DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

REALLY REALLY UNHAPPY!!

I ordered on and couldnt get my credit card to authorize the purchase (fraud protection) so I cancelled my order. reordered and saqme problem, but this time I got an email from my CC company asking if I charged the amount I had charged, and as soon as I checked YES the order went through. This took about 3 weeks to do and then the wait was on for the unit to arrive. I wasn't at my home base (full time RVer) and I am in Texas so I had to get them to send it to me here. Arrived in two weeks after all that. It just takes time man. Hang in there. You will love the machine when it comes.
By the way, when I got the drone it already had the newest updates installed. Put the battery in, turned everything on and in the air no problem.

So are you getting a refund? I am in the same situation, I ordered on the 22nd.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
I had the same issue with Osmo stuff I ordered. It took a month and three chats for them to tell me it was out of stock. I cancelled and received my money back to the PayPal account the next day. Bought it from Amazon and received it in two days. Shipping on my Mavic also took a month of Sundays, then it was defective and took another month to have it replaced. Best to buy from other vendors.

I ordered my Mavic on the 25th January and it was delivered on the 31st January. I really did not expect it to be delivered for a few weeks. Not had time to set it up. Hoping to get to it in the next week.

Different values. We see a statement as a commitment (and promise) and some cultures see a statement as an idea..... Believe me, I choked over this my first year in CN because I could not come to grips with it.

Yes your talking within their own internal cultural dealings. When dealing with foreign companies the Chinese companies know that a delivery date of Feb 10th is not a rough estimate, it is an actual expected delivery date. If they treated overseas companies the way they do their own people most companies would not be able to do business with them. Could you imagine a whole US or Japanese production plant being held up because a Chinese part producer was off by 3 weeks in their delivery schedule.

DJI is a special case, they do not fit the mold of any company I have ever dealt with. Even regular consumers who order stuff direct from China via eBay can tell you that in 99% of the cases they do deliver within the date range they specify.

What DJI does that is typical of Chinese companies is to avoid giving you any real information as to why there is a delay. They always act like it's none of your business until the hammer falls and the they realize that they have to provide an answer. IOW they do not get ahead of the problem like American company, they just seemed baffled as to why people are complaining.

Reactions: PropPilot
Be thankful you didn't order at release time. I ordered the week it came out, Sept, and received mine in mid-Dec (of course the week after my winter Caribbean vacation). And I was one of the first to get mine (and was charged when I placed my order). Patience is needed with DJI. You could always cancel and buy a Karma. I'm sure there will be plenty of them in stock. :0)

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Hi Randall, I was in that early adopter batch with you. As I stated elsewhere, I pined for my toy however upon first power up on December 19th all was forgiven as I got way more than I paid for in value (design, function, quality etc)

Worth the wait no matter how long it is. What I don't understand are people that are cancelling due to the wait. We waited (as stated by another, 46 years) so it is not like we are waiting for a replacement part to get the furnace back in service.

Its worth the wait. If you are anything like me, if you buy anything else, your bio CPU cycles will constantly go back to what you originally WANTED and you will end up with one. I learned my lesson. Buy the best I can afford and never look back.

Yes your talking within their own internal cultural dealings. When dealing with foreign companies the Chinese companies know that a delivery date of Feb 10th is not a rough estimate, it is an actual expected delivery date. If they treated overseas companies the way they do their own people most companies would not be able to do business with them. Could you imagine a whole US or Japanese production plant being held up because a Chinese part producer was off by 3 weeks in their delivery schedule.

DJI is a special case, they do not fit the mold of any company I have ever dealt with. Even regular consumers who order stuff direct from China via eBay can tell you that in 99% of the cases they do deliver within the date range they specify.

What DJI does that is typical of Chinese companies is to avoid giving you any real information as to why there is a delay. They always act like it's none of your business until the hammer falls and the they realize that they have to provide an answer. IOW they do not get ahead of the problem like American company, they just seemed baffled as to why people are complaining.

When it is all said and done, the will have burned far less calories apologizing and mollifying and we will all end up happy with our toys. It is painful but quite effective. They have the best game in town, undeniable price/value point and the units are shipping. Customer service on the back end (where it DOES matter) seems to be okay. I can imagine the owner lying on the bed in his office (he has one) counting his millions and thinking 'eff emm' they will continue to buy !!!! And he's right !!!!! I would NEVER run my organization like that in a million years but then again, we have to fight for market share and customers. If DJI had a real/tight competitor, their attitude would chance in a heartbeat. Arrogance only works when you are clear number one and it has a memory....

I ordered on and couldnt get my credit card to authorize the purchase (fraud protection) so I cancelled my order. reordered and saqme problem, but this time I got an email from my CC company asking if I charged the amount I had charged, and as soon as I checked YES the order went through. This took about 3 weeks to do and then the wait was on for the unit to arrive. I wasn't at my home base (full time RVer) and I am in Texas so I had to get them to send it to me here. Arrived in two weeks after all that. It just takes time man. Hang in there. You will love the machine when it comes.
By the way, when I got the drone it already had the newest updates installed. Put the battery in, turned everything on and in the air no problem.

My CC company instantly denies any big online purchases that are electronics and I get a fraud text immediately. I respond with a Y that I authorized the purchase, do it again and it is accepted. Same happened when I ordered my second Mavvie a week ago and it cleared and showed as complete on DJI.com within minutes.

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob
Bob I'm Brian I have a extra unopened mavic if you would like to buy it. I got it for a spare. It's not the fly more package but at least you would have a mavic. If you're interested PM me. if not, I get to keep my extra drone

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

I ordered 2 directly from DJI and I have both so I don't know what their holdup is unless you got the fly more combo which always takes longer to get

Sent from my XT1585 using MavicPilots mobile app

I am told that MAVIC is being bought out by KARMA and that they are intentionally shrinking supply in order to drive up demand.

With much regret, I have just told DJI (chat; that I fully expect is a robot) where they can fly or shove the Mavic Pro Fly More combo, and Refresh package, that I purchased on the 20th January.

I purchased and paid, with payment authorised in less than an hour, on the 20th January. At that time the DJI website boasted of "shipping in 5-7 days" !!!

20 days later, and on three occasions, DJI reps on the chat service promised my shipment was allocated for 3rd February. So, all day I've been earnestly checking the status of my order, and nothing changed, it just sat there as "authorised"

The minute I got home from work, I went straight onto DJI chat, which connected immediately, instead of the usual 20 minute wait, only to be told that they couldn't ship my order because "it is out of stock". The DJI site is still displaying 7-10 day shipping for the Fly More combo!!

I HATE BEING LIED TO, so they can fly their drones where the sun doesn't shine AND post the video as far as I'm concerned.

I'd still love to have one, but at the moment I am just too annoyed to give them a penny of my money.

Bob
Agreed - I paid (my UK distributor - who assures me they paid DJI) in October and am one of hundreds to have not yet received it. If one didnt know better, one would suspect a scam of some sort - taking massive prepayments and not supplying goods - and not , as is pointed out, giving clear indication of either reason for the delay or true shipping date and status (several dates have been given but none adhered to). There seem to be a few lucky buyers who received theirs, some within days of paying... unless these are DJI stooges ?!! Makes one wonder.... It is rare to have to pay so much for something , be told it'll be supplied in 2 weeks...then be still waiting, 5 months on. Yes I could cancel but 'would lose my place in the preorder queue'. Sort of blackmail!!! hugely frustrating. DJI seem not to care about their reputation here.

I ordered on 11 January in Belgium and got it the 27th. Happy with that.
Karma buying Mavic. What is that... :eek:

I am told that MAVIC is being bought out by KARMA and that they are intentionally shrinking supply in order to drive up demand.
Hi Who told you that... seems unlikely.... huge expense and especially when all KARMAs are recalled and unflyable? Also why would DJI sell all stock to a rival... lots of questions about that suggestion..... :-S

Reactions: Native Hawk eye

It would be David eating Goliath. Ask the Google about DJI and what the company has grown into. GoPro on the other hand is in atrophy. I cannot imagine there is truth in it unless the founder/owner who (if you read up on him) seems to be having WAY too much fun watching his empire grow ! One of his visions is to have a Chinese company be THE premier brand in an industry (UAVs obviously).

For fun I just checked out GoPro's Canada website and it shows the Karma as 'coming soon'.

You would think they would have obliterated any sign of it on the market.

Except.....I just went on eBay and searched for the Karma and someone is selling a 'PRE RELEASE" stating it has just been re-released...... NOW it gets interesting !!!

I'm in North Carolina. I ordered my fly more combo on 1/20 from Best Buy and picked it up from the store on 1/30. Something to be said for ordering from retailer as opposed to direct. Not sure why, but it was pretty fast. BTW, love this freaking thing!!! As everyone has said, WORTH THE WAIT!

Sent from my SM-T580 using MavicPilots mobile app

Bob
did you order the package with the fpv goggles? I cancelled that order and got the one without the goggles much sooner

I ordered my combo the day after you. After a 10 days, they said sorry-- going to ship in March or I could cancel. As I'm traveling from Turkey to USA to pick it up by Feb 26th, could they instead ship it to my Turkish address. Next day, my mavic was shipped from Torrence, CA to my USA address!

How do you know this? Are you an importer of Chinese manufactured goods? I am, and I can tell you, delivery dates are estimates that are broken all the time. Poor planning, unexpected factory shutdowns, equipment malfunctions, national holidays...there are lots of reasons that manufacturers fall behind. I don't see their behavior as much different than my manufacturing partners in China.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
frostseb