DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return Home Speed

scott492010

Reactions
Site
www.youtube.com
I recently boogered up my Air2s and bought a new one to use while i repaired my old one. I have noticed that my new Air2s returns home faster. When lowering altitude it drops at approx. 3.5mph while my old Air2s drops altitude at approx. 2.2mph while in return home mode. Is there a way to control these automated speeds? why would the new one be faster than the old one? Any suggestions on this subject would be welcome.

338728511_171377419167741_9193561164485077911_n.png

Are the gain and expo settings the same between them? That would be the first thing I'd check.

If you are using different controllers I'd guess they are not the same.

I think you have your answer then....
I dispute that.

Gain and expo are solely attributes of stick response. While certainly not impossible, I'm highly skeptical these settings affect RTH at all.

I dispute that.

Gain and expo are solely attributes of stick response. While certainly not impossible, I'm highly skeptical these settings affect RTH at all.

Maybe I mis-read the request - it sounded to me like he was using the sticks, but after re-reading, I do see it says "in return home mode".

It would be interesting to see if those settings do affect the RTH mode.

Maybe I mis-read the request - it sounded to me like he was using the sticks, but after re-reading, I do see it says "in return home mode".

It would be interesting to see if those settings do affect the RTH mode.
I have since returned my expo settings back to what they were originally which is identical to my older drone.... now my new drone is moving even faster when in "return home mode".... last night i returned home and it reached 13mph. Once again my old drone drops altitude at a steady 2.2 mph when in "return home mode". Its not a huge deal but i am wondering if i can make my old drone move faster as well. it sure would be a lot nicer to land quicker.

this video is two seperate landings with my new Air 2s:

Are you aware you can increase RTH speed by holding the pitch stich forward?

The max speed varies by model, but it's something around 40-50% faster.

Confused. Do you want a faster descent rate (meters or feet/sec) or a faster return speed (mph).
In your second video I suspect the drone is unsure about the landing because of the landing area has a lack of contrast--all black truck bed cover. My suggestion is a high contrast landing pad to make the drone can identify the spot, not the entire bed cover and even the truck cab is black.

Confused. Do you want a faster descent rate (meters or feet/sec) or a faster return speed (mph).
In your second video I suspect the drone is unsure about the landing because of the landing area has a lack of contrast--all black truck bed cover. My suggestion is a high contrast landing pad to make the drone can identify the spot, not the entire bed cover and even the truck cab is black.
faster descent rate

faster descent rate
Push the throttle down.

Like the pitch stich increasing forward speed during RTH, this will increase the descent rate during that phase of RTH without canceling the automated function.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CorvusWorks