DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Repair service confusion

dennyc39

Reactions
I had to return my new Mavic Pro for exchange, since it did not work when removed from the box. The vision system would not calibrate, and eventually it would not connect to DJI GO or DJI assistant. A few sessions with chat support concluded that the new drone should be replaced.

They responded today via email very promptly, the same day they received it. However, it was a very strange response. Instead of a notification of shipment of a new drone, it was a repair invoice for $341.00.

I suspect a gross error someplace. This should have been a very straightforward replacement, as had been agreed to by support chat. The drone was as new and undamaged as it is possible to be; --- 3 days after purchase, unflown, undamaged, and without a mark on it. It had been powered up a couple of times in calibration attempts, but the motors were never turned on. Nor had it been dropped or mishandled.

The repair invoice included parts like left/right vision modules, all four motor arms, two propellers and the battery. I can think of no explanation, other than extreme shipping damage of the kind that would be obvious on the outside of the original packaging.

I anxiously await their response to my puzzled inquiry.

I had to return my new Mavic Pro for exchange, since it did not work when removed from the box. The vision system would not calibrate, and eventually it would not connect to DJI GO or DJI assistant. A few sessions with chat support concluded that the new drone should be replaced.

They responded today via email very promptly, the same day they received it. However, it was a very strange response. Instead of a notification of shipment of a new drone, it was a repair invoice for $341.00.

I suspect a gross error someplace. This should have been a very straightforward replacement, as had been agreed to by support chat. The drone was as new and undamaged as it is possible to be; --- 3 days after purchase, unflown, undamaged, and without a mark on it. It had been powered up a couple of times in calibration attempts, but the motors were never turned on. Nor had it been dropped or mishandled.

The repair invoice included parts like left/right vision modules, all four motor arms, two propellers and the battery. I can think of no explanation, other than extreme shipping damage of the kind that would be obvious on the outside of the original packaging.

If you continue to have issues, you may want to try a "DJI" monitored site like: DJI FORUM

If you continue to have issues, you may want to try a "DJI" monitored site like: DJI FORUM
Yep, I agree. I had the same issue with a broken antenna on my RC. Instead of charging me as quoted to replace the antenna, they initially charged me for a new controller. I posted on the DJI Mavic forum and one of the DJI folks monitoring that site responded and got it straightened out.

(On a side note, I wish that the Titan Drones whip antenna mod had been available. I would certainly have considered that route.)

That's DJI SOP......Money 1st, then if you decide to cough it up they'll figure your issue later.....much much later.

As this unit was faulty out of the box I would not accept a refurb unit back so watch out for that when they send you a drone back.

I'm in touch with DJI. They seem pretty easy to get hold of. Issue is escalated, and I hope to see it resolved Monday. No explanation yet for repair quote, but perhaps they intended on sending a refurb, which is not appropriate in this case. I don't doubt the quality of their refurb work, but as exchange for a brand-new drone, I expect a new drone.

The hits just keep coming. no need for them to change. they are making a killing. you received a non functioning drone and sent it back for replacement. they now want 341 for your 1000 dollar investment. great scam they got going. sorry for your problem. this is why i'm hesitant to send mine back for its issues. man this is getting crazier and crazier.

I'm in touch with DJI. [...] I expect a new drone.

Best of luck mate, but make sure not to expect too much as DJI is prompt at pointing to there replacement policy.
If you are not familiar with DJI after sale service policy, look here for horror stories:
After-sale service - DJI SERVICE forum

For info, refurb can be identified with a R at the 10th position on the serial.

Please keep us posted.

Reactions: 3VP
Chatted with DJI on Friday, no conclusion. Chat person would arrange for "someone else" to hear from me. However, Friday night I received a shipping notice for the refurbished drone. Looks as though it went out the door as we were chatting.

All told, they were very fast and very responsive, but a refurb is not what I wanted. I don't doubt the quality of their work, but the remaining parts had time on them, an unknown amount of service life was used up, and the whole thing had obviously been through a bad experience. They are selling refurbs for 799, so by their own valuation, they are replacing my new / defective / unused drone with one that is worth some $200 less. Not good business. Chatted with them at length today to try to work out a way to undo this, even though the refurb is now on its way.

What we worked out is for me to return the refurb drone when received, still in its box, to the retailer (Costco), as it is still within their return period. Should then be able to get a new one from them, or even a credit that I can apply to new purchase. This seems to me a bit cumbersome, but it is something I can do, and breaks no ones' rules. I believe I will come out whole, and it is worth it to me to put aside the struggle.

Chat people were not hard to get hold of, but it all took a few cups of coffee. Not something I could have done if I was in a hurry.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kquach229