DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Ready to buy Mavic------------but!

I use my s7 Samsung, with the occasional app crash (maybe 1 crash every 2-3 battery). Not enough to warrant moving over to ios system for...give it a try on your current setup, fly in a relatively safe area (not over a cliff !) And remember 9.9/10 if your app freezes or crashes, the RC remains fully connected so no need to panic.

I use my iPad Pro that is wifi only with no issues; of course I do tether with my iPhone 6s so gps, barometer etc not an issue

I'm Not the OP but have the same questions. After reading for an hour this morning, I honestly don't know what device to use for the FPV.

What does the ios show on the screen than the Android does not? I can afford to buy ipad Mini but I just don't want to get into having to haul/carry a ton of "things" just to fly.

(Since I've always "Hacked" almost everything I bought an Amazon Fire at Christmas when they were $30ish. When I saw what Amazon had done, I Rooted it so I've already loaded the newest Dji app on it and it's working.) One of my Reasons for not using the Phantom 2 I have it is because it's big, it draws attention I don't want. I built mine and added a GoPro since I wanted the Best (IMO) Video or pictures.

Total newbie here ready to take the plunge and buy the Mavic -- but --- I really want to sort out the tablet part prior to diving in to the deep end of the pool. I have been reading on this forum how Apple based pads are a good thing and Android pads are a hit or miss Ruh Roh!. That is a major bummer for me as I am a dedicated Droid guy and really do not plan on going over to the other side. I may have a deal on a Nexus 7 (2013) but have seen several posts with negative comments on going this route ---UGH!!

In essence iOS is a simpler proposition for the DJI GO App. The OS scope is narrow and most people keep their iOS version up to date. The hardware range is narrow (esp. v. Android).

Android code has to have tons of exceptions in it for Android versions and hardware versions that are endless. That makes for complexity which is never a good thing in a system.

Some Android users seem to get along fine. If you already have a high end Android phone, try it with that - it might work fine and you can avoid joining us in the Apple semi-walled garden (iOS).

It would be nice if DJI would recommend h/w and Android versions that are "best" for DJI GO.

Last edited:
Reactions: WEOTN

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sevimli