DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The hard facts

Fireboy

Reactions
I thought I would give my thoughts on the mavic for those waiting. This is a state of the art flying machine. Most of the cost is put into the aircraft and technology it has. Little money is put into the camera. Now the camera does make good video. I love raw video and I do little to no editing because I like the videos to look like I made them. Most of the video on YouTube has been edited a great deal. That's not a bad thing but a lot of people are thinking that is what you get when you hit the record button. We must remember that this is not a $1500 aircraft with a $2000 camera on it. With that said most people (including myself) will be very happy with the total package. Do some video editing and you will be very happy with your video movies. Now back to the aircraft itself. I have about 25 hours of flight time now. This thing is the most stable aircraft I have owned. My last flight was in 30 mph winds. The battery lasted 17 mins but this little bird had to work hard to fight the wind. At one point I let it hover at 10 feet in front of me just to watch it in amazement. It was amazing to see it fight to hover in place and listen to the motors change pitch constantly to hold its ground.

So if you keep in mind the cost of the mavic the aircraft itself will blow your mind. The camera should meet your expectations as well at this price point.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

Reactions: thornstein
Hi Fireboy! Thank you for your insight. I posted in another forum that I was not really taken by the video footage, so I was curious if you had any "raw" video clips posted, or could post, that have some action behind them? Something like trees moving in the wind or something that could overload the camera.

I have a P3A and I was never really blown away by the quality when there was a lot of action on screen, but landscape shots were of course awesome.

For reference, I usually take videos with these (in order): Canon T6s, YI 4k, GoPro 4 silver GoPro 3 silver, and a random video with the iPhone 6.

I appreciate the insight.

For some reason I am having issues posting video to this forum. I did cut a 10 second part of my video from yesterday. Trees are whipping in the background and the focus is great. Only thing I have found is that house windows and the lines on the road get wavy sometimes. Have tried every setting and hitting auto focus repeatedly while flying to fix it. Did not fix it.

Sorry correction. If I shoot in 720 there were no waves at all. I shoot in 1080p at 45 or 60 fps now because it is giving the best quality and most of the world has not adopted 2.7k or 4K. And I don't have to convert the video to send to family and friends. Each of us has to find what works for them. If I had a 4K tv and laptop I would shoot 4K.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
magic31