DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tablet use

I've given up on Android devices, everyone I've tried ends up not working or only works some times.

While Apple makes great stuff, one the issue that keeps be from IOS devices is the inability to change batteries and add storage.

Some Androids makers avoiding expandable memory and replaceable batteries, but I love that I can change my Note 4's battery and fly a bit longer. It is much easier to carry a few MicroSD cards for the Note 4 then it is carry more IOS devices, or a computer do download the video etc.

It is also nice to be able to insert the card from Mavic into the phone or tablet which makes things a little less complex for fast viewing etc.

kevin
Good points about the Androids. I've owned both in my life and must say that has also been my main complaint is storage and battery issues with ipads. Thanks with your time.

Also an Android user with both a Samsung Note 4 and a Galaxy Tab A. Both work great with the Mavic Pro

I didn't have time to wait for a custom made I-Pad holder and the other morning before going out I had this idea and it took me all of about 5 min to make.
Total cost??? had parts on the bench.... probably about 25cents worth of material.

2) 5/16" or 3/8" dowels about 10" long

3/4" self adhesive Velcro
2 pcs about 1.5" long - apply to swing down handles on transmitter (soft side of Velcro)
2 pcs about 3" long - apply to dowell (soft side of Velcro)
Apply other half of Velco as shown in photos. Loop Velcro on back of I-Pad[

Photos should be self explanatory. This will not slip and is a very solid mount

Attachments

• 2017-03-18 17.21.19.jpg
    2017-03-18 17.21.19.jpg
    852.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 2017-03-18 17.20.59-2.jpg
    2017-03-18 17.20.59-2.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 2017-03-18 17.20.50.jpg
    2017-03-18 17.20.50.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 37
Ipad air. Bigger screen so much better than iphone 6. Wrap excess cable length around the middle part of the tablet holder

64g iPad mini4 tethered to iPhone 7...
Litchi
Mavmount

Never a single glitch so far, 30-40 flights in...

Glen,
I been wanting to do this , can you show me how ??? I guess what do you mean by tether ? I would love to do this thanks !

Set up phone to be a hotspot, link to it...now you are tethered....

I use the Samsung Galaxy Tab S2, 9.7 inch. Works exceptionally well with Litchi, and never had a problem with DJI Go 4.
I'm using the same tablet with the mavic and have had nothing but trouble. DJI GO 4 works sometimes and Litchi used to work but no longer does, even the updated 4.01 version. Do you have a secret to your success you're willing to share? Thanks.

I'm using the same tablet with the mavic and have had nothing but trouble. DJI GO 4 works sometimes and Litchi used to work but no longer does, even the updated 4.01 version. Do you have a secret to your success you're willing to share? Thanks.
There are two models of the Tab S2 - T710/810 and the newer T713/813. The T713/813 are known to have issues, mostly depending on the order that you start things up. Check out this thread.

Member @whitesites and a few others have been able to install a custom ROM that appears to stabilize the T813. See post #117 in the above thread.

Reactions: GP-Mavic
There are two models of the Tab S2 - T710/810 and the newer T713/813. The T713/813 are known to have issues, mostly depending on the order that you start things up. Check out this thread.

Member @whitesites and a few others have been able to install a custom ROM that appears to stabilize the T813. See post #117 in the above thread.
Thanks for the info. Don't think I'm up to the task of changing the ROM but fortunately I have a son in law who is. Thanks for the help.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Keith J