DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

(Sorry) Just enthusiastic.

PvG

Reactions
Hi.

Been reading this forum for some months now ,watched many ( I mean really many ) videos, got educated by all of your contributions,tips,do's and don'ts while in the mean time saving each and every penny.

Finally,.... today was the day. Travelled some miles to a store to get the fly more combo, drove home and unpacked and all of a sudden got a little bit scared. All of this technology in such a tiny ( and expensive ) device. While I've read the manual quite some times and felt educated by all of the forum members I'm somehow a little bit nervous. Hopefully the weather here in the Netherlands is good tomorrow to take it out for it's maiden flight. But man,.... so nervous. Checked the props like 10 times, went through the go-app for hours ( soooo many settings )

Think I will have a difficult night getting some sleep, but on the other hand,.... so enthusiastic.

Which me luck.

Kind regards to all of you

Patrick

Reactions: dirkclod
Best of luck... and congrats! Thumbswayup

Welcome and good luck. Start on a location where nothing can go wrong. Learn and start trusting your Mavic. You will expand your limitations.

Welcome to DronePilots newest forum :)

Congratulations on the purchase you will love it. I own 2 of them. So much fun but I do wish the camera was a touch better. Still can't get a super great pic but I also don't edit my stuff.. enjoy it my friend

Welcome to the forum.

This device is stunning.

With ten minutes I was off beginner mode and day two I was over water.

I was sensible, did my research and now, after nearly seventy flights, this thing has been utterly superb.

My first drone by the way, if you discount the ****** 35GBP Syma I bought to practice on that was a complete waste of time and money.

With all the research you have done are you totally confused yet? If not its great to be you. Its kinda like induced childbirth, Its gotta fly sometime and all the prep in the world won't alleviate the butterflys.You'll have a ball. ENJOY!

Ha Patrick,welkom gozer!
I was in the very same spot two weeks ago... Anxious, happy, nervous... Just have fun and be careful; start in the beginner mode in a wide open field. Dont have friends around who might push you to do things you are not comfortable with, and above all: enjoy!
Take care mate!
Joost

Know exactly how you feel. Did the same as you it does get easier take it easy at first and build your confidence

Today was my first day flying and I had the same experience. I will make one recommendation although there may be better advice given that I'm new. I started in beginner mode and just moved around really slowly at first. When I was absolutely convinced that it wasn't going to fall out of the sky I landed and disabled beginner mode. Because I was still a bit uneasy I took off and enabled tripod mode which greatly slows the response time of the drone and made me much more comfortable climbing altitude and just looking around. Best of luck to you. I think once you see how steady this thing is just after take off you'll feel better.

Remember the pause button and the return to home button - these two buttons are so valuable when things get "interesting" and you want a little time to breathe. Fly the simulator until you are confident you can go the direction you want, and keep the drone facing the right way (away from you at first).

Most crashes are takeoff or landing related. Don't hang around near the ground. Keep your Mavic a little higher than you may be comfortable with - 10 meters.

This bird was meant to fly, and from a crash standpoint, it likes being high up. There are fewer things to bump into the higher up you go!

Reactions: cheekymonkeyman
Hi all.

Thanks again. Today was really a super day. Started out really nice and slow and a sickly remained so for all the batteries. ;)

Taking it slow. Lots to learn on this
Amazing machine.

Thanks and very kind regards.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
odofi