DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller charging

After failing to regularly charge the SC with the special DJI charger, part of the M2P & SC combo package delivery and even USB turbo chargers (like the Aukey Turbo Charger, USB A Out 5V - 2.1A and USB C Out 5V - 3A, 12V - 3A), now finally, I found a working solution with the UGREEN USB 36W Quick Charger Dual QC 3.0.

Indeed, it's neither understandable nor acceptable that the M2P & SC combo does not come with the suitable charger.

Btw: also missing a carrying case which has space for the M2P with the SC, so that I have a standard carrying case for the M2P with regular controller (although not having that controller) plus a carrying case for the SC...
Yeah, not many cases with space for it, I've just used a standard photography bag, with the movable velcro/sponge dividers and made that suitable for it all.

Will work till found something better

Recommended from the dji forums, I just received a RAVPower 24w charger. It specifies Qualcomm QC3.0 output, outputting 12v at 2a. Right off the bat the SC made the fast charging noise, and the lights started flashing more rapidly. Was hoping to find a power strip 110v and 24w output integrated since I typically run off a generator and use a strip anyway for charging batteries for all day flying. The F-Stop charger I love, but it doesn't have nearly enough USB wattage.

Is in not best to slow charge most of the time? Heat is supposedly what deteriorates a battery? I slow charge mine and after maybe 40 or 50 uses I will fast charge it
or as my wife reminds me I am probably wrong Any Ideas

That depends on the rating of the battery. If you compare to the demand on the battery for flying, quick charge is a trickle.

I might agree with you though about rapid charge on smartphones. Those do get quite warm on rapid charge.

For those of you with a Smart Controller and looking for an official 24watt DJI Charging brick:

Reactions: ff22
This forum never fails me; I just started having this issue with the DJI charger and the SC. Lucky I found this thread.

I ended up getting this charger which I think someone recommended the previous version. Odd thing is, if the SC is powered up with this charger connected, I get the "slower charger connected" message. If I do the same with the SC off, it charges rapidly. So I take the SC is supposed to be off while charging(?). Not sure but as long as it's working I don't care.

What's annoying is the quality of the DJI charger. It was working and still is fine charging the MP batteries but now I have yet another item to pack in the bag (and not forget).

Thanks, all.

Reactions: scoble08
(PT-AC1UQC3
As indicated farther above, I found a compact model (PT-AC1UQC3) manufactured by Platinum thank works quite well. I bought it at Best Buy and it works flawlessly even though rated at 12v @ 1.5Amps, it fast charges without issue.

It makes use of Qualcomm "Quick Charge 3.0" functionality to provide a fast refuel for compatible device batteries.

View attachment 75498

Platinum - Quick Charge Wall Charger - Black
or
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-quick-charge-wall-charger-black/5713026.p?skuId=5713026

The Blue Halo glows brighter when the 12VDC charging is invoked. These are found in the Smartphone charger/accessories section of the store. If you show them the link and part number, the associate can locate in the store for you. ~$25ea.

Maybe take your controller and USB to USB-C cable to Best Buy and ask the sales person if you can test functionality before you buy.
hello , will this fast charge the DJI smart controller? Tnx

It will! Love mine! Fully charge 4 M2P batteries and a controller in about 90 minute, has battery discharge function, has a 50% charge (storage) function. Like the digital readout info also.
Works in home or in car... car should be running of course.
View attachment 120295
I can't see this working from a car outlet with 4 batteries. A typical outlet can about handle 1, maybe 2 batteries as the M2 batteries draw over 6A each from the outlet and outlets are typically rated 10A/120w, maybe 15A/180w.

hello , will this fast charge the DJI smart controller? Tnx
Yes. This is exactly what I purchased and used until I got lucky and found the DJI USB model on eBay. The one from BestBuy worked fine. I simply desired the DJI one just because.

Hey Guys, , Im thinking about getting a SC ... can someone confirm if it comes with a WALL CHARGER ? DJI says it doesnt come with one and BH photo and other places says it comes with a 24W wall charger .. Thanks guys.

Hey Guys, , Im thinking about getting a SC ... can someone confirm if it comes with a WALL CHARGER ? DJI says it doesnt come with one and BH photo and other places says it comes with a 24W wall charger .. Thanks guys.
Mine came with the appropriate wall charger.

Reactions: Thomas B
Mine too.... a while back though. ?cost cutting? Recommend contacting DJI.
Contact the retailer where you are going to buy it and get written confirmation it includes the charger....the you will have a fall back plan if it does not end up including the appropriate wall charger.

Reactions: Thomas B
Just checked dji.com and store.dji.com.
Specs only show the USB charging voltage and current it can accept, but not anything specific about the charger itself if it came with one.
Funny that it says 12v@2a USB, but not charging protocol it responds to in order to negotiate 12v

In The Box in the store shows SC, USB C 3.0 cable, spare controller sticks.

So it seems it does not come with a charger.

I couldn't find this anywhere....but has anyone mentioned the speed at which the LED charger lights blink while charging? Yesterday 2 were blinking slowly for about 2 hours using the dedicated cable and wall adapter. Knowing that was weird, I disconnected it, let it sit for a few moments, then reconnected it. This time the lights were flashing very fast and about a minute later the 3rd LED came on, all 3 blinking significantly faster than before.

Anyone care to shed some light?
Thanks!

I couldn't find this anywhere....but has anyone mentioned the speed at which the LED charger lights blink while charging? Yesterday 2 were blinking slowly for about 2 hours using the dedicated cable and wall adapter. Knowing that was weird, I disconnected it, let it sit for a few moments, then reconnected it. This time the lights were flashing very fast and about a minute later the 3rd LED came on, all 3 blinking significantly faster than before.

Anyone care to shed some light?
Thanks!
As I recall, my SC begins flasing the LED corresponding to the state of the current charge in the SC. Then as it charges, the sequencing of the LED array progresses as the battery charge crosses the next threshold.

Never had a situation where I had to plug it in again to get it charging normally.

From a 0-25% SC charge remaining, it takes 1-1 1/2 hours to completely charge.

As indicated farther above, I found a compact model (PT-AC1UQC3) manufactured by Platinum thank works quite well. I bought it at Best Buy and it works flawlessly even though rated at 12v @ 1.5Amps, it fast charges without issue.

It makes use of Qualcomm "Quick Charge 3.0" functionality to provide a fast refuel for compatible device batteries.

View attachment 75498

Platinum - Quick Charge Wall Charger - Black
or
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/platinum-quick-charge-wall-charger-black/5713026.p?skuId=5713026

The Blue Halo glows brighter when the 12VDC charging is invoked. These are found in the Smartphone charger/accessories section of the store. If you show them the link and part number, the associate can locate in the store for you. ~$25ea.

Maybe take your controller and USB to USB-C cable to Best Buy and ask the sales person if you can test functionality before you buy.
The link I shared is for the actual charger the OP was asking about. Same model number

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xa_