DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Spark gesture control on Mavic?

Be2daErtin

Reactions
I saw some cool gesture control during the spark announcement today. Will these be included now for Mavic? Maybe after a firmware upgrade?

I hope so. Before, I played with my Mavic using hand gestures pretending I can move it sideways, forwards and backwards but I actually use the RC. XD

Spark has a 3D modeling camera. Mavic doesn't. The 3D camera can capture more depth and accuracy than the Mavic will be capable of

Reactions: Pancaro77
Spark has a 3D modeling camera. Mavic doesn't. The 3D camera can capture more depth and accuracy than the Mavic will be capable of
With two forward-facing OA cameras, Mavic is capable of 3D modeling as well. It's all software.

Yes, they will implement this; in the new software update we all are not planning to upgrade, due to new activation procedure :D

Yes, they will implement this; in the new software update we all are not planning to upgrade, due to new activation procedure :D
No smiley face necessary. I have no doubt at all that that's the plan. Compelling new features in the new firmware an GO4 app -- like the new Spark cinematic shot gestures.

I think there will be quite a few of us without those features for a long time...

What does the new activation procedure include? Will there not be a requirement to update the app before flight etc?

Since the two drones are not in the same range of each other, and most people wanting a Mavic won't simply buy the Spark just because it is cheaper, I don't see why they couldn't.

What I do see is them saying "hey guys this is available in the new Mavic!". Really the same thing many companies do in order to get you to buy the new product.

Funny that from one side there are users looking for ultimate foot range and from the other users hoping for a gesture feature that can be effective only from very close......

Funny that from one side there are users looking for ultimate foot range and from the other users hoping for a gesture feature that can be effective only from very close......
Well, not really the gestures; I was thinking that maybe Spark will lend us, Mavic owners, the Dronie & Helix flight modes; those I find cool and sometimes difficult to master manually.

If we gonna be restricted to fly far... at least we can captured some epic moments with friends!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Daly_mail