DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Successful Transfer of Care Refresh?

HSK

Reactions
Hi guys,

Has anyone successfully transferred the refresh plan to another mavic.

I've seen this thread:-

DJI care refresh transferable?

I have recently asked DJI support via email(was discussing another issue), who said it is possible. So either the previous policy is outdated, or there's some kind of conflict.

Here is what support said:-
Regarding the DJI Care Refresh. Yes, DJI Care is transferable if it would be the same type of unit. So, if ever it can only be transferred to a Mavic.

Thank you for choosing DJI.
Has anyone successfully transferred it?

I bought my Mavic secondhand with the Care Refresh plan. As far as I could see you wouldn't need to do anything because the plan is associated with the aircraft's serial number. That's also the reason why when you get a replacement the plan has to be updated to associate to the new serial number.

Pretty sure the support guy thinks you're talking of the new unit if yours got failed and got replaced, not a completely unrelated one.

Ah, I thought he meant transferring to a new owner, in this case probably not.

Let me clarify - I plan to return my Mavic to the retailer. I bought refresh care for it, which I hope can go to the new replacement.

I guess if they do contest it, I have the evidence of what the customer support agent said via email. Whether they honour it or not I'm not sure...

Then maybe ask again (you'll likely have a different rep) and make very sure he understands that... but I'd expect it not to work since there's no good reason from their point of view for you to do that. If your unit is defective then you should go through support to have it repaired, if you want to return it then it's your loss (just like everybody else incurs a loss in that process).

Yea I'd rather skip sending it back to them, and wait ages. I should initially receive a fully working, brand new unit since I've paid for it. I can't see how that would work, since there could be any issue, not everyone is going to send it back to DJI if they're within their rights to return to shop if it's faulty.

I've looked back at what I asked the representative, seems pretty clear:-

Me said:
I have an additional question - if I do return my whole package and exchange it for a new drone, can I transfer my existing DJI care refresh to a new drone?

I got my refresh care transfert from a mavic I had to return cause of a fault. And went out and bought a mavic another place ( could not wait for the store to be instock again. ) They asked me for the old mavic s/n proff of return. And the. New mavic s/n easy process. .

Reactions: HSK
I got my refresh care transfert from a mavic I had to return cause of a fault. And went out and bought a mavic another place ( could not wait for the store to be instock again. ) They asked me for the old mavic s/n proff of return. And the. New mavic s/n easy process. .
Thank you for that bit of information

Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone.

Note that DJI doesn't allow their "Care Refresh" to be transferred. You would have to get another new Refresh after making a detailed video of your used drone.
Don't know if you read the original posts, you misunderstood. I returned a faulty drone, for a new one. They had no issue in transferring my care refresh after I showed them proof of the return/exchange.

It wasn't a used drone.

You may have been lucky, as I have called them about this. Their policies may not be set in stone, plus they are now moving to a new location, so perhaps all their employees are not "in sync" yet.
Anyway, glad it worked for you!

Well, I'm in the UK and it wasn't any issue. It makes total sense. Why should you pay again for something if their product is faulty? Ridiculous.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sdober