DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tab

Cali-Mavic

Reactions
When I hook my tablet up to my controller everything seems to be working fine but once I accelerate and go to take off the screen gets pixelated what is causing that
b9f2fbc5113bdc2d64cb9f2f95b342d0.jpg
dfd1184c6de78c1871aca612d29e8090.jpg

Reactions: RAMJET-1
Seems like a lot of Samsung tabs have issues running the go app. I know the Tab A 7" has problems, you'll see a lot of threads in the Phantom forums of people having trouble with their flavor of Samsung Tablets. Pretty much the safest way to go is return the Tablet if you can and buy an apple Ipad mini 4.

This Tab "A 7" used to work quite ok with the DJI Go 3 app.
DJI GO 4 needs more power. And it's the app recommended by the manufacturer
If you want to be on the safe side, use one of the devices listed by DJI.
(It's quite incredible that from the hundreds of available android devices, only a few are supported by DJI...)

I can confirm the issues with the Galaxy Tab A 7in (same specs as the Tab 4 but Android 5.1). Even with all other apps closed and video caching off in Go4 settings, the tab's video feed freezes and the app shows random error warnings like 'lost connection', 'magnetic interference', 'compass error' etc.none of which occur using a different device.

My mavic works fine with the Samsung galaxy S6 but when I hook it up to the Samsung galaxy tab 4 I get a message that flashes very fast and says something about using this usb as the default device. It flashes too fast to say yes. Any ideas?

When I hook my tablet up to my controller everything seems to be working fine but once I accelerate and go to take off the screen gets pixelated what is causing that
I have that tablet and used it for a while. The same thing happened to me with the DJI Go app 4. Previously, I was using the DJI go and it was ok. I concluded that the tablet is not powerful enough to run the latest version of the app.

This is the thread were I wrote about that issue
Live HD signal loss using Go 4 App, using older Go app live is fine.

My mavic works fine with the Samsung galaxy S6 but when I hook it up to the Samsung galaxy tab 4 I get a message that flashes very fast and says something about using this usb as the default device. It flashes too fast to say yes. Any ideas?
Here you have a long thread talking about that issue. It seems a problem with Samsung devices. I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab s2 and I have the same problem. In that thread you have a workaround where you have to reboot the device.

Galaxy Tab S2

Read you post and thought I would respond.
I use a Samsung Tab A6 (2016) Android 5.1.1. In the app settings I have USB Developer Option (USB Debugging) enabled. I also disable cache local video and disable audio>(latest app). Until yesterday I was using GO3 app. ver 3.1.3 with MP firmware .400 and the only problem I every experienced was some video lag on a few occasions. Anyhow after reading a lot of feedback about the firmware .700 released on 5-9-17 in the forums yesterday (some positive and some negative) I decided I would give it a shot so I updated to MP firmware .700 and GO4 app. ver 4.0.7. I made 5 test flights with no issues. Fixed wing mode on the last test flight and was stable. Video downlink was stable on all test flights longest distance was 11,634ft. The only other apps I have downloaded on the Tablet is Storm, iPOLiS, and Screenshot. Before I fly I always make sure no other apps are running. Wi-Fi is active, location and Bluetooth is not active. The area I usually fly is in the country so there is very little chance of any Wi-Fi interference.

I have looked on dji's web site and can not find the MP firmware .700. Do you have the specific web address for this firmware?

Slowly getting with the program here. Found more instructions on downloading firmware on www.heliguy.com and downloaded the firmware with my rc connected to the phone and the drone turned on. But his instructions seem to say that the process has to be repeated with the phone connected to the drone directly (USB cable ?) and then each battery needs to have the firmware downloaded to it. The implication is that if I want to also use a tablet instead of the phone, I have to download the firmware to the tablet. Boy is my service provider going to love me and all this data consumption!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JReynolds078