DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The RC symbol on the DJIGO4 app flashing "Not connected"

Mr Spock

Reactions
bbea392f0176e05e7eb07889b24024ae.jpg

The RC symbol was flashing and then i got a lost connection or not connected message on the app but had control of the MP and landed.
Restarted everything and the flashing was gone and everything was ok.
What does the it mean when the Remote Controller symbol is flashing like fading in and out on the DJIGO4 app ?
I am on FW 01.03.000 btw.

Anyone pls
Thanks.

Reactions: Falcon1az
I just noticed that today... My signal was strong, so I assumed it was because my controller battery was low.

Reactions: flipf
I also had this when flying yesterday, the actual signal was strong (almost full bars) and the battery was good. Just slow fading/flashing. No idea what the problem was, will see if it's the same tomorrow.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Was answered on RCG that the fade means that external interference is detected.
Thank u for this. Can u please paste the URL for that here?
It makes sense now that u mentioned it as i did play around with the TX settings from "auto" to "custom" and changed the BW to 10Mz and then moved the settings back to "auto" but it is a bit odd that there is no mention of this in the manual.
My RC battery was full and i had full signal, i was only 1 meter away from the MP as i was hovering to test FW 01.03.0000 and then lost signal when i hand landed but the weird thing was the MP was responding to the RC command left stick down for landing.

I found this on the DJI forum. "When the icons blinking, radio interference is detected. "HD" blinking means UAV encounters radio interference, while "RC" blinking means remote controller encounters radio interference. The interference is too weak to let the users feel. But if it becomes stronger, users may find that the video quality decreases, then some tips may occur to inform the users to take care."

My experience - I had rcvd a remote controller interference msg on the app. Then I noticed the RC icon blinking. There was no consequence associated with this. I landed, swapped batteries, and flew without rcving the error again.

However, it isn't clear to me if this msg/warning/blinking HD or RC is an actionable msg. Or in other words, should you bring the machine home, land, re-cycle power, and continue flying? Or is it something to be disregarded until another more serious msg is received?

However, it isn't clear to me if this msg/warning/blinking HD or RC is an actionable msg. Or in other words, should you bring the machine home, land, re-cycle power, and continue flying? Or is it something to be disregarded until another more serious msg is received?

No way would I recommend flying on with anything blinking. I learned the hard way just a few days ago, when other posts suggested it was okay to fly with the remote control or HD icons blinking. I was barely a quarter of a mile away from The Craft, when the RC icon started to Blink and then the icon disappeared entirely. The next thing that happened is I got a message indicating that the craft will land where it's at and if it was safe to do so. Yes or no? I hit no every time. Trees and a stream below. It did this several times. I had to race to where the craft was by locating it visually, then landed it manually. Even as it landed the remote control was blinking but then visible again as it touched down. The Four mile range has not come into play for me yet without this thing blinking at me at every turn at about a quarter of a mile. I have tried flying different locations, all with the same results. I checked my distance limiter, and it is in the off position. So there should be nothing purposely limiting my flight distance. I don't see how there can be that much radio interference everywhere I try to fly. Firmware also updated to the latest version, IMU updated. Pretty much stumped on this.

I uploaded the new firmware 6 today after recalibrating I took up for flight and it started giving me no connection go in and out, flew in the same area I have flown before and never had this issue. Could there be a problem in the new firmware update??????

I have not installed it yet, but will be doing so and give you my results. Cheers.

I decided to try flying on despite the constant RC and HD symbols blinking. I would not recommend it. ..I flew on for about 30 seconds after the RC symbol started to blink. Mistake! The next notice I got was that the bird was going to land from where it was hovering. About 1/4 mi away. The message read, "safe to land YES or NO". No way! I knew it was over a bunch of large trees and a stream. Had to visually locate it beyond the foliage. RTH was not working either so it was not an option. Anyway, I manually landed it and got it back. Restarted and the RC Symbol and HD were fine. But no way will I fly with anything blinking and ignoring it. Just my experience.

I'm surprised by the experience you had. I would have guessed if the machine lost radio signal it would automatically switch to return-to-home. I'm puzzled. Part of my confidence flying is the return-to-home feature. The RC interference msg... the blinking RC icon... are signal issues. With loss of signal I expect the RTH feature to be flawless.
As a test... why not turn off the RC? I've seen YouTube vids of folks doing that. RTH worked flawlessly.

I will try your suggestion and turn off the RC to see what happens. I agree that it should have RTH. But the day that I lost signal with it, it gave me no return to home option or indication. When I attempted to do so, there was no message on the remote that the craft was returning, nor could I even engage the RTH feature. The yellow slider bar was simply not there for me to accept a RTH. The only message being displayed was that it was going to land where it was at, and was it safe to do so or not. ( silly question had it been too far for me to see what was beneath it). I agree that RTH should work flawlessly every time and it's what we all rely on to make sure we don't loose our $1000+ investment. Anyway, thanks for your feedback and I will post with anything new about this.

Flew the other day. On the app... I got the blinking RC icon again even though I had 4 and 5 bars of signal. To my knowledge, limited... believe me, the RC icon on the remote controller does not blink. It does not blink in conjunction with the app RC icon in any case.
Not jumping to a conclusion here but the app is not exactly stable in my experience. Certainly, not so stable the other day. I had it shut-down on me 4 or 5 times during the session, in-flight. BTW... I had airplane mode -ON- and no other apps open.
So I am beginning to trust the RC signal strength on the remote controller and use the app as an 'indicator or trend information'. Even though the RC icon on the app was blinking (and I'm not entirely sure what triggers that) I have continued to fly.
An aside, after the app crashed on me the 3rd time... I left it off and challenged myself. I wanted to see if I could maintain heading and position awareness throughout the flight, enough so, to fly the machine back using the remote controller flight distance. It is possible to do that and get it close enought to pick it up visually for a safe landing (no RTH required). I'm not saying disregard RTH setup... no, no... just making sure I've got the SA to fly the machine back.

Reactions: Michael Ainsworth
If nothing else - read the manual. Lol. So it appears the RC Icon blinks when an interference is recognized during flight. If - there are no additional warnings in DJI GO 4 app, the interference will not attect the machine.

Attachments

• 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    34.1 KB · Views: 28
It seems like once the warning is triggered it continues until rebooted even though 'interference' was only momentary.
I guess the point is it may return at any moment so fly with increased caution to avoid unexpected signal loss.

The thing I'd like to know... what are the "further warnings" you might receive and what the severity to successful flight might be.

Reactions: Mr Spock
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
O'Ryan