DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Problems downloading videos from SD card - Mavic Air

The card was recommended by DJI for the Mavic Air. Darn voice recognition!!

Hi Kilrah, Yes I did do that on the initial start up. I don’t see the option to do that with sequential start ups. Video format is MP4.

Ok but you have the iPad connected to the remote not the aircraft right?

You will need to to connect
either the actual drone to a computer or the SD card by way of an SD card reader to a computer. They actually have Micro SD card readers that you can plug into your iPad via lightning cable but I personally haven’t used one.

Video (especially if shooting 4K make massive files. Far to large to be transferred wirelessly from the drone to the remote. Unless you turned the feature off the mavic actually stores low resolution “cache” files on to you phone automatically. They are in the DJI Go 4 app under the “media” tab of the DJI page (the page enter the drone that says “go fly.” ) these are low quality but at least you can see what videos you have and can view them. On the iPad they might not be all that terrible actually but to get the high quality files you have to connect the actual drone via a wire to the computer or take the SD out and download them

Hi Brett8883,

I’ve had a chance to play with it a little bit and have attempted to download videos from the SD card using an adapter from Apple. I can download photos with no problem, however, when I attempt to download videos, I get an exclamation point inside a red circle when done. Consequently, I have no videos downloaded. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Hi Brett8883,

I’ve had a chance to play with it a little bit and have attempted to download videos from the SD card using an adapter from Apple. I can download photos with no problem, however, when I attempt to download videos, I get an exclamation point inside a red circle when done. Consequently, I have no videos downloaded. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

Which iPad model are you using?

Can you see that the video files are there but you just can’t download them? Can you screen shot when you see the error come up and then upload here?

How much storage room do you have on your iPad?

Are you still only haveing trouble with 4K?

Which iPad model are you using?

Can you see that the video files are there but you just can’t download them? Can you screen shot when you see the error come up and then upload here?

How much storage room do you have on your iPad?

Are you still only haveing trouble with 4K?

i’m using an iPad mini 4. 128 GB of which I’ve used 32 GB.
I seem to be having trouble with the 4K only. 2.7 K and
1080 P download fine.

I need to play with it some more, but the weather’s been bad for a few days. The 2.7 K videos look good to me. I’ll just try to learn some more about it and see what happens.

Thanks again!!

i’m using an iPad mini 4. 128 GB of which I’ve used 32 GB.
I seem to be having trouble with the 4K only. 2.7 K and
1080 P download fine.

I need to play with it some more, but the weather’s been bad for a few days. The 2.7 K videos look good to me. I’ll just try to learn some more about it and see what happens.

Thanks again!!

And you are shooting in H.264 correct?

It works for me. The videos look good on the iPad and these old eyes can’t notice any difference.

Thanks again! It was nice chatting with you!

Happy flying!!

Reactions: brett8883
I think my card is too slow. I was trying to shoot in 4K with no luck. When I changed it to 2.7 K I was successful in downloading from the bird. I still believe in Cartagena was recommended by DJI but I don’t think it’s fast enough to do the 4K video. I could be wrong but that’s what seems to be happening. Thanks again all!
I think you have your answer. The stock card that came with my MP could not record 4K. I don't know why DJI would go cheap on a SD card that would not work completely; I guess multiplied by the thousands that they sell the savings add up. From a marketing and user standpoint it was a stupid move.

Just got the crystalsky and transferred all of the photos from the mavic sd card to another sd card on the crystal sky.

Now took the crystalsky sd with all the content over to the ipad with an sd connector. Do not see the import button. Do the files need to be in a certain folder for iOS on the ipad to see it?

Thanks

Just got the crystalsky and transferred all of the photos from the mavic sd card to another sd card on the crystal sky.

Now took the crystalsky sd with all the content over to the ipad with an sd connector. Do not see the import button. Do the files need to be in a certain folder for iOS on the ipad to see it?

Thanks
Yes it has to conform to a camera sd card format, either exfat or fat32. All you have to do is make a folder on the root directory of your card called DCIM. All your media has to be in this folder or in a subfolder of DCIM.

Your files have to be named like how they are named by a camera like DJI_####.(some extension). The important part is “DJI_ “ followed by 4 numbers. No two files can have the same number/name.

At least this is to import them into the photos app. You might be able to save the files as is to the files app though

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PilotOne