DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still charging after one hour

darjelin

Reactions
Hello all
I didn't find anything about my trouble online, so I hope that one of you could explained my trouble.
I have two batteries, which are around 70% charged, and as I have to take some shoot tomorrow, I decided to fully charged both of them.
But charging does'nt ending, even after more than one hour. I haven't any led error, and when I plug them, they are around 97%, at 4.20/4.21/4.21.
Is it normal than balancing take so much time to complete ?
Thanks for your help.

Hello all
I didn't find anything about my trouble online, so I hope that one of you could explained my trouble.
I have two batteries, which are around 70% charged, and as I have to take some shoot tomorrow, I decided to fully charged both of them.
But charging does'nt ending, even after more than one hour. I haven't any led error, and when I plug them, they are around 97%, at 4.20/4.21/4.21.
Is it normal than balancing take so much time to complete ?
Thanks for your help.
If you have a highly unbalanced cell it can take a while. You may want to keep an eye on that battery. Check the voltages during flight and see if you see one dropping more than another. Check at the end too and see if they are close or not. If they are unbalanced you may have a cell going bad.

Reactions: Turn11
How old are the batteries and how long has it been since the last use?

Thanks for your fast answer. There's just two weeks since the last flight, without any trouble. Last week I hoped to fly and charged them friday evening but unfortunatly it rained saturday. And so I let them autodischarge after 5 days.
Each one has 17 charges, bought at the end of 2017. I made a firmware update just 5 minutes ago (which wasn't in the dji 4 last week, directy with assistant), and one the battery succeed to finish its charge this time.

I updated to the last firmware two times, and the trouble seems to be gone.
Is it a possible bug and the app does'nt update batteries correctly ? (It's the first time than I use Dji Assistant to update my drone, usually I pass by DJI 4 only.)

QUESTION...what charging hub are you using? When I bought my Mavic Pro with the Fly-Mor package, I was sent a Scootree chargerr with 3-battery hub. It was a piece of junk, doing EXACTLY what you describe. Would not charge batteries to 100%- would go to 70%, 73%, etc.. Tried to return it at 30 days, by Scootree seller said "Sorry- no warranty from us because you didn't buy it from us...you bought it from Amazon so we don't warranty"!!

Well, now I use the 3-battery hub on the original DJI charger that came with the drone and no problems!!

Yes I'll try that. What surprise me the most with this trouble, is that the two batteries did the same bug at the same time.
I flyed yesterday, just one batterie, and I'll go today if I can. Next charge will confirm if it was a firmware trouble
Thanks to all to take time to help me.

No hub, I charge one by one
If the problem persists, it could be the charger. In my case, it was not the hub that was defective...it was the charger. My batteries would sit on charge for more than an hour...occasionally overnight...and would not finish charging. When I'd put a battery in the Mavic, battery state would show varying percentages between 70% and 75%. I had a second charger and that charger would charge all batteries to 100%. That's when I learned that it was NOT the hub, but the Scootree charger.

Aaaaah, I didn't understood that :). Just to extend my vocabulary, what "Scootree" means ?
I flighted this morning, and just have to wait a little to go down bellow 50% for each batterie.

And buy another charger if it still have gremlins

"Scootree" was the brand of the battery charger w/ 3-battery hub that was bundled with my Mavic Pro "Flymor" bundle. The hub works fine. The charger was a piece of crap. I just checked Amazon and discovered that the "Scootree" name cannot be found anymore. Probably because the brand name had a crap reputation. Now I see the name "Smatree" and the exact same looking charger.

But this isn't about the brand. I'm encouraging you to consider the possibility that your batteries are OK, that it is possibly your charger- regardless of the brand name.

lol, I'm feeling so stupid (and froggy) :) And I thought than even with a fly more pack they provide an original Dji product.

Don't feel bad...I thought that in the beginning too.o_O

So, you're probably right about a charger issue.
I charged from 18% during 1h45, and still blinkink, so I connected battery to the drone, and it was at 100%, 4.24 on each cell.

Just FYI, I use the DJI 175w charger actually made for the original Phantom series and connect that at to the DJI 4 battery hub. It’s a trick I picked up on this forum. The setup charges 4 batteries in sequence from 10 - 20% to 100% in a total of about 4.5 - 5 hours. Almost twice as fast as the charger that came with my MPP. Doesn’t work for the car charger though.

Thanks for the trick. Just to be sure, it's a "pack" with M1CH-P, PH4C160, and a 180W AC adapter (EU)

Dji.jpg

Thanks for the trick. Just to be sure, it's a "pack" with M1CH-P, PH4C160, and a 180W AC adapter (EU)

View attachment 68463
That’s the one. Be sure the hub is labeled “advanced” as the one in your image. The power cord to the wall is the same as what you have for the original. So you can omit that if you don’t want an extra.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf