DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

These PolarPro filters make all the difference.

A question that may sound dumb... But does the polarized filters really make a difference if you work it in post-prod anyway like on premiere...?

I ordered the official ND filters from dji but wonder if the polarized filters are just to win some time or truly to enhance quality...

Yes polarizing does make a difference. You can't recover what isn't there. Granted, if you're a PS master you can ADD what wasn't there, but that's a lot of time and effort spent to do something in post you could have captured in-camera.

Reactions: WheelzWorld
Can you leave the polar Pro filters on all the time even when you startup the drone?
Yes, with my cinema series you can. Also Polar Pro has made a statement that they redesigned all of their Mavic filters mid January so that all of them may be left on and still have gimbal pass initializing. I believe I saw on various forums where people buying filters from PolarPro for Mavic before the redesign are allowed to exchange them for the newly designed ones after contacting Polarpro support (But don't quote me on that, I would ensure you get the right ones in the first place by not buying them online from some retailer who perhaps has had them in stock since before January).

Last edited:
Reactions: CC Rider
OK, so I followed the video instructions. I see now why I was getting gimbal errors every time. Filter was not all the way on. Mine don't slid all the way on to cover the seal that the video mentions. Anyone else have that problem. Also, my filters look different. I was one of the first people to get them when they were out. Did they revise the design??? Took me almost an hour to get the filter off. I have Polar Pro filters I use on my Phantom 3 and 4. Works awesome. Just wondering if their initial release was too small???
View attachment 8495

Yes these are the old ones that stopped shipping in November.
Shoot me an email and I will happily send the latest version for you.
[email protected]

-Jeff from PolarPro

Reactions: CC Rider
OK, so I followed the video instructions. I see now why I was getting gimbal errors every time. Filter was not all the way on. Mine don't slid all the way on to cover the seal that the video mentions. Anyone else have that problem. Also, my filters look different. I was one of the first people to get them when they were out. Did they revise the design??? Took me almost an hour to get the filter off. I have Polar Pro filters I use on my Phantom 3 and 4. Works awesome. Just wondering if their initial release was too small???
View attachment 8495
These are the older ones. The new ones are made from aluminium and are much thinner. I bought the older set as well early on. Used them as PolarPro instructed and had no problems. They say in the instructions to fit after initialisation as they don't clear the gimbal. Then I bought the new Cinema Series which can be left on the camera.

Dude, i think you captured a UFO. it first shows up at .35 seconds into the video. Notice how it travels and disappears and re-appears... :)

UFO.png
Just had a good look at it again. It's my mates Phantom 4. No idea why it kept disappearing though.

FYI: DJI warranties are voided if ANY non-DJI accessories - including lens filters and props - are used on their Mavics. Hasn't stopped tons of folks from using PolarPro filters in the least, but just something I wanted you both to be aware of.

After having problems with one set of third-party ND filters I bought for my Mavic that caused gimbal problems, motor overloads and startup troubles for me - which is how I discovered this voided warranty policy DJI has in place - I opted to purchase DJI's own line of ND filters. Designed by the same engineers who designed the Mavic, their filters are easy to put on and take off, and are fully compatible with startup and gimbal initialization, which some other ND filters are not. I have been quite pleased with their results.

PolarPro's are good filters and a worthwhile investment. I use them on the other drone I fly. Happy filming and photo taking with them.

DJI doesn't even honor a warranty on their own filters. I bought the polar pros and I like them

Testing them on a sunset. Used the ND8 to capture this lovely sunset.

would you be so kind as to share your camera/video settings when that video was taken? im a newbie drone owner and just getting to grips with this new bird, and alothugh i do love it im finding it so much different to a handheld camera and just trying to fine tune it, some of my pictures appear a little soft even with focus used on the screen, your video looks crisp and sharp and im wondering if there is some extra side settings to improve the sharpness and clarity and overall lighting, thanks for any advice in advance.

Hi Guys, i am new to MavicPilots and to the drone world.

However, i have been looking at lenses for my Mavic Pro and am not sure which to get?

Heard polarpro are good but am not understanding the difference between the cinema filters or the norm? Also, do not want to get Polarpro lenses until i have good feedback or done sufficient research.

Which are the best to go for and also allows the mavic to setup with the lens on?

The Polar Pro Cinema are great lenses. Make sure you read the description, there is a second version that came out and it will state that it allow auto gimbal calibration and the lens can stay on. If you can afford it, get the ones with PL for polarization. Makes a world of difference with water and glare.

The Polar Pro Cinema are great lenses. Make sure you read the description, there is a second version that came out and it will state that it allow auto gimbal calibration and the lens can stay on. If you can afford it, get the ones with PL for polarization. Makes a world of difference with water and glare.

Thanks a ton for this, i have been contemplating on which to get!

I bought the polar pro filters because a user on fb bought the dji nd filters and one broke installing it and dji wouldn't honor the warranty. they look flimsy.
Yep My DJI filter also Broke removing it, it cracked in half

I've had excellent results and no gimbal issues with PolarPro's Professional filter kit. The app that comes with the filters — calculating which filter best provides optimum shutter speed — was an unexpected and very cool touch, 'specially for filter/drone newbies. The app also links you to PolarPro by phone or email with a tap if you need answers. Nice.

Do you left the camera setting in auto mode or manual mode?
Yeah, On this occasion I left it at auto except for the shutter speed which I manually adjust until I got no over-exposure.

Very Nice! Are you placing the filter on after the gimbal does its initial power check. Mine always fails and gives gimbal errors if I mount the filter prior to power on. Was hoping to do it that way. Much easier to mount with the camera lock bracket on.
My gimbal initializes all OK with it fitted No problems at all

Where in Australia is that....I wanna go....

Flash
It's Stradbroke island, just off Brisbane.
Fraser Island is much better. About 4 hours north of Brisbane though

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brokerman