DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Question - potential problem after I hit a bush

jve40

Reactions
I was flying about 3-4 feet up, clipped a bush and my mavic went down, not hard, nothing physical broken. But I notice a behavior that i didnt think was there before. When i push forward it barely moves forward, when i push the stick to go backwards it responds immediatly and comes back, pushing forward does not tilt the craft up like i felt it did before. It does eventually but seems like almost never right when i push it.
When i go to sport mode it performs normally.
The plot thickens and this is my question. The behavior i describe above seems to occur only when i am within 3 feet of the home point. If i push the stick forward and am not in that area it performs normally. Is that something i just didnt notice before?

I think its part of the collision avoidance but i just never noticed it that hard before. I turned off all collision avoidance and it does not do that. I also confirmed that it is only near the home point. No way i would have missed that behavior although i did change some settings yesterday. Wish i could turn that off as I like to take off and go.

I'm sure you've done this, but be sure nothing is physically on your front sensors (bark debris, etc.) and that there is no misalignment of the sensors. Maybe test the sensors by flying the mavic slowly towards you and verifying that it stops?

fly to a safe altitude and switch sports mode, that turns off all sensors and will give you a feel if indeed there is something wrong with your Mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J