DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Put Your Mavic to Work

BLZE02,

I'm curious if you have taken a look at any drone services marketplaces as vectors for getting commercial work?

I purchased a Mavic Pro for personal use and have taken some amazing shots and videos - but have yet to obtain my certification. I definitely want to become P107 certified before getting to deep in it and I'm sure that will go a long way to getting validation from potential clients.

I am actually working with a company that is creating a marketplace for drone services and they're looking for pilots to sign up (I guess to gauge interest in the platform?) - they propose to offer air, land, and sea drone services- which is pretty rad.

Take a look- I think you can also speak to people with their live chat, I'm sure they'd love to hear what kind of services you would be able to offer so they can figure out how to develop their final roll-out of the platform.

Dronelist | Get Drone Data to Power Your Business

Warm regards,

Matt

I can only say that I liked everything about it.
Generally speaking the harassment of elk herds and seals is frowned upon.
I recognize several places in the video, being from the same stretch of Oregon coast as a number of these scenes were shot from.
I'm glad I watched the video, though more from a forensic point of view.

Well, just to be clear it is not national geographic. It's all mine and all original. all shot in my neck of the woods, so to speak, in the last year and it will become by demo reel whether anyone is interested or not.

I do appreciate you feedback though.

As a resident of the neck of the woods these shots are from I will offer as feedback that I don't appreciate the harassment of elk herds and marine mammals.
Neither do many others who live here along the Oregon coast and inland at the elk viewing ares and Cascade lakes. Actions such as these are a source of increasing problems and an increasing awareness of inconsiderate and scofflaw drone operators, and an increasing hostility towards drone operators in general.
But hey, keep posting those videos and you'll get caught eventually.

Last edited:
As a resident of the neck of the woods these shots are from I will offer as feedback that I don't appreciate the harassment of elk herds and marine mammals.
Neither do many others who live here along the Oregon coast and inland at the elk viewing ares. Actions such as these are a source of increasing problems and an increasing awareness of inconsiderate and scofflaw drone operators, and an increasing hostility towards drone operators in general.
But hey, keep posting those videos and you'll get caught eventually.
Well said sir...it's situations like this that give the drone community a black eye...be safe fly safe and fly "SMART"

Reactions: Cuervo
Professional footage for my own use? They can't do me if I'm recording myself no?
Not sure what you mean by "Professional" footage but...

Again, as others have said, it's not about who it's for, it's about "in furtherance of business' or profession.

If it is generating any monetary benefit, or even non-monetary advantage for you or anyone else's business be careful.

I thought I would be able to use my drones for close range aerial shooting, real estate, video commercials, footage sales, etc. (! am a 107 certified RPI). But, alas without the very costly liability insurance, no one has yet been willing to give me a gig. (plus I'm a geezer which I suspect may have been a factor on occasion.)

I don't blame them, mind you. I'd want to be covered too, I just have not been willing to justify the up to $2000/year for insurance I don't really believe I would likely ever need. So given the fact that it would be difficult to recoup that kind of money with my drone, I've been quite discouraged.

I've been building and flying camera drones for fun for 5 yrs now and have always been able to manage my flying safely. That's not to say I cannot make a mistake, but the possibility that an experience pilot is likely to cause hundreds of thousands of dollars in damages with a tiny MP seems unrealistic to me. My car can cause that kind of damage and more, yet it's liability insurance is cheap ???

What do you guys pay for liability insurance and if it's not expensive, where did you buy it?

Take a look at Verifly. It’s pay by the drink liability insurance. I use it all the time and build it in to my pricing.

Try www.verifly.com

Fly safe and enjoy

I use my Mavic and P3P to fly our construction sites each week to show our investors how things are progressing. It's so much easier to see the progress from the air than it is from the ground, especially on large projects, although I take ground photos too. I also use them for vacations, fun and family.

Your documentation of construction sites absolutely requires you be a 107 pilot. Just a friendly FYI. You don’t have to receive $$ to still be considered flying for “other than recreation”

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d