DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

So how many batteries do you have for your Mav?

I have 3 but once I visit the States I'm going to pick another one up at Best Buy

I did have two the stock one and an extra when I first ordered the drone. Then this weekend while packing to go the island I could only find one. My wife said it was already in the truck but she wasn't sure and I really wasn't sure. So I called best buy and sure enough they have them in stock now. So I bought another plus the $14 1/2 concave range extenders (that don't sit very good on antennas btw. Unloaded the truck and found the missing battery...now i have three. :D

What about ya'll? I like having 3 btw.

A total of 4.

Attachments

• IMG_7254.JPG
    IMG_7254.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 38
I did have two the stock one and an extra when I first ordered the drone. Then this weekend while packing to go the island I could only find one. My wife said it was already in the truck but she wasn't sure and I really wasn't sure. So I called best buy and sure enough they have them in stock now. So I bought another plus the $14 1/2 concave range extenders (that don't sit very good on antennas btw. Unloaded the truck and found the missing battery...now i have three. :D

What about ya'll? I like having 3 btw.

Fly More kit. 3. Wouldn't mind more ... for the Phantom 4 Pro.

4... and honestly I don't think it's enough time.... I get lost in the camera views sometimes and taking great pictures of sunsets and animals takes time to get the right perspective.... I really wish they could extend the up time to 45 minutes to a hour....then 4 would work. But then it would probably take 2 hours to charge...lol

3 seems to be perfect to me - this way I can always be charging the 3rd one while burning the other two and the rotation seems to be just right for never running out

Five. But I'd like to have seven. That would just about coincide with controller and iPhone battery drain times, for a full day's worth of flying without any car charging. Did I mention I LOVE to fly my Mavic? I take it in my car wherever I go, along with my takeoff mat, just in case I happen to see something I want to catch images of. As you all know, you can be in the air in a matter of a couple of minutes. So I like having plenty of power with me at all times ready to go.

I have 3 ....which gives me a solid 60 min of flight time.
Everything fits into the Mavic carry bag and I bought the charger that can charge 3 batters, plus the charger, plus my iPad all at once.

Reactions: Ken Schmidt
Hey I have 1 battery at the moment.

I have ordered 3 more from Drones Direct and if you spend over £200.00. You can get £20.00. Off by signing up to Which Magazine for a month trial for £1.00.
The battery price Inc delivery is £84.00.

Drones Direct is also the only official DJI repair service in the U.K!!

Something to think about

Reactions: Yakim
3. but I think I need 1 more. The only thing is when you travel by plane in the US if your carrying it on board you can only take two.

Wrong, I often tsa with 5 never an issue. Don't fix what's not broken [emoji3]

Rbruz, you are correct. TSA doesn't bother you with your 5 batteries.

Shield2160 you are 1/2 correct & 1/2 incorrect. You are limited to 2 for carry-on...but that is only if the batteries are over 100Wh.

Here is straight from TSA site:

Lithium ion batteries (a.k.a.: rechargeable lithium, lithium polymer, LIPO, secondary lithium). Passengers may carry all consumer-sized lithium ion batteries (up to 100 watt hours per battery). This size covers AA, AAA, cell phone, PDA, camera, camcorder, handheld game, tablet, portable drill, and standard laptop computer batteries. The watt hours (Wh) rating is marked on newer lithium ion batteries and is explained in #3 below. External chargers are also considered to be a battery.

With airline approval, devices can contain larger lithium ion batteries (101-160 watt hours per battery), but spares of this size are limited to two batteries in carry-on baggage only. This size covers the largest aftermarket extended-life laptop batteries and most lithium ion batteries for professional-grade audio/visual equipment.

#3 gives the equation to get Wh. "To determine watt hours (Wh), multiply the volts (V) by the ampere hours (Ah). Example: A 12-volt battery rated to 8 Amp hours is rated at 96 watt hours (12 x 8 = 96). For milliamp hours (mAh), divide by 1000 (to get to Ah) and then multiply by the volts."

So 11.4V x 3.83A (which is from 3830mAh / 1000) = 43.66 Wh. It is clearly marked on the Mavic Pro battery but I was bored and felt like doing the math.

Oh btw, I have 4 but want 1 more. So 1 in the bird and 4 on the charging hub being charged up for the next session either the same day or the next. Always stored at 45-60%.

Last edited:
3 which I find is enough but I may buy a 4th just in case. With three I can fly the last two and the first one is ready to go again from the car charger. Honestly between breaks and relocating between flights I could go all day on 3-4 batteries and the car charger.

Rob

a perfect complement for your Mavic is... take with you 6 batteries to fly 120 precious minutes, 3 memory cards 64gb/98x to store everything you see in your road and a power bank to charge a radio control while you fly the drone

3 so far [emoji23], do the batteries lose power? And if so after how much use?

a perfect complement for your Mavic is... take with you 6 batteries to fly 120 precious minutes, 3 memory cards 64gb/98x to store everything you see in your road and a power bank to charge a radio control while you fly the drone

Great advice thanks buddy

Reactions: Rplanas
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan