Can you just return them to Amazon and buy another set? I'm not sure if PolarPro has theirs back in stock or not. Either way I'm certain Jeff will make it right.

I'm pretty sure the 'finger pad video' was specific to removing the filter as they can be a bit tight until they get some use.

Strange, my cinema filters all succeed in gimbal initialization at Mavic boot.

Because most people only write when there are problems: I just want to state that I'm happy with the cinema series. Especially since sharpness and color seem to be maintained. I was afraid I'd get weird colors and have to spend big efforts to correct in post, but no, all fine. =)

that is strange.

Sorry since it's doing it to all 3 I'd say you're one of the unlucky few. I got my 6 pack from Amazon and they're all fine. Can you just return them to Amazon and buy another set? I'm not sure if PolarPro has theirs back in stock or not. Either way I'm certain Jeff will make it right.

I'm pretty sure the 'finger pad video' was specific to removing the filter as they can be a bit tight until they get some use.

then shall wait for Jeff to see if he can help.

Update: I've flown at least a dozen times with my vivids and haven't had a failure yet. The "over rotation" I was experiencing seems to have worked itself out. I like the polarization but wish it was stronger. Better than stock for sure in low sun angle water shots.

9e7148c5bd6678df4223b97aceea5226.jpg

Using cinema series. Have fingernails to pull off so no long nose pliers required and no overload issue. I leave gimbal clamp on when placing the lens on and off as well as supporting the gimbal slightly. Love the polarized effect bringing up the aqua colour of water. See loads of detail is shallow water.

9e7148c5bd6678df4223b97aceea5226.jpg

Using cinema series. Have fingernails to pull off so no long nose pliers required and no overload issue. I leave gimbal clamp on when placing the lens on and off as well as supporting the gimbal slightly. Love the polarized effect bringing up the aqua colour of water. See loads of detail is shallow water.

Nice shot of a pretty iconic beach.

No worries, we will get your replacement out ASAP!
Thanks for supporting our brand,
-Jeff from PolarPro

I got my replacement set last week and they fit on there just perfect so I felt the need to come back and let everyone know that the PolarPro set is good.

My first couple test flights however the horizon seem to be a little slanted. I'm not sure if this is from the weight of the filters or it was simply too windy this past weekend. Will try again this weekend.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman