DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Traveling With Drone

Heading to the Dolomites in Italy this summer. Any suggestions or concerns for there?

Thanks

What about flying drones in Canada? Going to Toronto for a few days and may head over to Niagra as well.

Canadian laws have gotten stricter recently. No flying further than 500m away, no higher than 90m, closer than 75m from building, people, vehicles, etc.

You can't fly over the falls at all (too many heliports nearby).

There would still be some nice places to fly, just have to look for good spots.

Banned in the NAtional parks and the Provincial Parks in Canada. Thinking of BC for a fall road trip, and am mapping out routes that skirt along the parks.

Don't know where you are planning to be, but I just came back from a business trip to BC. Flew the drone at Jones Lake (near Chilliwack BC). Very secluded, so you won't be bothered by anyone. Need to take a logging road up to it, so don't have a low riding car. SUV or truck is better, but can be done with a car.
I'm just in the process right now of editing the video I took from up there, but here is picture I took from there last year to give you an idea.

Attachments

• 40.jpg
    8.7 MB · Views: 47
Reactions: Dragonfly1
Did you guys use the Lipo Bag with Batteries to Travel on Plane?

Did you bring the drone in your carry-on or inside your suitcase?

I've never used lipo bags (in the US overseas), and lipos MUST be carried on and not checked.

Last time I traveled I did the following:
Batteries had terminals covered with tape, in a sandwich bag, and LiPo Bag - Double bagged
Drone and batteries were on my carry on. Not a word was said to me but I don't know if that had anything to do with TSA-Pre check in.
I also bought lipo bags for the batteries. But did you put all of them in the bags or you left one on the Mavic?

I also bought lipo bags for the batteries. But did you put all of them in the bags or you left one on the Mavic?

The danger is if the contacts touch ... I always leave one in and keep the other two isolated from each other in the case. Never used lipo bags to transport them, and I have flown both within the US and internationally several times without a single issue. I am in Norway now and haven't had an issue.

Reactions: dsmpampis
Just to clarify for the asker, you can fly over private property if you have their permission.

That's correct. The problem is that a great deal of land is private farmland, especially on the north island, which makes it VERY difficult to fly anywhere legally.

Anyone know about the laws concerning drone use in New Zealand?
I have flown in NZ its pretty much the same as rest of world .... high over built up areas, not over big cities or stadiums, no spying and enjoy the wide open spaces .

Reactions: M4RK
I have flown in NZ its pretty much the same as rest of world .... high over built up areas, not over big cities or stadiums, no spying and enjoy the wide open spaces .

Actually, New Zealand has a quite a number of strict rules, including with respect to private property, flying over roads, etc. Here's the site where you can check the rules and the no-fly areas:

Find a drone operator | airshare NZ hub for drones and UAVs

Ok, guys just travel from Germany to Greece with no issues at all.
First at the baggage check they ask me what is in the LiPo bag [emoji51] and I told them it's a battery for my drone (they looked the battery a bit strange) then they told me that they have to make an extra control and they checked it for substances[emoji12]!

Guys,

It is an interesting topic and very useful.

I will have a trip to
a) Holland - Eindhoven
b) Belgium - Brugge
c) Germany - Frankfurt&Munich
f) France - Strasbourg
etc. etc.

I would like to have some flights at countryside zones, Does this create a problem against the laws?

Guys,

It is an interesting topic and very useful.

I will have a trip to
a) Holland - Eindhoven
b) Belgium - Brugge
c) Germany - Frankfurt&Munich
f) France - Strasbourg
etc. etc.

I would like to have some flights at countryside zones, Does this create a problem against the laws?

Don't worry, you are not going to have any issues at all!

I returned this week from Mexico flying AA going I carried my drone and glyphs and batteries on board in my shoulder bag and placed it under the seat in front of me. During my stay in Mx, my first flight warned I was in a Class D area and not to fly - it even limited my flight height to about 90 ft. but it flew above it easily.
This was at a resort but I flew along the beach and out over the desert all within sight and without concern.
On the return flight I checked the batteries in my luggage and carried the MP n glyphs in my bag as before.
I never had anyone ask or question what I was carrying or my intentions.
YMMV....

D

I returned this week from Mexico flying AA going I carried my drone and glyphs and batteries on board in my shoulder bag and placed it under the seat in front of me. During my stay in Mx, my first flight warned I was in a Class D area and not to fly - it even limited my flight height to about 90 ft. but it flew above it easily.
This was at a resort but I flew along the beach and out over the desert all within sight and without concern.
On the return flight I checked the batteries in my luggage and carried the MP n glyphs in my bag as before.
I never had anyone ask or question what I was carrying or my intentions.
YMMV....

D

You checked your batteries in your luggage? Not carry on? That's actually a potentially dangerous thing to do. Hard to think of a reason to do so.

Anyone know of drone rules in Japan? Researched it a little last night, wondering if anyone has experience over there. Thanks :)

And for UK travellers on Thomson Airways, I received the following response to my request for their rules....

fcd88bf53ce8c98876170c11dfcb0802.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hiinthesky