DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

The RC symbol on the DJIGO4 app flashing "Not connected"

"Signal interference at aircraft" is the message i got after around 7 minutes of the RC icon flashing, i had around 4 to 3 bars of sig. and full sig. at the video HD feed. Then suddenly i lost the RC icon all together. This is suppose to be flashing when there is interference near at the RC i thought. its very strange i get it now in almost every flight since i upgraded to firmware .0400. If someone knows how to fix this bug please come forward as this is not caused by interference i am almost convinced but caused by some connectivity issue between the RC and the bird or some FW bug. BTW i wish the 32ch hack was available for the mavic as it was for the P3A/P series. Perhaps i should relink the RC to the Mavic?
78594abfe7e38f8261c43b96b98a762d.jpg

I flew this morning, 3 batteries worth. I'm using the Samsung S7 Edge, airplane mode, no other apps open. The app crashed on me 6 times. Just got off the DJI support 'chat' board. After laying out the problem, DJI GO 4 very unstable and crashes too often, the tech responded. He told me to try using the Samsung charge cable and USB port in the middle of the RC.
I've used that port with my tablet, Samsung S2, and it dawned on me I don't think DJI GO 4 crashed on the S2. I'll report back tomorrow... after trying the Samsung cable and middle USB port on the RC instead of the DJI cable and port on the left side of the RC.

it has become a permanent thing for me now. even in places where before the RC symbol was not flashing it now does. could it be that i have to unlink and re link the Mavic to my controller?

I flew this morning, 3 batteries worth. I'm using the Samsung S7 Edge, airplane mode, no other apps open. The app crashed on me 6 times. Just got off the DJI support 'chat' board. After laying out the problem, DJI GO 4 very unstable and crashes too often, the tech responded. He told me to try using the Samsung charge cable and USB port in the middle of the RC.
I've used that port with my tablet, Samsung S2, and it dawned on me I don't think DJI GO 4 crashed on the S2. I'll report back tomorrow... after trying the Samsung cable and middle USB port on the RC instead of the DJI cable and port on the left side of the RC.
The cable made no difference. Now... I have upgraded to the latest firmware and that has made a difference. Additionally, I did a clean install of DJI Go 4 too. It may have been one or the other or both but the app has been very stable, no crashes, during the last 3 flights (about 60 minutes worth of flying). Very pleased the app is more stable, solid and performs as expected. Immeasureably more pleasant experience flying when the app is stable. Confidence building.

Hope it stays that way I had trouble with 600

I basically see the flashing RC symbol on my controller every time I fly, 100% of the time.

Tried updating everything, refreshing all FW, rebooting...nothing ever changes. I recently had DJI service my Mavic and was hoping that would resolve it but, nope it still flashes 100% of the time, even when the drone is 10' away from me.

After my last post, as well as several flights, I only pay notice to the 'blinking Remote Control icon'. The blinking icon will not be cause for me to fly home or otherwise discontinue my flight or video/photography mission. Until I receive an additional warning, I take no action on the blinking RC icon. Additionally, I fully expect the machine to initiate the RTH sequence when the RC to Mavic signal is lost.

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    33.3 KB · Views: 16
Reactions: go fast
I found this on the DJI forum. "When the icons blinking, radio interference is detected. "HD" blinking means UAV encounters radio interference, while "RC" blinking means remote controller encounters radio interference. The interference is too weak to let the users feel. But if it becomes stronger, users may find that the video quality decreases, then some tips may occur to inform the users to take care."

My experience - I had rcvd a remote controller interference msg on the app. Then I noticed the RC icon blinking. There was no consequence associated with this. I landed, swapped batteries, and flew without rcving the error again.
ive tried 10 apps all the same problem

It means you are flying through interferance of some kind either radio or if the hd is blinking then a downlink problem.. i have never had it stop me from flying though. the last two go 4 updates has made my icon work the way they do for ios it will stop blinking for me now when i leave the area.. before on andriod it would never stop blinking.

Reactions: Kilrah
thanks for the reply but i think it has something to do with the dji go 4 app mod i had installed ,i changed to the regular dji go app and no blinking rc logo .

As mentinoed the logo will blink if interferences is detected. If there isn't any then it doesn't blink.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
boatdoc