DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH didn't worked and Mavic is lost

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
Let's take the layman approach here. I'm no genius.

You had it set at 300 meters? Flying at 1200' and when you lost connection your RTH function made it climb to the sky, and it landed on a roof somewhere or it came down in a blaze of glory, and [emoji91]

"careless or reckless manner"

Amazing how many people ignore this [emoji854]
And I'm talking specifically about the people commenting on the altitude. Nothing else. And I specified. Amazing how many people can't read. Rather, disappointing.

Reactions: Rbruz
It says "and higher if within 400' of a structure" not 400' higher than the structure
"You can fly during daylight or in twilight (30 minutes before official sunrise to 30 minutes after official sunset, local time) with appropriate anti-collision lighting. Minimum weather visibility is three miles from your control station. The maximum allowable altitude is 400 feet above the ground, and higher if your drone remains within 400 feet of a structure. The maximum speed is 100 mph (87 knots)."
Unquote.
I am not sure but this does not mean you can fly 400 feet above the highest structure in the area. Only within the area of the said structure and then not 400 feet above that structure,

Hello Cesar,
I too live in Mexico City and flew around that area one week before your flight.
View attachment 11575
My flight path and my take of point were a bit different. I was standing on Reforma but I will say a 150m-200m west of your location. That day the Mavic lost GPS lock and the app asked me to turn on location on the phone. That never occurred to me in my two years flying. Fortunately the bird was on sight and under control, so I could fly it home safely. When that happened though, I wasn't flying near the towers, I was more west bound, returning from El Castillo. I reviewed yesterday my flight logs and the GPS was solid when I flew near the towers.
Sorry for your loss.

I'm sorry too, you had a good luck when that happened to you. Thank you for your comment!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2