DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Too Honest or Crazy

SkyWings

Reactions
The MM I purchased through Amazon had a few issues that couldn't be resolved so I ordered a replacement. It arrived in 3 days and then I had 30 days to return the defective one. They provided all the necessary forms and I put the faulty one into the shipping box to send back.
I mentioned to an acquaintance that I was impressed by Amazons return service and he asked if I kept the batteries and charging plug as Amazon will just sell the box at a liquidation sale. I told him I didn't think that was being honest and he said I was crazy.
Soooo, out of curiosity I would like your opinions...would you remove some items or not????

I am not condoning dishonesty but what specificity did Amazon ask you to return ?

I once returned a PC monitor to the manufacturer for replacement but when the new one arrived it had no stand, I contacted the manufacturer about it and they told me I shouldn't have sent the stand back as that wasn’t the faulty part but did agree to send a replacement.

The question is, did Amazon tell you to return the purchase or the faulty part. If first, everything had to be returned, of last, only the drone.

Since you got a complete new package (drone with accesories) it is reasonable to assume they expected to get the entire original delivery back. You did the right thing!

You did the right thing by returning the drone and everything that came with it. Bravo!

Thanks for your replies, I feel better knowing I wasn't the only one that is honest. Supposedly when items are returned to Amazon they just go to distribution warehouse and sold along with other items on a pallet. They aren't really inspected so some people take advantage of that and don't always return everything they should. I am grateful to Amazon for their return policy and promptness in sending me a new MM.
Now I just hope the new one doesn't have any issues like the first one...I'm anxious to get in the air.
Thanks again.

Reactions: THE CYBORG
It depends if you have a conscience or not. Some have it, some don't, and some lost it after being dishonest one too many times.
I've gone back to the grocery store to pay for an item that was not charged after I checked the receipt. It seems crazy, but I sleep better.
I did the same thing at Costco. When I was loading my truck with my purchases I noticed I wasn't charged for items under the basket. Went back to customer service to pay for them and they said it was their mistake and so no charge and thanks for your honesty.Honesty does pay off.

You should distance yourself from the dishonest acquaintance.

It depends if you have a conscience or not. Some have it, some don't, and some lost it after being dishonest one too many times.
I've gone back to the grocery store to pay for an item that was not charged after I checked the receipt. It seems crazy, but I sleep better.

I won't drone on about it, but - "A good conscience is a soft pillow"

I had to send one back one time. Sent em a brick. They never paid it no mind. Refunded my money as soon as the UPS guy scanned the box. And to be honest I slept fine.?
Course I’m just shooting you some bull but I’m like that .?

It always annoys me when people take advantage of liberal return policies. It just hurts all of us when the companies tighten up their rules because they have been ripped off. One day I was in REI which had a very liberal return policy. A guy next to me brought in a pair of hiking boots that obviously had many many many miles on them. He wanted a new pair because an eyelet had pulled out.

The MM I purchased through Amazon had a few issues that couldn't be resolved so I ordered a replacement. It arrived in 3 days and then I had 30 days to return the defective one. They provided all the necessary forms and I put the faulty one into the shipping box to send back.
I mentioned to an acquaintance that I was impressed by Amazons return service and he asked if I kept the batteries and charging plug as Amazon will just sell the box at a liquidation sale. I told him I didn't think that was being honest and he said I was crazy.
Soooo, out of curiosity I would like your opinions...would you remove some items or not????

My. My. Look at all the SAINTS in this post. What a perfect world we live in. NOT.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GillesdeColombes