DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Skins for Mavic.

Colors That Attract Birds - And How to Use Them!

Best Colors to Attract Birds
Different birds are attracted to different colors. Individual bird species may see the “best” colors as indicating a food source. Other birds may be more attracted to the colors of their own plumage as those could indicate a potential mate or another bird that is surviving well.

Most bright colors, however, can be used to attract birds, with certain bird species being more attracted to particular shades.

• Red and Pink: Hummingbirds
  • Orange: Orioles, hummingbirds
  • Yellow: Goldfinches, warblers, hummingbirds
  • Blue: Bluebirds, jays

Visual Devices
Another visual option to scare birds away is iridescent bird deterrent foil. You simply cut off strips and attach them to fence posts, trees or rooftops to scare the birds away. As the strips blow in the wind, they catch sunlight, producing constantly changing colors and patterns. And the tape itself produces a metallic rattle, unnerving birds with the sound too.

Thanks again !

Anybody doing just the nose and front legs?... I just want a bright color (yellow or orange) on the front for orientation... like this but a bit more classy and a little more coverage than my yellow duct tape :rolleyes::p

I'd rather not purchase a whole set for only the nose and front legs...

what is that? is that tape or paint? but why just the front? looks kinda funky like that.. haha sorry

I noticed also that DecalGirl doest not cover the legs and the bottom of the main body (behind and around the gimbal). Also it doesnt also grap around the front LEDs , it just cuts when reaching the motors, sadly I noticed it after I order it. By just order a DroneWrap let see how it goes.

I went to dronewrap skins but its like in Chinese or something when i googled Dronewrap skins. you have the website?

I noticed also that DecalGirl doest not cover the legs and the bottom of the main body (behind and around the gimbal). Also it doesnt also grap around the front LEDs , it just cuts when reaching the motors, sadly I noticed it after I order it. By just order a DroneWrap let see how it goes.

Let us know what skins you like best, when your arrives. Also if you remove the old skin does it leave a residue? or does come off easy

I tried iCarbons, DecaGirl and DroneWrap skins.
DroneWrap is BY FAR the best one.
iCarbon second.
DecaGirl is pretty messy when you remove it.

Sent from my iPhone using MavicPilots

Not sure how you succeeded in making it messy to remove a Decalgirl skin as I removed mine on Monday and it came off without even the smallest hint of any residue??

I suppose if you're happy with a plain skin and not have the ability to design your own and pay nearly double what you'll pay at Decalgirl, go for it!

Reactions: Crypticvapor
Ouch It lokos that some areas are not covered, the ones around the gimbal from below :(

Well i felt that having tha controler coverd was more of a thing for me, so i used the decalgirl, and i liked the Bright neon color. I have the Copper metal dronewrap to, but as it had no controler and was a bit dark, i took the lime one on.

Does anyone know what color hawks dont like? or birds are scared of? because i want a skin that they wont come near... or if there is such a thing? thanks

Would they attack an ostrich? :D

Seriously though. I've read somewhere that hawks don't like reflective things. Someone actually used CDs to prevent hawks from attacking their farm animals. Not sure if that helped or not.

Would they attack an ostrich? :D

Seriously though. I've read somewhere that hawks don't like reflective things. Someone actually used CDs to prevent hawks from attacking their farm animals. Not sure if that helped or not.

Airports have tried to work on this problem for a long time now without much success. Unfortunately birds are highly territorial and they adapt easily. Most visual repellents tend to wear off after they've seen it once or twice.

Yes, just cheapo yellow duct tape. I want the front brighter than the back for LOS orientation... The Mavic looks pretty cool, even with funky colors I think hard to make a good looking bird look bad :p:rolleyes:

Actually I think Im going to try the duck tape while I get my skins :) It will be a funny project. Now that I remeber I have red duct ape and automotive tape

It looks like my dronewrap skin is waiting at the local post office. I've got a card in the post telling me I have a £15.45 customs charge to pay before it can be delivered.

Not sure how you succeeded in making it messy to remove a Decalgirl skin as I removed mine on Monday and it came off without even the smallest hint of any residue??

I suppose if you're happy with a plain skin and not have the ability to design your own and pay nearly double what you'll pay at Decalgirl, go for it!

You have the ability to design you own skins?
Really???
And you remove skins without any residues?
Wow.
Can you send me your autograph?
It will make my boring life full of plain skins so happy...

You have the ability to design you own skins?
Really???
And you remove skins without any residues?
Wow.
Can you send me your autograph?
It will make my boring life full of plain skins so happy...

LOOOOL, time of the month is it? Or just feeling a little bit inadequate? :D

There is somebody using large EYES on the front... and I think they cited some evidence to suggest that would deter rapers attacks... also if you are ever subject to one just hit full throttle UP and they will most likely move off... if you are on higher ground they are the "weak" one...

My raptor
ca4544bcd0f128142dcc00f0b1d2fb7a.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_