DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tactical Ground Station

Thats looks a treat for us 3D mappers! Thanks for the updates! Will be following as my startup company could use something like this to help cut down on the amount of gear necessary to tote to the field.
Why not just plan your flights the night before and not just winging it on the day because you feel backed up?

Very cool.

If you don't mind my asking why would law enforcement want to use the Mavic as opposed to the P4?

Very cool.

If you don't mind my asking why would law enforcement want to use the Mavic as opposed to the P4?

The case to a P4 would be even bigger and heavier IMO. I think the Mavic would have sufficient flight time and range as well.

One thing I would like to see on this ground station in future iterations would be wheels and an extendable handle in case it needs to be schlepped across longer distances or terrain.

The case to a P4 would be even bigger and heavier IMO. I think the Mavic would have sufficient flight time and range as well.

Maybe slightly heavier, but that's the same size case I have for my P3 and it has room to spare.
Dunno, just seems like the wrong bird for the use. P4 is more stable, better camera, more sensors, more durable, better in wind.
The only advantage the Mav has is it's size, and that's negated by this thing.

I think it's very cool don't get me wrong, just seems useless for a Mavic. For a P4 it seems very functional.

Maybe slightly heavier, but that's the same size case I have for my P3 and it has room to spare.
Dunno, just seems like the wrong bird for the use. P4 is more stable, better camera, more sensors, more durable, better in wind.

I think it's very cool don't get me wrong, just seems useless for a Mavic. For a P4 it seems very functional.

The MP is arguably quieter and less noticeable in the sky....

Very cool.

From what I've been told it's a combo of size, the start time to take off is much faster (warmup imu), and cost

This case will not fit your phantom. It's smaller than it appears I think. Believe me we didn't make this in hopes of it would sell because we thought it was cool. We built this at the specific request of several individuals in charge of sUAS programs. It's been several months of back and forth and incorporating as many features requested as we could that would be used for these agencies' needs. Despite what many think the Mavic is and will be used by more and more agencies because it can get in the air fast, it's flight time, and it's cost.

Reactions: rigor
Very cool.

Size (cargo space is limited), flight time, take off time (faster imu warmup), and cost

Bad ***! I dont need this but find myself wanting it now, seriously impressive bit of kit and obviously a lot of thought went into the design.

Thanks for the kind words. A lot of input went into it from a lot of people

So it's a case, a battery charger and a signal booster for $700?

Why not just plan your flights the night before and not just winging it on the day because you feel backed up?

This is where using drones as a hobby and a business parts ways. Surveys don't always go as planned. It's nice to have some backup, especially when under the pressure of private grants ranging in the thousands... in other words no slip ups. I also use an eBee, so having a power station in the field to keep multiple devices running just makes sense.

This is where using drones as a hobby and a business parts ways. Surveys don't always go as planned. It's nice to have some backup, especially when under the pressure of private grants ranging in the thousands... in other words no slip ups. I also use an eBee, so having a power station in the field to keep multiple devices running just makes sense.
Fair comment on having some kind of back up is nessasary in business. Im a proffesional and have been for 30 years in the field of photography. Its proffesional to do a rece and plan for all occurences... the business if it has the money should not think twice of having a second cam. Ie: rece, plan and take two Mavic setups in your pockets. Job done. (Im new to drones but have been able to replicate anything seen so far and more... its a great proffesional tool).

Fair comment on having some kind of back up is nessasary in business. Im a proffesional and have been for 30 years in the field of photography. Its proffesional to do a rece and plan for all occurences... the business if it has the money should not think twice of having a second cam. Ie: rece, plan and take two Mavic setups in your pockets. Job done. (Im new to drones but have been able to replicate anything seen so far and more... its a great proffesional tool).

Considering our workhorse is a $20K drone, this all in one box is a drop in the bucket as far as money is concerned. The mavic is a simple surveying tool to help with keeping a tab on the guys collecting ground truth points via RTK. Check this out, DJI Mavic NDVI Upgrade – Upgrade Only | Sentera its going to be our next purchase for the mavic..hence the major need for this box!

Very cool.

Maybe the sound and how you are not as noticeable .
I have Phantoms and can see them way off as well as hear them .
just a thought .

Teah, you would say that... Your a Mac user arnt you? ... Thought so

I might be wrong but the Mavic Pro is not exactly a "professional" drone. And my Mac has nothing to do with that.
But I know some people have an obsession with military looking stuff, SWAT stickers and big bulky flight cases that shows a very small drone. I guess you have a camouflage skin on your Android too

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EwaKrzyzanowska