DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Tactical Ground Station

I might be wrong but the Mavic Pro is not exactly a "professional" drone. And my Mac has nothing to do with that.
But I know some people have an obsession with military looking stuff, SWAT stickers and big bulky flight cases that shows a very small drone. I guess you have a camouflage skin on your Android too
Still got protective clear stickers on mavic from new. And a boring black wallet case for my Samsung A5.
A toothpick can be an extreemly professional tool in the right hands. Its the way you use its capabilities to its full that puts the Mavics output alongside any 'whatever ridiculouse amount of money people spend on' drone in any market.

Hmmm...

If I was one of "those who use their Mavic for critical operation" (...and that might actually be in the stars for me in the medium term...) I think the funds this requires would be mucher better put to use if accrued towards a second, back-up Mavic.

Just a thought...

MK

So this is $700 for an amplified antenna? I like the idea but that much for a case, a charger and antenna , idk

For field work this case looks pretty nice. 'Portable' is different for various missions. Just returned from a wildfire assignment flying UAS for reconnaissance. Hard cases are a must or the equipment would be destroyed just driving from ICP to the field . Dust, rain, hot ash, smoke - it all takes a toll on the gear. We used UTVs to access the fire ground as there were no real roads. And the cases we built were similar to this one, with TV included.

The Mavic did a great job, I flew almost 30 hours in 5 days with it.

mike-north-saddle-mavic-1.jpg wash-me-mavic-case.jpg vlcsnap-2017-06-08-21h31m06s844.jpg

Last edited:
For field work this case looks pretty nice. 'Portable' is different for various missions. Just returned from a wildfire assignment flying UAS for reconnaissance. Hard cases are a must or the equipment would be destroyed just driving from ICP to the field . Dust, rain, hot ash, smoke - it all takes a toll on the gear. We used UTVs to access the fire ground as there were no real roads. And the cases we built were similar to this one, with TV included.

The Mavic did a great job, I flew almost 30 hours in 5 days with it.

View attachment 14702 View attachment 14703 View attachment 14707

Perfect example. Thanks for the little snippet, it's nice to see the Mavic working in that kind of environment.

94042d378227b90fc8e139a87e476bcb.jpg

We are proud to launch our new Tactical Ground Station for the Mavic Pro. It is an all-in-one protective carrying case, amplified ground station, and rapid charging solution for your Mavic Pro. It was designed for those who use their Mavic for critical operations and need an all in one solution. It comes with the Control Antenna System and Whip Antennas as well as a landing/launch mat and black carbon fiber skin. Check out our YouTube video for more information and expect other optional accessories soon to accompany the Tactical including a swivel mount for amplified directional flight using the Control or other directional panels.

Titan Drones, Inc.

I have the Nanuk 910 (used w/mfr box foam) for my DJI OSMO Mobile and the Nanuk 920 (w/pre-cut foam) made specifically for my DJI Mavic Pro (MP). I can tell this is a Nanuk, but I don't know which one. (Update: you responded on Youtube, Nanuk 918)

I went to NVCon 2017 back in Mar/Apr. I met a lot of people that enjoy HAM radio like I do. I have my Tech license and thinking about going up to General. I did a presentation on UAV/UAS at the convention. I met the local search and rescue folks, we had interesting conversations. They are interested in integrating MPs into their setup. They asked if I wanted to come on board and I think I just might. Anyway, I think what you are building is great. Just to make sure I have all of the details correctly,
  1. Included is launchpad, 6 ft. harness cable, control antenna system, antennas (whip & directional) and spacer, 6800 mAh battery and power supply, 3 MP battery cables, sunshade, 2 amplifiers all for $700
  2. Will you only be using the black case or other colors? Our SAR uses orange I think.
  3. Do you install the modification to the RC?
  4. "6800 mAh battery is good for dozens of flights"...you mean when powering case right? Will the case charge MP battery if not plug into power supply? If so, I could probably get away with charging 1 MP battery from the case battery.
  5. Charging the MP batteries in the slots with the Courser...does that create heat which would be bad for the MP batteries?
  6. The harness has 2 antenna post connectors and a USB cable. Normally the phone/tablet plugs into the side or bottom of RC. I do not see anything coming out of the iPad lightning port. I see the 3 ends connect to case and RC. What is the USB for? Is there something hidden that goes into the iPad?
  7. Will the case charge the Tablet or RC from the case's USB port?
  8. Would this case stand up to being plugged in 24/7 via power supply for ready-to-go use? The MP batteries are designed to deplete over so many days, need them full because you never know when search and rescue will be needed. I read/saw some place where the MP batteries are safe to be stored at 30% - 60% full. Vehicles with AC outlets or (generators) could probably top them off while driving to location. Would the Bestek power inverter you showed in one of your videos work to power the case with Courser charger while in the car? Will there be a DC cable for the DC outlet to charge or maybe even solar?
I have my own setup from stuff I already had that isn't specific to the MP. I have two Goal Zero Yeti 150s (GZY150) and two Goal Zero Yeti 400s (GZY400) for power outages, camping/glamping and such. On the front of the GZY150 is a DC port, two USB ports and one AC port (80W max/160 surge) and the GZY400 adds an extra AC port (300W max/600 surge). I have 3 ways to charge them...solar, AC, and DC. I have the different charging cables and solar panels for each one.I keep one GZY150 in my car to power my HAM radio via DC port or recharge MP batteries via AC port. The GZY150 is then plugged into vehicle's DC port to trickle charge it while driving. When not driving I take advantage of free power by connecting a solar panel to charge the GZY150, I live on the sunny west coast. The GZY150 is great to take to the beach and have power for MP batteries for all day flight time. Some days 5 batteries is enough but sometimes my MP flies more because of family members wanting a turn.

On another note...
Non-contructive criticism does not do any good. I am not here to do it either, but many are. I read something long ago and laminated it. "The best kind of criticism is constructive criticism, which aims to help the person receiving it understand ways to improve. Not all criticism is constructive, however." You also must know how to constructively criticise. People shouldn't just jump on a thread and start downing or poo-pooing an idea. State what you like/don't like, add suggestions and/or ask questions. If the thread topic is not for you, it takes only one post (if that) to say so. POST OR DON'T AND MOVE ON TO ANOTHER THREAD! You don't have to post on every thread you come across. No need for multiple comments from the same person. If you need to add to what you said just go back and edit your post, put all negative comments in one post. I am not talking about when making a response to a post from someone else, in that case you are answering someone. Some came back repeatedly to add all kinds of negative comments. I know some will take this post personal, get upset about what I just said and maybe write back nasty stuff. I don't care because I don't plan to revisit this thread except to see response from Titan Drones, INC. But...If the shoe fits, wear it. I have watched the YouTube video, made my decision that it isn't for me but I will keep it in mind if I or someone ever needs something like this. This is me moving on.

Last edited:
Reactions: zero1981
Very cool.

If you don't mind my asking why would law enforcement want to use the Mavic as opposed to the P4?

Portability
Better position hold in the wind
Occusync is far more stable than lightbridge
Camera is the same
Cheaper to run

It amuses me to read some of the comments here on what the mavic is and isn't useful for. I've been involved in UAV's for decades now, military and civil, and now in educationand can say that all drones have their use and place, especially now DJI has entered the drone world. I look at what I've spent my money on over the years, and to be honest, this package is excessively expensive. Sure it may not be for everyone, but if everyone wants to post about what they don't want, then the forum is quickly going to fill up with rubbish.
Telling everyone how you believe this is not value or not useful doesn't help anyone. I'm here to ask questions and learn about new things. I really don't care to read what you don't like. Unless you have had hands on and a negative comment your wasting everyone's time with your opinions

It amuses me to read some of the comments here on what the mavic is and isn't useful for. I've been involved in UAV's for decades now, military and civil, and now in educationand can say that all drones have their use and place, especially now DJI has entered the drone world. I look at what I've spent my money on over the years, and to be honest, this package is excessively expensive. Sure it may not be for everyone, but if everyone wants to post about what they don't want, then the forum is quickly going to fill up with rubbish.
Telling everyone how you believe this is not value or not useful doesn't help anyone. I'm here to ask questions and learn about new things. I really don't care to read what you don't like. Unless you have had hands on and a negative comment your wasting everyone's time with your opinions
Exactly! The key word being, ' constructive criticism', and that is always welcome as it would usually have some sustenance to it. However stupid pointless comments without anything to even back it up helps absolutely no one. Unfortunately I have seen plenty of that on the forum. However there are luckily alot more helpful people here to out weigh the ones who just like to radiate negativity.

Reactions: SkyNinja
Wow.....you just singlehandedly destroyed the main reason to own a Mavic: Portability!

A single padded case that contains your Mavic, three batteries, full size iPad, two antenna systems, dual amplifiers, four charging cables, sun shade, controller, and plenty of room for more crap is pretty portable. Yea, you can't go rock climbing with this case - for that you would need a light backpack, but I would venture to say for the other 90% of us this is pretty portable.

Correct me if im wrong but i assume this will have a 2 pin US plug to charge?
is the voltage 110 to 240?

also what about a customer case with a different logo?
Yes it's two pin wall plug but just use a plug adapter. That's all I do. Regards to the logo. It's only stuck on so you can peel it off if you chose to

ah should of been more detailed i mean the bit that lights up?

I could also cut the plug off and wir. a new uk one on but was just asking.

ah should of been more detailed i mean the bit that lights up?

I could also cut the plug off and wir. a new uk one on but was just asking.
The part that lights up is powered from the built in internal battery. That charges with the charger which comes with the ground station. You could cut the wires and changes the plug. I just prefer to use the adapter.

The part that lights up is powered from the built in internal battery. That charges with the charger which comes with the ground station. You could cut the wires and changes the plug. I just prefer to use thae adapter.

Are you in the uk and using one?

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FredFulf