DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 There I am flying my drone, and this happens...

I bet that sent chills up your spine :)

Did you drop altitude just after they pass, or did they gain altitude?

@MS Coast they are old WW2 munitions stores, spaced out so that if 1 blows up it hopefully doesnt blow up the next one.
Interesting. I've seen distributed munition storage structures here in the US, but they've all been earth-sheltered bunkers.

They complicate plowing a bit.

Thanks.

I resisted the urge to gain or lower alltitude and stayed where I was.
I've seen a few flocks flying past lately. I guess it's quite hard to judge their exact height as there aren't a lot of distance cues when looking up in the sky. It kinda looks like they may have dipped lower to fly under and avoid your drone? Glad there were no casualties (drone or birds) 😊

If you look closely you should be able to see that the birds didn't collide with each other... think they had your drone under full control, especially since you was just hovering ;)

I've seen a few flocks flying past lately. I guess it's quite hard to judge their exact height as there aren't a lot of distance cues when looking up in the sky. It kinda looks like they may have dipped lower to fly under and avoid your drone? Glad there were no casualties (drone or birds) 😊
Me too although I genuinely thought this was gonna be drone ending for me lol. I wa already in the air when I seen them incoming. I was around 60m up and at that point I guessed they were around the same height so I went up another 40m thinking that would give plenty of free space but I called it wrong.

Out flying the drone earlier and this happens !! I was aware of them incoming but thought I was much higher, obviously not.

I can remember flying a twin engine Seneca five aircraft VFR over the Alps at 12,000 feet when and Eagle filled the screen ! I thought it was going to hit then it dropped a wing and dived beneith the Aircraft !
That is a great clip the birds adding to the dynamics ! Most will get out of the way.
Here in Uk I often get Red Kites flying at my drone more through curiousity than in attack mode
Great clip

Out flying the drone earlier and this happens !! I was aware of them incoming but thought I was much higher, obviously not.

Too cool, Geese typically fly tight formations so I doubt your drone was in danger and you got a good video out of the encounter.

I can remember flying a twin engine Seneca five aircraft VFR over the Alps at 12,000 feet when and Eagle filled the screen ! I thought it was going to hit then it dropped a wing and dived beneith the Aircraft !
That is a great clip the birds adding to the dynamics ! Most will get out of the way.
Here in Uk I often get Red Kites flying at my drone more through curiousity than in attack mode
Great clip
That must have been scary !! I suppose in the end I got a good clip out of it but for a moment all I thought was it's the end for my drone.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki