DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sensor calibration

Finally got it!....after several attempts on my Macbook, PC with 27 in monitor, iMac 27" I tried a different cable, and I also tried one last time on my Macbook in a different position, and it went through. The room was dim, and the brightness at 100%. The resolution was set to the default for my 15" Macbook Pro. Was finally able to fly after going through 3 complete batteries trying to do this. Also, I was very careful when I was following the boxes around. I did not move the drone around, paid extra care to pivot from the same location.
Thank you all so much for all of the info, I was ready to submit an RMA to DJI for this. Got to go, go some sun today and going to fly my Mavic!

Reactions: motard
Thanks a lot! I managed to calibrate my drone now.

The main reason why it wasn't working was that Windows 10 did not allow the proper installation of the Vision 3 certificate due to it not being able to authenticate the author signature on Device Manager.

For those looking for this kind of fix, simply go straight to the Settings - > Update & Security -> Recovery -> (Under Advanced Startup) Restart Now. The settings number 7 is the one that allows us to disable the authentication process, in order to bypass Windows 10 blocking the installation of the driver, thus allowing your MP to properly be recognized on your PC/Laptop.

I didn't have to go to update driver, the simple restart with settings 7 was enough to get me through the steps! (If not working, go check your device manager to make sure no exclamation marks remain)

Safe Flyings!

Thanks for the Help. I could Not have done it without the great people on here.
Cheers.

Glad to have this community back in the air, although motard found the root of the problem, I've only refined it haha. I really hope I have no more obstacles as I'm taking my MP to Japan and Vietnam in 2 weeks, for a 4 weeks trip!

Glad to have this community back in the air, although motard found the root of the problem, I've only refined it haha. I really hope I have no more obstacles as I'm taking my MP to Japan and Vietnam in 2 weeks, for a 4 weeks trip!
Mine is coming to Spain/Portugal with me in July, I hope to master all the 'modes" and autonomous flight stuff by then... ;-)

Mine is coming to Spain/Portugal with me in July, I hope to master all the 'modes" and autonomous flight stuff by then... ;-)
I live in Portugal, great places we have to shot and film. [emoji2]

Thanks a lot! I managed to calibrate my drone now.

The main reason why it wasn't working was that Windows 10 did not allow the proper installation of the Vision 3 certificate due to it not being able to authenticate the author signature on Device Manager.

For those looking for this kind of fix, simply go straight to the Settings - > Update & Security -> Recovery -> (Under Advanced Startup) Restart Now. The settings number 7 is the one that allows us to disable the authentication process, in order to bypass Windows 10 blocking the installation of the driver, thus allowing your MP to properly be recognized on your PC/Laptop.

I didn't have to go to update driver, the simple restart with settings 7 was enough to get me through the steps! (If not working, go check your device manager to make sure no exclamation marks remain)

Safe Flyings!

Thank you, it worked perfectly for me after trying out all other possibilities.

Here I will explain how to get it all to work on windows 10. PLEASE READ DESCRIPTION FIRST ON THE VIDEO!

Thank you Motard and Yragorn. Nice fix! Just disabled the authentication process, and the Vision 3 certificate cleared.
Was then able to Calibrate the Sensors without issue; and following everyone else's suggest of disabling multiple monitors.
Was able to Calibrate front and down Sensors within minutes.

Thanks a bunch guys. Thanks for all the legwork for the fix. You guys rock. Updated to .0500 with no issues. Ready to fly when weather breaks.
One more thanks to Motard and Yragorn. Was on a trip and had the same issue. Driver fix had me back flying - saved the trip!

This was Awesome! Worked Perfectly. Was scratching my head for hours trying to recalibrate the vision sensors. Tried to set everything to default, refresh the firmware and so many other things with No luck.
This was a Simple Fix...

Go to the Phantom 4 (yes, Phantom 4) download site and download DJI Assistant 1.0.9. It's still there. Dumb down the current DJI Assistant on the Mavic site and that may fix your issues. Mine was no dots showing up on the calibration screen. This fixed the problem. That and 1600x900 resolution.

Reactions: Anthonyk
Yes, and many others. I have the latest dji assist 2. All sensors clean, and that button who says calibrate to click, appears to me in grey, I can' t click it, and to reboot the aircraft, what I did, plenty of times.Here's the problem.

I had same prob last week. Deleted DJI Assistant 2 and installed again. Same prob so installed again but this time paused my virus protection as I thought it may have stopped a driver being installed. This turned out to be correct and can now do calibrations.

I had the same problem "Frame alignment error" using iMac.

Problem solved by:
System Preferences
Security & Privacy
Privacy
Accessibility
Add the Assistant App to apps allowed to control the computer.

Good luck!

Anyone run into the "Frame Alignment Error" on a Mac using Assistant 2?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 7.24.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-25 at 7.24.41 AM.png
    83.6 KB · Views: 12
OMG!!! I have been flying for six months without the front sensors, flew slowly into my garage 2 days after I got my Mav and it drifted into a ladder 1 foot off the ground, after that I started getting the front vision sensor cal required, I tried and tried to get it done but nothing, dreading sending my Mav in to DJI. followed these steps redownloaded assistant and it worked like a charm, all calibrated and all flight modes work, I have never been able to use any of the intelligent flight modes till now....six months later Woot I'm excited. Thank you so much for the info!!!

Thank you Motard and Yragorn. Nice fix! Just disabled the authentication process, and the Vision 3 certificate cleared.
Was then able to Calibrate the Sensors without issue; and following everyone else's suggest of disabling multiple monitors.
Was able to Calibrate front and down Sensors within minutes.

Thanks a bunch guys. Thanks for all the legwork for the fix. You guys rock. Updated to .0500 with no issues. Ready to fly when weather breaks.
Awesome post, been looking for this for 6 months

I have an iMac and it only goes through the tutorial and I never see the actual option to start calibration. I have tried everything to get rid of the red warning to calibrate vision sensors and it seems to warn me of an inaccurate precision landing, etc. Am I missing something???

Adding my thoughts here as well. I had problems with calibration on my mac and then it occurred to me that maybe it was because of my display settings. I brought my resolution down to it's lowest settings and even with the frame rate error it worked liked a charm.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78