DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

setting home point without a phone?

inGearX

Reactions
your home point is the most important thing to do / check before take off ...

it has saved me a number of times ... crashed app ... lost signal ... lost orientation ... critically low battery initiated return to home...

BUT if taking off without a phone ...

how can we ensure that a new Return Home Point was set?

I know there is a distance counter on a remote from point of take off - but not sure if that is the same as return home point

thank you...

your home point is the most important thing to do / check before take off ...

it has saved me a number of times ... crashed app ... lost signal ... lost orientation ... critically low battery initiated return to home...

BUT if taking off without a phone ...

how can we ensure that a new Return Home Point was set?

I know there is a distance counter on a remote from point of take off - but not sure if that is the same as return home point

thank you...

If you are in GPS mode on the controller, then the home point has been set. The distance counter on the controller is the distance from home. It will start at 0 and increment up as you fly away, and count down as you fly back toward launch point.

Reactions: Lake_Flyer
I would not fly without a phone, except in unusual circumstances. That said, one way ot verify your home point would be to fly out about 30 meters or so, and click RTH to verify that it returns correctly, before starting the main flight. If it goes off in the wrong direction, click RTH again to abort, fly it back, land, and try again.

It's perfectly safe to fly without a phone. A serie of quick green flashes tells you the homepoint is written in memory. Without phone, at least you have no desire to fly Beyond VLOS, and you learn to fly as you should. I would recommend to make a couple of flights without phone every now and then.

Reactions: ge0kas
I mostly fly with my ipad mini4 wifi only and often take off from under tree cover. I usually just fly out a nearby spot that is more suitable if i need to RTH, swipe left on the screen then set new home point to the aircrafts current position. Thay said I almost never use RTH in the first place and on the few occasions I have I've never actually let it land. Just cancel and bring it in manual because I just prefer to fly it myself and can land manually a lot quicker.

Reactions: Cut.Aussie
This is good to know information.

I had a lost signal/low battery rth initiated last night only it tried to land on my roof (launched from the deck) Knowing how to update rth point will save me in the future

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31