DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Note8 not recognize Go4 app

touwslager

Reactions
My Note8 (Android 9) with DJI Go4 does not recognize the Mavic Air.
I have treid all tips I see in several forums but nothing works.
What does work is restarting the Note 8 every time I want to use the Go4 app.
Very annoying.
In WiFi mode the app is recognized so I think it has something to do with the USB connection.
Any idea what goes wrong?

My Note8 (Android 9) with DJI Go4 does not recognize the Mavic Air.
I have treid all tips I see in several forums but nothing works.
What does work is restarting the Note 8 every time I want to use the Go4 app.
Very annoying.
In WiFi mode the app is recognized so I think it has something to do with the USB connection.
Any idea what goes wrong?
Try going developers options by tapping on the build number 7 times and then turn on USB debugging.

I had a similar problem with Tab E. It seems Samsung has something in there to verify the legitimacy of the USB connection and the way the remote uses the USB is unusual. Somehow rebooting the phone/tab gives enough time for the app to grab the USB connection before "security" intercepts. Putting tab in developer mode made no difference.

Even with an established connection, app performance was horrible. I mostly used it with my P3A. When I got the M2, I bought a refurbished Tab A from B&H and have little difficulty. Only the box it came in looked refurbished. The Tab looked new.

I had a similar problem with Tab E. It seems Samsung has something in there to verify the legitimacy of the USB connection and the way the remote uses the USB is unusual. Somehow rebooting the phone/tab gives enough time for the app to grab the USB connection before "security" intercepts. Putting tab in developer mode made no difference.

Even with an established connection, app performance was horrible. I mostly used it with my P3A. When I got the M2, I bought a refurbished Tab A from B&H and have little difficulty. Only the box it came in looked refurbished. The Tab looked new.

At the DJI forum, people say they are not experiencing a problem with the Note8.
So it's probably not a Samsung issue.

there is something about the Samsung Notes that gets in the way of syncing with some devices, not just the DJI controllers

I used a note 8 extensively with no problems. My guess is an app interfering, I would try first to close all apps before starting. Dump and reload the go4 app. If still no luck, do a factory reset on your note, then reload dji and try it, then other apps one at a time to see if you can find the culprit.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I also have used my Note 8 with my Mavic Air for over a year with no issues. Additionally I've used a Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e recently and that connects just fine as well. I echo the advice to maybe try a factory reset on your phone to see if that fixes any software glitches.

The problem is solved!
The app "Intra", which must prevent DNS manipulation, is the culprit. If it is switched on, I will not get a connection with the RC and with the app switched off, no problem.
The app can indicate which apps should be excluded and that also works perfectly.
Everyone who has responded; thank you for your contribution and I hope that the above is also a solution for others.

Reactions: WI...Tom
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ErieSkyPixel