DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Told to Hold off on update?

1) The message only pops up once when you first connect the remote and APP to the Mavic. Just Press "GO FLY" and ignore it.

2) The .400 update will soon be removed so when that happens you can still update to the latest version at anytime but once you update it will be impossible to go back to .400 because it will no longer be offered.

Rob
Rob, are you technically capable of capturing an archive of the .04 FW that can be reloaded if necessary? I'm sticking with .04 as long as possible.

I'm going with the "If it aint broke don't fix it mentality". I'm on .400 and so far it does everything I want it to so I have no need to update. It would probably be fine it I did update but there is always the risk of something happening either while trying to update or after applying the update. There is no risk in leaving it alone.

Andrew there is a way to save the update. It is mentioned in another thread. I will link it tomorrow.

Nightowl702 I agree with you on this but I can understand why some people will gravitate to new features rather than stick with less features on a more stable version. When I get my goggles I am pretty sure I am going to have to update to the latest version and that worries me.

Rob

Good deal! I can't today but I might tomorrow. I am on .500 and I'm not having any trouble but before they remove it I better go to .400 since it's more stable. I keep saying to myself why downgrade if I'm not having trouble but everyone says. 400 is more stable.

I've had my Mavic since February and I did my first update with .400 and it has been fine. I've been watching the forums here and found that most folks have stayed with .400 due to constant releases and nothing stable. Since I have not had any issues (knock on wood), I'm staying with .400 for now.

I upgraded firmware last week... with .600.

I did 4-5 flights with it with NO PROBLEMS. However, now all of a sudden, I fire it up and it says NFZ Limit on controller and doesn't allow me to fly. I'm downgrading to .400. It's very strange that it would just suddenly start doing that. The only thing I can possibly tie it to is I downloaded an offline map of my home state between my last flight (with no issues) and now.

I upgraded firmware last week... with .600.

The only thing I can possibly tie it to is I downloaded an offline map of my home state between my last flight (with no issues) and now.

Nope, I would bet that on .0600 you will have that issue, each and every time you start up, until you get a solid GPS lock.

Nope, I would bet that on .0600 you will have that issue, each and every time you start up, until you get a solid GPS lock.

Do you believe the error message would go away with a solid GPS lock? When I first starting getting the error message, I was indoors. I never took it outside to see if the remote no longer showed that error message once connected to 7+ satellites. I have NO INTENTION of flying it indoors so maybe it's not important if it still works outside? I just don't like the error message on my remote controller I guess. Should I try upgrading again to .600?

I am worried that DJI made a lot of improvements from .400 to .600 and there might be other problems that were successfully addressed with the new firmware but I'm not using it.

Do you believe the error message would go away with a solid GPS lock? When I first starting getting the error message, I was indoors. I never took it outside to see if the remote no longer showed that error message once connected to 7+ satellites. I have NO INTENTION of flying it indoors so maybe it's not important if it still works outside? I just don't like the error message on my remote controller I guess. Should I try upgrading again to .600?

I am worried that DJI made a lot of improvements from .400 to .600 and there might be other problems that were successfully addressed with the new firmware but I'm not using it.

Yes, my NFZ error went away each time I went outside and got a good lock. I used .0600 for a while and that was the only problem I had, so if you're not flying indoors, or running tests, you're probably ok.

Personally, I am back to .0400 until they do another update. I like the idea of having functionality, even indoors and without GPS, but I am afraid it might come down to being forced to lose it.

BTW, It looks as if they are trying to eliminate ATTI takeoffs altogether, and I'm not sure now how it reacts if GPS is lost in flight.

They are certainly aware by now that many are freaked out by it, and might make adjustments to it.

Well I roll back to 400 from 500 and now they've come out with 700. That's alright I'll take my time with 400. Took it out a while ago and 400 is much more stable than 500. That bird hovered in one place and didn't move even in a little wind.

Reactions: Robert Mitchell
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mandeh