DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Trying to schedule Drone SAR training in Florida in the fall

"Bob is also looking for ways to provide an on-call industrial sized drone for any agency that needs it. The drone will be overnighted to the agency, and ready to go. Still in the planning stage, but its a great idea."

@BigAl07 since you own a few different drones, which would be your choice in this situation? I was thinking that a DJI product would be a good choice, but you own a Yuneec H520 that seems like it could work well.

"Bob is also looking for ways to provide an on-call industrial sized drone for any agency that needs it. The drone will be overnighted to the agency, and ready to go. Still in the planning stage, but its a great idea."

@BigAl07 since you own a few different drones, which would be your choice in this situation? I was thinking that a DJI product would be a good choice, but you own a Yuneec H520 that seems like it could work well.

That's a tough one... the bigger more "industrial" units have different controllers/aps than what most of us are used to. I'm not saying it's a night/day difference but if you've only flown using DJI Go you're going to have a learning curve with a Matrice or an M600. Not only are they "different" in that aspect they are more complex and thus have more risk involved.

I think if I was going to have one "larger" unit available and I could readily get the parts/batteries etc I would go with an Inspire 1 V2 as a catch all. It can be fitted with different payloads and it isn't overly complex to fly.

I just don't know that I'd trust just shipping and flying an expensive unit like that. I'd opt for a smaller, cheaper, and more portable design like the Mavic 2 Enterprise DUAL! It's not cheap but at $3K it's a lot less than a fully equipped M210 which would come in around $25K all in. Also the M2ED won't break the bank every time you have to ship it somewhere.

I LOVE my Yuneec H520 but if you're only used to DJI and you don't have time to learn, the Yuneec it's not a good choice for a Ship & Fly situation. When you're doing a LIVE Public Safety flight the last thing you should be doing is learning a new system.

Reactions: Former Member
Excellent advice.

How about an I-2? The nly reason why I ask is that it has dual cams, one for flying and the other can be used for observing on the 2nd controller.

All loaded, it might be $6000 +

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
brianklenhart