DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RAW images not working since update v.0800

Hi all, just got a new Mavic Pro, having the black preview issue on my 2016 MBP running Sierra (10.12). Downgrading the Mavic to firmware .0550 fixes the issue. DJI support has been unhelpful so far, suggesting I send my Mavic in to them. Any way to find out if this is a known bug they're working on? I just want them to fix this in a future firmware update. No way I'm sending the quad in to them for something that obviously can be fixed via a software patch.

Downgraded and the re-upgraded as suggested by someone and it didn't work.

Upgraded to latest firmware and updated the app and it still doesn't work.

I will downgrade to what you suggest and see if it works. This is a really annoying bug. No reason to send in your Mavic when it's a widespread issue. It's obviously not the aircraft.

Is there any resolution to this? The DNGs I just shot are not usable in Photoshop or Lightroom (latest versions and latest firmware) -- on Macbook pro

Is there any resolution to this? The DNGs I just shot are not usable in Photoshop or Lightroom (latest versions and latest firmware) -- on Macbook pro
That's strange. My DNG files work fine in photoshop and lightroom. I'm running CS5 and Lightroom 4. My DNGs only have issues in finder and preview.

Here's the response from DJI on the Finder/Preview bug. Sounds like they are working on it for the next firmware, while suggesting that it could also be a hardware issue.
"We have informed the development team and they are working on the issue the came up with the firmware bug fixes will be sent on the new firmware , we just don't have the time frame for it. For the repair (referencing my question as to why they wanted to RMA my Mavic) since there was a firmware update we there are some cases as well that the issue it with the internal of the unit."

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
That's strange. My DNG files work fine in photoshop and lightroom. I'm running CS5 and Lightroom 4. My DNGs only have issues in finder and preview.

That's super old version of Adobe software. It's not opening with latest :(

Thank you :)

It is more strange here...
Dng files taken during flight are all corrupted, same as u have, but when I take a test photo while the mavic is on ground it works normally!!!!

Hi guys,
I usually shoot video in 4k 25fps and still images in RAW format.
I've always been able to transfer them to my Mac (2017 5k iMac, if it matters), open them in preview if i wanted a quick look or open them in Fotor Photo Editor which i normally use to do my editing.
All this has gone pear shaped since i did the update to the latest firmware.
I took the Mavic out yesterday and got some great pics and video, got them home all excited to have a play with the images, put the SD card in my mac and all the files were there as usual (sweet!), dragged them to my desktop as i do, went to have a quick look at an image using preview and it was just a black 16:9 size box. Thats it! :-(
The thumbnail on my desktop even shows the image that SHOULD be there but when i try to open it, its just a black box.
The same thing happened when i tried to open it using the Fotor app.
I did a test and took a few stills using JPEG format and they work perfectly. I checked my video footage as well and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just the RAW images that don't work.
I've tried everything, resetting camera settings, refreshing firmware and nothing is working.
Has anyone had a experience similar to this or knows what might fix it?
It's really starting to do my head in!

Sorry for the novel length post guys but i appreciate you reading it. Kinda desperate over here!

Cheers,
Mark

Dude I have and had the same issue exactly! I just got my "replacement" back today after sending the last TWO back!!
Have you figured it out at all?? HELP!!

Noel

Last edited:
Hi guys,
I usually shoot video in 4k 25fps and still images in RAW format.
I've always been able to transfer them to my Mac (2017 5k iMac, if it matters), open them in preview if i wanted a quick look or open them in Fotor Photo Editor which i normally use to do my editing.
All this has gone pear shaped since i did the update to the latest firmware.
I took the Mavic out yesterday and got some great pics and video, got them home all excited to have a play with the images, put the SD card in my mac and all the files were there as usual (sweet!), dragged them to my desktop as i do, went to have a quick look at an image using preview and it was just a black 16:9 size box. Thats it! :-(
The thumbnail on my desktop even shows the image that SHOULD be there but when i try to open it, its just a black box.
The same thing happened when i tried to open it using the Fotor app.
I did a test and took a few stills using JPEG format and they work perfectly. I checked my video footage as well and there's nothing wrong with it. It's just the RAW images that don't work.
I've tried everything, resetting camera settings, refreshing firmware and nothing is working.
Has anyone had a experience similar to this or knows what might fix it?
It's really starting to do my head in!

Sorry for the novel length post guys but i appreciate you reading it. Kinda desperate over here!

Cheers,
Mark
I'm experiencing the exact same issue.

Reactions: Noel
I have the same issue, also from the asp, I can't see the preview.
And not only images also video... and that's happen during a flight, after many "fine" shots.

Reverting to an old version of the RAW camera bundle fixed my preview issues (7.02). Of course, when I updated my OS recently it reinstalled the newer version so I'm back to black previews for the moment. I'm hoping DJI can fix this in the next firmware, or that Apple will fix it in the next RAW camera update

Reverting to an old version of the RAW camera bundle fixed my preview issues (7.02). Of course, when I updated my OS recently it reinstalled the newer version so I'm back to black previews for the moment. I'm hoping DJI can fix this in the next firmware, or that Apple will fix it in the next RAW camera update

How did you go about reverting to an older version of the Digital Camera RAW Compatibility?

How did you go about reverting to an older version of the Digital Camera RAW Compatibility?
See this thread
From Ex Machina in that thread: "As for opening DNG in Photos, Preview, and having them work properly in Finder previews and Quick Look, yeah, I retrieved the previous version of both RawCamera.bundle
and RawCameraSupport.bundle from a Time Machine backup, turned off SIP, and replaced the newer versions in /System/Library/CoreServices and restarted. Don't forget to turn back on SIP afterwards, and good luck!"
MacOS Sierra 10.12.5 vs. DNG? [WORKAROUND]

Couldn't find the 7.02 version of the RAW camera bundle anywhere - Does anyone have it ? Dropbox maybe ?

I only have the issue of not being able to view previews on MAC Sierra latest, also cannot open the DNG's in DxO Optics 11

No problem opening them in Photoshop CC 2017 or Lightroom CC 2015.10.1

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cjd54