DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Told to Hold off on update?

I wonder how DJI will handle service for those running older updates.
P.S. I always fly with the new updates and have no issues with the latest update.

Reactions: iSilentP

To piggyback msinger - "NO" - and it can't be adjusted by design. Updates are for a reason. Y'all can sit there and roll back updates but I'm a firm believer - at this point - DJI knows what the **** they are doing. Like seriously they've created a billion dollar plus market that's on the verge of exploding (think Apple circa 1978). And besides that not all enhancements are listed in the notes. For instance, a lot less disconnects with my 7 Plus (not listed in notes). If you have Refresh, you must have latest FW.

Yes there is a way to eliminate the update message. You have to clean out the app installation then reload the App that matches your firmware and then make sure you never turn on the wifi on that device.

If the app does not get a message file that there is newer firmware it does not nag you.

Mine was running fine like that for 3 weeks and then I turned on the wifi to get map data and the nag came back. It's not worth it to roll back again, I just ignore the Nag and fly.

Rob

Last edited:
To piggyback msinger - "NO" - and it can't be adjusted by design. Updates are for a reason. Y'all can sit there and roll back updates but I'm a firm believer - at this point - DJI knows what the **** they are doing. Like seriously they've created a billion dollar plus market that's on the verge of exploding (think Apple circa 1978). And besides that not all enhancements are listed in the notes. For instance, a lot less disconnects with my 7 Plus (not listed in notes). If you have Refresh, you must have latest FW.

Microsoft is a billion dollar company.
Need I say more?

Rob

If you have Refresh, you must have latest FW.

DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

Reactions: Andrew F
DJI Care Refresh does not cover the following:
1) Lost or partially lost aircraft, gimbal or accessories.
2) Stolen, forgotten, or abandoned product.
3) Damage caused by flight under unsuitable conditions.
4) Remote controller, battery of Inspire 2 and Phantom 4 Pro and Phantom 4 Advanced, and modification accessories.
5) Deliberate losses.
6) Abrasions and shell damage that do not affect the performance of the product.
7) Direct or indirect losses caused by force majeure.
8) Replacement requests for damage incurred outside the period of validity.
9) Extra fees resulting from technical enhancements or performance improvements.
10) Damage resulting from modifications that are not in accordance with manual recommendations, or the use of incompatible batteries and charger.
11) Damage resulting from the use of third party accessories, batteries or software.

How about some empirical data? Imho I haven't seen a refresh honored on this forum without the latest FW installed, really?

You obviously have not been around the dji world long.

Reactions: Forrest and Robbyg
How about some empirical data? Imho I haven't seen a refresh honored on this forum without the latest FW installed, really?

Yes Really!
That's the contract you agreed to and paid $99 for. I suggest you go to the DJI website and see if you can find where it states you must have the latest firmware to have your refresh service honored. Also you do not need to have the latest firmware to have your regular warranty honored.

In 30 years as an EE I have never come across a Consumer product that included a clause that invalidates a warranty if the firmware is not up to date. There are many countries and regions of the world that have poor or almost no internet service. How would these people even do a firmware update?

Rob

Please let us know how it goes.
I wish that you will not encountered all those update failure that others has.
I myself still ignoring that nagging update reminder, IS THERE A WAY TO TURN THAT OFF?
It went away for me after downgrade. Back on 0.400 and it say latest firmware lol

...mind's the limit...

Well, somehow I think I have the lastest now but never recall telling it to update, anyhow I went for a good flight today and it went well save a few small issues. so instead of creating a new thread I will discuss them here to see if its firmware related or not..

1. I now keep getting (sometimes 2 or 3 times mid-flight) a popup window that I have to click 2 lines, something about flying restrictions and then I can click confirm and it goes away, it happens every time I launch.

2. today I had video issues, when I first started I had a black screen but all the flight HUD was up just no Pic. and later (2 times to be exact) I lost Video feed. I was never more than 120 ft away and the last time I was 42 ft attempting to try out the gesture mode.

3. Gesture mode,, I have watched about 4 videos regarding this function including the guy from DJI (which it worked everytime for him), while all the others had issues some of which it really didn't work well but would take a pic from time to time, I could not get it to take a single pic, I would highlight myself and it would always track me, only at the end did it finally start where it would ask "OK" in or around the box, but even then after waving my arms, then doing the box both far from my face, to close to my face and even at my chest, not once would it take the photo.

I was able to get tracking and Point of interest to work (Great may I add) but ran out of battery before trying the other fun stuff which now leads me to last question, do I have to remove the SD card to download the Vids and Pics or can I simply connect directly to the Mavic ?

thanks for your patience with me being a complete noob :)

I'm on .600 and using iPad 2 Air. No problems for me yet. Upgrade to it, you can always go back.

If you bother to read some of the problems people are having with there firmware updates DJI are telling them to roll back the firmware . So they know there are some problems with it. What I would like to know is why some have problems and some don't, there must be a reason for
that. I belive in updating firmware as well . Until .600 gave me problems when the other updates did not. I'm using Android so that might be it. funny thing is that their new crystal sky is Android. LOL

Last edited:
I just activated last evening. I went ahead and did the upgrade. I did have a 'freak out' moment when the forward position sensors went outta whack and I couldn't get the calibration to take. First thought was.."oh man, all those horror posts about .600 must be for real!" Then I went to the forums and did some reading. After which... I went over to my MP and peeled off the protective stickers from the sensors. Doh!! .600 is working fine for me too...

Has anyone else been getting the update reminder, and have they installed it

Got mine installed last week and crashed it the next day. Sent it to dji for warranty claim so I'll need to see if it was my fault or a problem with the software/equipment

Still on .400 here. When I can read that EVERYONE is happy with their updates,I'll switch. One more thought. Set your device up so it does NOT auto update. And read.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hippysmavic