DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Put Your Mavic to Work

BLZE02

Reactions
Many purchased their Mavic for hobby purposes. Like for example I like to use mine for traveling to record where I go and get an awesome views of the area. Also to take pictures of my family and track my son while he walks around the beach, park, etc. You know there’s also the usual checking your roof, looking at your neighbors backyards, sunsets.

Just want to see what uses have you put your Mavic through. Also mention any jobs like photo shoots, tower inspections etc. Any creative uses?

Reactions: ROBERTNCREST
I'm starting (as in still practicing) to use my MP as a really-long-cable cam in support of a new video blog I'm doing. It also allows me to get some good punctuation shots for intro, outro, and scene changes. I should have started this back in the summer, though, because the weather has not been conducive to practicing and shooting. Right now I'm using Drone Harmony for the shot setup.

Reactions: BLZE02
I initially bought a Phantom 2 Vision because I thought drones were cool. I then bought the P3 and P4 and put out "drone videos". I've since bought the Mavic Pro and Air. About a year ago I changed gears as I took a statement to heart.... "no one wants to see your drone videos". I now use my drone footage to _enhance_ my travel videos. They are shot mostly from the ground. To each their own, drone videos are perfectly fine. I also enjoy putting out drone tech/tip/instructional videos.

I got mine because I like the FPV aspect of racing, but wanted to slow it down. I like to go up and just explore, see areas I have been to countless times from a different perspective. I’ll take a picture or video now and then, but it’s not why I have the Mavic.

I've used mine for when I go out hiking and go off trail. I use it to scout the terrain ahead. It is difficult to gauge how steep the land is though looking at my phone screen.

Im going on a road trip across this great country and want to document stuff.
I also thought it would be cool to shoot corn fields for farmers, national parks, events.
The mav is going to be my main camera really, that and my galaxy. America!

Be careful, as far as I know, National Parks are off limits...

I have photographed a few houses for friends and received some expenses but not really serious work.

Im going on a road trip across this great country and want to document stuff.
I also thought it would be cool to shoot corn fields for farmers, national parks, events.
The mav is going to be my main camera really, that and my galaxy. America!

Nice I’ll like to see your videos/pictures.

Sorta thought I'd put my Mavic to work too but soon found out it was a lot of work and very little pay. Seemed like it was going to ruin a fun hobby, so now I just fly it around like a wild man at our place in the country. Seldom use the camera and it's true. No one wants to see your drone videos.

Other than making video combined with my osmo, the main function of the MP is scouting alpine lakes and spotting cruising fish.

How easy is it to spot fish? I’ve been wanting to capture that but thinking I might need a tablet or goggles to see them. What are you using?

How easy is it to spot fish? I’ve been wanting to capture that but thinking I might need a tablet or goggles to see them. What are you using?

Not easy at all, especially with the trout. You really just have to know what you’re looking for and where you’re looking for them, that way you can remain pretty high over the lake as to not disturb the water or cast any shadows. It’s much easier on ocean flats. I want to try the goggles as well but waiting for the next gen, wasn’t too impressed with the current image quality, however it still may not be practical carrying up long steep hikes.

I'm a recording artist and live performer, I've bought my mavic air to shoot music videos by myself as other people are too expensive to hire or flaky when it comes to come to the shoot and make something happen. £769 will hopefully allow me to shoot videos abundantly, opposed to paying £400 per music video. Let's see. 4days and 8 crashes hahaha but thankful for the guards no damage yet

Reactions: geevee
Word of advice with no lecturing because I have no idea how many posting here are in the US and have their p107.

Be very careful when doing anything commercial without cert.

I have some friends with FAA knowledge who think they are going to make some examples soon. Fines will be very steep to get the word out.

Are the odds high that they will go after YOU? Probably not, but once you are identified, game over.

I, for one, would not want to be that guy.

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d