DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Regrets about your Mavic Pro purchase?.. Poll

Do you regret spending your hard earned cash for this machine ?

• No way buddy, i'd happily spend my money on this again if i had to..

Votes: 96 95.0%
  • Yes!!!... What the heck was i thinking..

Votes: 5 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ever since i saw a utube ad for the mavic pro last week., iv been saving my cash like it's goin out of style.. hopefully another week or 2 at the most, i'll get to join the club properly

You won't regret it. It's my first drone, and I own more than one hobby grade RC car that each can exceed 50mph, and this drone is 10X more fun than either of those. I went to State Farm and put a $60 a year policy to cover the equipment 100% and no deductible. The only hang up I have is the android version of their DJI Go 4 app, I use a more stable older version for my tablet and my phone the most recent, I deal with an app crash bug once per flight if using the phone (LG V20) but no issues with my tablet. I believe the apple crowd has no issues whatsoever.

Its very easy to fly, controls are intuitive, and it is super stable, even in 20mph winds. My maiden flight was in high winds gusting 20-25mph and I was really impressed with it. Once you tweak all your camera settings and controller settings (yaw, roll etc) and begin to learn how to shoot video smoothly, and later grade it somewhat in a photoshop type program, it can yield some pretty nice video footage. I'm still a noob at this hobby and a noob to manual camera and video settings (I'm a point and shoot auto mode man normally) but look at my second bridge video I did, graded, and added audio track in Adobe Photoshop. The Mavic performed flawlessly for me and I wasn't the least bit nervous flying it over the largest river in the US.

Reactions: robbiew
I do regret buying my Mavic Pro. Not that it's not awesome, because it is. I bought it for the wrong reasons. I have a relative who is a professional photographer, and he bought a Phantom 4. I was watching him fly and it looked like fun so I purchased the Mavic. I just find I spent too much money for what I really wanted, a toy. Not the drones fault, obviously.

In that case the Spark could be the wiser choice for $500 vs $1000 I suppose for someone on the fence over the cost. I like the speed, battery life and transmitter range on the Mavic.

Zero regrets buying the Mavvie. Big regrets that I live in Canada where it is a pain in the **** to find a place to fly it now.....

Last edited by a moderator:
You won't regret it. It's my first drone, and I own more than one hobby grade RC car that each can exceed 50mph, and this drone is 10X more fun than either of those. I went to State Farm and put a $60 a year policy to cover the equipment 100% and no deductible. The only hang up I have is the android version of their DJI Go 4 app, I use a more stable older version for my tablet and my phone the most recent, I deal with an app crash bug once per flight if using the phone (LG V20) but no issues with my tablet. I believe the apple crowd has no issues whatsoever.

Its very easy to fly, controls are intuitive, and it is super stable, even in 20mph winds. My maiden flight was in high winds gusting 20-25mph and I was really impressed with it. Once you tweak all your camera settings and controller settings (yaw, roll etc) and begin to learn how to shoot video smoothly, and later grade it somewhat in a photoshop type program, it can yield some pretty nice video footage. I'm still a noob at this hobby and a noob to manual camera and video settings (I'm a point and shoot auto mode man normally) but look at my second bridge video I did, graded, and added audio track in Adobe Photoshop. The Mavic performed flawlessly for me and I wasn't the least bit nervous flying it over the largest river in the US.
Wow. That video is effing awesome!! I'm going to be ordering the Mavic this week and it will be my first drone. Glad to see you are a rookie and made this. Beautiful!!

Reactions: cderoche
Wow. That video is effing awesome!! I'm going to be ordering the Mavic this week and it will be my first drone. Glad to see you are a rookie and made this. Beautiful!!

Thanks! I only have 42 flights, about 10 miles total. Everything I know has been learned either here, or online sources like Youtube, etc. Take the best bits of what everyone has to offer. Believe it or not, the video editing was done on a budget basement 10 year old Dell Studio Desktop PC I've kept alive and upgraded the OS many times, now running Windows 10. When I click render on a 4K video from the Mavic, I have to wait until the next morning before it finishes! lol - I need to upgrade!

stunning video mate..

Reactions: cderoche
stunning video mate..

Thank you! That bridge is somewhat close to home, I live in a rural area, so not much to video. Can't wait to bring the Mavic with me to the beach this summer, and possibly to the mountains this winter. I recently added the Android app called AirMap to my collection, it has the feature that lets you text message (or email, not sure which since I haven't used it yet) notify the nearby airports you are operating your drone within the 5 mile radius of the airport(s). I also use Hover and Flightradar24. All very useful for drone pilots.

Does anyone know of a free panoramic app for Android that works like Hangar360? I know Litchi has that feature, but that one costs $25.

Wow 95% positive votes, great to see majority or people still happy with their purchase.. thanks for voting and again, sorry if i was stepping on anyones toes when i started the poll.. safe flying everyone..

Great story, got any video footage online we can take a look at?
I'll post my video of the powerline flip on YouTube, and come back with the title. I don't think there is anything that could get me in trouble. It's quite a dramatic video, and DJI should really get it in their collection because it's a superb demonstration of the robustness of the bird. The recovery was mere feet off the road, and the Gimble snaps back to stability straight and level, and it was slowly climbing back up, when the live video feed returned. 20 seconds of horror! I'll put under "Phanton P3P Dramatic Powerline Recovery". Yes, I was very fortunate, and I was new enough not to be appropriately paranoid enough about power lines. This fixed that!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard