DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shared the sky with a bald eagle yesterday

Aaron

Reactions
So I had my first outdoor flight yesterday being it's winter in Milwaukee Wisconsin. Set everything up on my controller homepoint, return to home altitude, had a couple of short flights to check the return home function, it worked flawlessly within a couple of inches so I took her out for a little run and after about 5 minutes of flying around in the park I noticed a bald eagle circling over a tree line near by. I thought this would be pretty cool to get a video so I hit the record button on the remote controller had it up about a hundred and twenty feet and within two to three hundred feet of where the bald eagle was circling. I didn't want to get too close as I didn't want to get attacked. I thought this was extremely cool as I've lived in Milwaukee for over 40 years and have never seen a bald eagle in the area. After I got home I checked the video footage on my phone and the phone is so small I can't see the bald eagle. I tried removing SD card from the mavic and putting it into my tablet but I can't seem to retrieve the video, I also tried the same thing on my laptop again can't retrieve the video although on my laptop I don't have any DJI go apps downloaded, I also tried connecting mavic directly to laptop with USB cable with mavic powered on ,still no video. My question is can I retrieve video from my SD card or is it only what I have recorded into my phone.
Lastly I just like to say this is one amazing piece of equipment it worked flawlessly, so those of you who are still waiting don't cancel your order just be patient and wait because when you get it you're going to be happy happy happy[emoji1] [emoji1] [emoji1]

Reactions: timiniafrica
Does the format you recorded in match your viewing device. MOV for apple products and MP4 for everything else. And did u format the card after setting your format.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: SuperDave
Some drones wreck the video if you turn off the drone before stopping the video recording. Once wrecked, no future video will work either. I had this problem on a Phantom 3.

I don't know if the Mavic does this or not. You could try putting your SD card into a computer and run DISKCHK or similar to see if the file pointers need repair. Or format the card in the Mavic to start over cleanly.

Thanks for the info I'll have to look into that I am using Android device and Mavic I think is set up for apple or iOS so that might have been my problem

The sd card should just have a folder with video files in it. Do you see .mp4 or .mov files? You don't need an app on your computer to get the files. Also where in Milwaukee? I'm 45 minutes from downtown.

Thanks for the info I'll have to look into that I am using Android device and Mavic I think is set up for apple or iOS so that might have been my problem
No that's not it. Android works fine. Assuming you hit record it put the .mov or .mp4 right onto the sd card in the mavic.

Reactions: Andrew F
Did you remember to stop the video before you shut down? If not, restart it, and it should repair itself. I usually turn it on, and then hit the record button for a few and take a short clip just because. Then stop recording, shut down and put the sd card into your tablet or pc.

Reactions: Andrew F
Thank you for everybody's replies, first off I'd like to say I had not changed my Mavic to record in MP4 so I think this is the problem why I couldn't retrieve my video, as I just got home I have not checked yet.
I flew in Brown Deer Park just a few minutes away from Milwaukee River a little Northwest of downtown Milwaukee today ,
tried sport mode for the first time today compared to my P3S this thing's pretty fast.
I still need to check to see if viedo can be downloaed from the sd card ,but will try it soon and let you know

Yep still can't get video off my SD card on my tablet or laptop. Changed mavic to record in MP4 as am using an Android device and then format the memory card tried some video today look great on my phone but cannot get it off of the SD card.

Galaxy Tab a 8 inch as well as newer laptop . I put the SD card in my tablet it says it's mounted and then I checked my files and I don't seem to see it anywhere?

Reactions: LParfitt
1st thing I would do is try another sd card, just try filming on the table.

I can get pictures to load but no video files I tried recording in different formats and it doesn't seem to make a difference all the pictures always come through okay on the SD card it does show a video icon and if you push on it to play the video it just says it cannot play video or something to that effect? Pictures are cool but video would be nice.

I can get pictures to load but no video files I tried recording in different formats and it doesn't seem to make a difference all the pictures always come through okay on the SD card it does show a video icon and if you push on it to play the video it just says it cannot play video or something to that effect? Pictures are cool but video would be nice.
You probably already use VLC - VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework! sometimes media player won't play mp4's. 1st I would try vlc and then I would load the movie file into your editor and try to convert it. See if it will load into your editor. Power Director, Adobe, Premier, or whatever

You probably already use VLC - VideoLAN - Official page for VLC media player, the Open Source video framework! sometimes media player won't play mp4's. 1st I would try vlc and then I would load the movie file into your editor and try to convert it. See if it will load into your editor. Power Director, Adobe, Premier, or whatever
Thank you Reed, I downloaded that VLC player ,videos now seem to work correctly, thank you very much for your help.
I was about ready to give up and give it to one of my friends eight-year-old kid's which could probably figure that out in about 3 minutes lol.

Some drones wreck the video if you turn off the drone before stopping the video recording. Once wrecked, no future video will work either. I had this problem on a Phantom 3.

I don't know if the Mavic does this or not. You could try putting your SD card into a computer and run DISKCHK or similar to see if the file pointers need repair. Or format the card in the Mavic to start over cleanly.

I accidentally turned off the Mavic once while it was filming a video. It shut off the video for me before turning off the drone. The video was intact when I looked for it later. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

I accidentally turned off the Mavic once while it was filming a video. It shut off the video for me before turning off the drone. The video was intact when I looked for it later. Very nice!

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots
Yes, unlike the Phantom series the Mavic will stop and close any recording before powering down. On my P3 it was necessary to power up the Phantom again to get the video to finalize and close if you forgot to stop it before powering down (which I did a few times)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky