DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab A - 8"

Tab S2 T713 has same resolution, however you have to switch off and do a restart to connect to the RC. The S2 T710 from what I have read works perfectly, without having to restart the tablet.

Yup. The T710 and T713 have identical screens. And it's fantastic. The main difference between the two: the newer T713 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon chip while the T710 uses Samsung Exynos chip. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or if it's some other hardware change that is causing problems, but for whatever reason, the T710 works great with DJI apps while the T713 is much more finicky.

I used to own the Tab S2 (T713) but sold it because it was "useless" to me. I've mostly used iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Mini 4 with my Mavic, but 2 weeks ago, I bought the Tab S2 (T710) off ebay for $148 and have been using that now. I MUCH prefer the Tab S2 to either the iPhone 6S Plus or the iPad Mini 4.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T710) is what I recommend that you use. And buy from ebay. If you're patient, you can probably snag a used one for around $150. Mine was tablet only with no cables or box. Since it uses a standard microusb cable, it was not a big deal. I have over a dozen extra cables just in my home office.

Yup. The T710 and T713 have identical screens. And it's fantastic. The main difference between the two: the newer T713 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon chip while the T710 uses Samsung Exynos chip. I don't know if that has anything to do with it or if it's some other hardware change that is causing problems, but for whatever reason, the T710 works great with DJI apps while the T713 is much more finicky.

I used to own the Tab S2 (T713) but sold it because it was "useless" to me. I've mostly used iPhone 6S Plus and iPad Mini 4 with my Mavic, but 2 weeks ago, I bought the Tab S2 (T710) off ebay for $148 and have been using that now. I MUCH prefer the Tab S2 to either the iPhone 6S Plus or the iPad Mini 4.

Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 (T710) is what I recommend that you use. And buy from ebay. If you're patient, you can probably snag a used one for around $150. Mine was tablet only with no cables or box. Since it uses a standard microusb cable, it was not a big deal. I have over a dozen extra cables just in my home office.
My tab s2 works flawless for my mavic and spark.

Go to settings > about....then scroll down to build and tap there 6 times I believe, maybe a bit more. This will open up developer options. From there scroll down and enable usb debugging.

I also had the quick flashing message at first on my Tab A but after restarting the tablet with everything powered on and connected, it worked properly. I use my Tab A in airplane mode without issues if first:
1) Start with Tab A powered off
2) Power on the controller and Mavic
3) Connect tablet with cable
4) Power on tablet and enter pin if necessary

The DJI Go4 app starts up and after a few seconds recognizes the Mavic. There is sometimes a short delay in video signal but that soon goes away. I also got a Skyreat tablet holder and it works great. Folds almost flat and fits in the Mavic fly more combo bag with everything else.
s-l500.jpg

Reactions: JerryNice
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AVI Drones