DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

removing height limitation

My concern would be radio link. Landing however far away you would be and let’s say 1000 feet higher than takeoff point, line of sight to ac may not be adequate. May not be fun trudging up some mountain trying to find your ac that can’t communicate with your rc.

I don't understand your point here.
The RC signal is not going to be any different at that height to if you had the height restriction removed and flew up the mountain.
I thought this post was about removing height limitation.

I was more concerned about a lose of signal after landing. If that’s hard to understand, so be it. Your are more than welcome to test this and let everyone know how it works out.
Me personally, I would not want to take that chance. I agree that in theory, it should work.

Hi,
After reading all post, I have a question :
Do have someone a version of the DJI Assistant2 v1.1.2 that can share with me ?
Also the older firmware of my Mavic is 1.4.100. How can I go to a preview firmware version ?
Thanks for your help.

Hi,
After reading all post, I have a question :
Do have someone a version of the DJI Assistant2 v1.1.2 that can share with me ?
Also the older firmware of my Mavic is 1.4.100. How can I go to a preview firmware version ?
Thanks for your help.

Chech out digdat0 youtube channel

Does this solution work?
It modifies som DJI Assistant parameters.

Does this solution work?
It modifies som DJI Assistant parameters.
if u have a newer mav or mav platininum, u need to open her up and install a sd card inside, this method does in fact work, if u follow the instructions u should be ok, i did this and took my time and all was well.

if u have a newer mav or mav platininum, u need to open her up and install a sd card inside, this method does in fact work, if u follow the instructions u should be ok, i did this and took my time and all was well.
OK, thank you.

What method works better or is easier?
Are all methods dangerous? (brick your drone)
I guess I'll need to repeat it every time I upgrade the firmware.

I recall a message which seemed to ask me if I understood and accept liability for increasing the height limit. I had started and stayed at 150 metres for a long time until I had more confidence and started moving up to 400 metres, and had to agree to the warning message. Then I reached 500 metres and that's it. No message but no more increase allowed.

Why would anyone want to fly over 400ft. The mavic is too hard to see. Not to mention it's also against FAA rules. Quit posting these questions, it only draws attention that we don't want.
UNLESS SOMEONE IS FLYING OVER THE OCEAN, AN ALTITUDE LIMIT OF 400 FT MAKES THE DRONES RANGE VERY SHORT IN AREAS WITH TREES AND HOUSES. YOU CAN'T EVEN FLY MORE THAN A MILE. RANGE BOOSTING AMPLIFICATION IS THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE IT, OR INCREASE YOUR ALTITUDE. The thing is, if you are three miles away at a high altitude, just to get a signal, you can't lower your altitude to avoid a manned aircraft. You will lose your signal. FCC rules make flying in areas with trees or houses very difficult. "manned aircraft approaching, 'oh no what am i gonna do'", lower your altitude. 'I can't lower my altitude, I will lose my signal and my drone.' Go higher then, 'I can't, there is an altitude limit." Avoid the plane. 'I can't, my drone is too slow.". Screw it then. Just sit there and hope nothing happens.

UNLESS SOMEONE IS FLYING OVER THE OCEAN, AN ALTITUDE LIMIT OF 400 FT MAKES THE DRONES RANGE VERY SHORT IN AREAS WITH TREES AND HOUSES. YOU CAN'T EVEN FLY MORE THAN A MILE. RANGE BOOSTING AMPLIFICATION IS THE ONLY WAY TO SOLVE IT, OR INCREASE YOUR ALTITUDE. The thing is, if you are three miles away at a high altitude, just to get a signal, you can't lower your altitude to avoid a manned aircraft. You will lose your signal. FCC rules make flying in areas with trees or houses very difficult. "manned aircraft approaching, 'oh no what am i gonna do'", lower your altitude. 'I can't lower my altitude, I will lose my signal and my drone.' Go higher then, 'I can't, there is an altitude limit." Avoid the plane. 'I can't, my drone is too slow.". Screw it then. Just sit there and hope nothing happens.

Keep in mind, you just replied to a threat that is about 2 years old. Different times, probably different laws.

I've google this and all the solutions seem to point to using an older version of the dji assistant app (1.1.2) and i think maybe an older version of the firmware as well. Is there any way to go above 400 ft using the latest mavic firmware and assistant 1.1.6? If i need to use 1.1.2 just to remove the height restriction I'll install a copy of the older one. But i don't want to mess around with the mavic's firmware.

Yes, there is a way to exceed 1640' without hacking firmware. But it takes too long to bring your drone down to legal height if a manned a/c flies into the area. For this reason, I won't divulge how to do it.

Keep in mind, you just replied to a threat that is about 2 years old. Different times, probably different laws.
Maybe we can get this one going again. Or is their a newer thread that I am missing. I'm sure no one saw my statements, but this 2 yr old thread comes up every time I look for discussions about altitude or range limits. It is great news though, that DJI has given their new Mavic 2 firmware a range boost. I think they said 1.2 watt increase. It helps in areas with dense woodlands and homes. I upgraded my firmware on one of my mavic 2s, (i have 3 for redundancy). The increased range is quite impressive without any mods.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucian