DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Still Wonder What Could Have Been with a 1"Sensor

bkushner

Reactions
So many videos are out now comparing the Action 4 with the Pocket 3. As expected with a 1" sensor the Pocket 3 is much better then the Action 4 especially in low light. Action 4 has the same sensor as the Air 3. Wonder what the Air 3 would have looked like with the Pocket 3 Sensor. Only reason I can think that they didn't put 1" was because they were putting 2 cameras. Otherwise makes no sense especially since the Air 2S had a 1" sensor a few years ago. Just some random thoughts.

So many videos are out now comparing the Action 4 with the Pocket 3. As expected with a 1" sensor the Pocket 3 is much better then the Action 4 especially in low light. Action 4 has the same sensor as the Air 3. Wonder what the Air 3 would have looked like with the Pocket 3 Sensor. Only reason I can think that they didn't put 1" was because they were putting 2 cameras. Otherwise makes no sense especially since the Air 2S had a 1" sensor a few years ago. Just some random thoughts.
I am thinking that the camera in the pocket 3 is what is going to be in the next Mini 5 pro model.
Reason being they almost have to go up in sensor size in their next mini drone,or it would be three
releases in a row with the same sensor size,not a good thing.Last week I did see the pocket 3 in action
and did hold it.What was a surprise was how small the camera housing was for something with a 1" sensor.
Impressive piece of technology.As far as the Air 3 ,After seeing how small the pocket 3 camera is,there should
be no reason why they would not be able to have an Air 4 or whatever the next release is called with two 1"
camera sensors.

Reactions: projectarjun
I'm slightly disappointed with the primary sensor on the Air 3. The 3x camera is actually better than the standard one on this drone. The Air 2S 1" sensor still shines

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki